Corsa Central Locking Problem

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

blowfelt

Corsa Central Locking Problem

Post by blowfelt »

I have a corsa c and have a problem with the central locking.The central locking on the remote key fob was a bit temperamental,before it stopped working.The central locking works fine with the key but not the remote key fob.I have changed the battery in the remote key fob and also checked 1,11,17 and 22 fuses,which are fine.I've also tried to sync the remote key fob in the ignition,but without any luck.

I know there is 4 relays in the BCM for the central locking system.So could the remote key fob stop working due to one of these relays being faulty or could it be down to the drivers side central locking module/motor.
vexorg

Re: Corsa Central Locking Problem

Post by vexorg »

do you have opcom? it should give more details and programming options.
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

No I don't.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

So would the opcom diagnose what the problem?
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

If the keys needed reprogramming to the immobiliser, then Opcom would do this for you.

It can also check the key function - so that you know that the fobs are sending out the lock and unlock signals.
It will say which key is being operated... key 1 to 5.

Opcom can also test circuits, such as to operate the door solenoid motors to verify problems with lock and unlock function.

I am not so sure that there would be four relays in the body control module purely for the central locking function. That seems a bit like overkill.

Opcom would work as a test tool or programmer -
But it will not serve very much as a "diagnostic tool" although it may identify open circuits or short circuits within various modules.

I am not sure whether the modules would produce an error message that would be stored and could be read out using OpCom.

It is one of the only tools that can look at fault codes not produced by the engine ecu. (P codes).
The bcm and any door modules will use (B codes - for body system) using the single-wire low-speed network.

Generic fault code readers only read P (powertrain) codes on the high-speed network or via kwp protocol.

Opcom can be very useful for many functions,
and powerful enough to fix or kill any pre-2014 Vauxhall.
But it is not guaranteed to find many faults.
This would still require a good level of electrical understanding and modest diagnostics theory.

I presume you have checked the obvious stuff like system voltage (weak main battery), general condition of connectors, pins and cables. - especially in the door looms where the cables are flexed by the opening and closing of the doors.

95% of faults result from loose, damaged or dirty connectors, pins or wires.

Also - I know we have just started the rainy season.
Take a look in your BCM, as they can suffer water getting in, screwing up the electrics.

Failing that, there are quite a few Corsa forums.
Or if you wish to chat with my more knowledgable friends from the now defunkt Opcomusers forum, you could ask on VxON.

Especially Marks152, who is / was a Corsa-C owner and an absolute genius when it comes to diagnostics and fault finding.

Apologies for the war and peace.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

There was also someone on corsa-c forum, pugh125k, that sold replacement button kits for the remotes as they can fail.

Do you have a spare key you could try?
Or if you do get opcom, then you can try get another key and program it up.

Or if you have a good oscilloscope then you can see if the signal is sent out, think it's about 433MHz on the corsa.
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

I have a spare remote control key fob (CLKF) that works fine for unlocking/locking central locking on my old 3 door corsa c,which I'm scrapping after I've salvage everything for the new 5 door corsa c.

Can I reprogram the 3 door remote control key fob to work the central locking on the 5 door corsa c,if I have opcom?
And do I need the security pass code (4 digits code) from Vauxhall to reprogram this 3 door remote control key fob to the 5 door corsa c?

I have changed the remote housing and battery on the 5 door remote control and had a closer look at the 2 buttons on the circuit board,both buttons look soldered to the circuit board properly.

No,I don't have an oscilloscope.
Will Tec2 help diagnose the problem?..bc my friend has one.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

You need the security code, but you could buy opcom for less than the charge from vauxhall for the code, and there is a trick with the corsa c to read the code out of the instrument panel. Makes hte whole security thing a bit of a joke.

The remote should be able to be programmed between cars ok.

Tech2 will do the same as opcom, but is quite unfriendly to use, worse than opcom which is saying something!!
David
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Depending what software and hardware you have, then you can find the security code from the Instrument cluster in the car itself.

You want software 100219a and you must use firmware v1.39 for the Corsa-C.

Not many (if any) new Opcom devices are capable of being configured to these settings any more.

I agree about tech 2, very slow and totally user-UNfriendly.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

I was told yesterday that I only need the security code to reprogram a new key and not to reprogram the remote control central locking fob.Is this correct?

Also,I was told,if the central locking works with the key,then all the actuators in the doors are working correctly.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

Well if the locks pop up and down then the actuators are working.

I've not programmed a fob in a while, but would presume it needs the code as it's a security feature
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

Does the remote central locking fob actually send a signal to the door actuator/s? If so,then the actuator/s could still be faulty.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

The actuators are simply motors with end-stop switches.

The fob will transmit to a module within the car, and the module will send a polarised voltage to the actuators / motors.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

Probably sends the signal to the BCM module, and it decides what to do (lock, unlock, which doors, etc).

Just because it's usually related to weird problems, how are the carpet in the front, wet or dry?
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

The carpet is dry in the front and back seats.

There is four relays related to the central locking in the BCM,which I'll inspect later.

https://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt1 ... ve/BCM.jpg

K24D - dead-lock
K24A - driver door
K24C - unlock
K24B - lock

I have a corsa c 3 door donor car that I can take parts off for the corsa c 5 door.So if there is a relay faulty,then can I use the relays from the corsa 3 door to work on the corsa 5 door.And can I just take out the relays without disconnection the battery bc I don't have the radio code that comes with the car pass.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

What radio do you have fitted?

Dependent upon the head-unit, you may not need the radio code.
R10, CC20, CD30, CDC40 are all full CAN radios and do not need the code inputting when rconnecting the battery.

As for the relays - they all have part numbers on - just use relays from the donor car, with the same part numbers as those from your car.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

I have a CD30 radio,so don't needed the radio code.

If the central locking module is faulty on the 5 door corsa,can I use the central locking module off the 3 door corsa or would they be different modules?

I don't know if this will help to minimize the issue with locking/unlocking the doors with remote control key fob.When I press the fob to lock/unlock the doors nothing happens,no sound and no indicators flash.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

The only way to know about module compatability is to look at the part numbers or two-letter alpha-code.
If they are different, then probably not.
If they are the same, then they "should"... but if not, it may just need programming to change from 3 door to 5 door settings.

Also - as you have the CD30, then the radio code is the same as the car security code.
(Unless you have swapped the radio and display as a matched pair).

Have you tried a spare key fob?
I know that some Astra-G / Vectra-B remotes became faulty.
Try putting a piece of paper packing between the battery and the case.

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16753&p=169605
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

I'd be surprised if the modules were different, I would expect the rear doors and passenger door just to be off the same wire.

Chances are it's battery connection, or switches, or worst case chip in the rmote is dead.

Once you've ruled out the battery or switches, get another remote then see if it'll program up,
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

I don't have the car security code/pass,I've just bought the corsa.Vauxhall want £36 plus for security car pass.

So,if I don't have the security code,then will the radio not work,if I disconnect and reconnect the battery?..bc you said,depending on the head unit you have,which is CD30 (one that you listed),then I wouldn't needing to input the code when reconnect battery.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I am inclined to suspect the remote. (Key)

As for module compatability - with Vauxhall, what you would expect and what reality gives you, can often be poles apart.

Nothing with Vauxhall susprises me - except when something works perfectly from the first attempt.

You will have no coding issues.
You may need to synchronise your electric windows and sunroof where fitted.
But no code inputting.

The ONLY time you need the security code, is when you are making changes to the car that affect the bcm, instrument cluster, engine ecu and anti-theft warning system / immobiliser.
Or when fitting / removing radio or display components separately.

They can be swapped as a matched set without coding. As David said - so much for security.
Just nick the whole lot!!

Low function modules like door modules can be swapped readily... and if necessary programmed without the code.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

So let me see iirc,I don't need to input the radio code when disconnecting/reconnecting the battery.Radio will still work?
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

Took battery off for about 15 mins to reset ECU,then re sync key fob but no joy.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Try following my link above to see if it is just a loose battery holder in the remote key fob.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

I first checked the key fob for everything,buttons on the circuit board to see if they were still soldered.I changed the battery and checked the metal battery contacts,everything seems to be fine.