Driving tests and covid

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

vexorg

Driving tests and covid

Post by vexorg »

Driving tests seem to be an abandoned area for covid. My son failed his practical test in november 2019, decided to leave it a few months as he had college work to do for the end of the year and would restart practicing and applying in the new year.

Covid struck and tests were cancelled, lessons were cancelled, only some home teaching in 2020. His last test was supposed to be in March 2021, usual email came in about being postponed due to government restrictions.

The theory test expired end of May, and the governemt are not extending these, meaning you need to re-sit the theory before you do the practical. I phone up to see about getting a free re-sit since none of the cancellations were our fault, it was the governement that cancelled it. But no, you need to pay again.

Worse than that, you are at the back of the queue for theory tests, and in central scotland there are no spaces for theory tests to the end of their bookings, currently up to end of October (Glasgow, Clydebank, Greenock, Ayr, Edinurgh, Stirling). :wall :wall :wall

When talking to them, Pearson (that run the theory test) are dropping the contract in August with the government as they have had no support and are getting dogs abuse from angry people.
David
cavalier1990

Re: Driving tests and covid

Post by cavalier1990 »

So glad I got my licence in 93! If this had happened then I'd be apoplectic!