Corsa Central Locking Problem

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

vexorg

Re: Corsa Central Locking Problem

Post by vexorg »

You'll need to invest in opcom to program another remote, or take it so someone to get it checked out.
David
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Indeed - Vauxcom / Opcom appears to be the cheapest way forward.

At least you would not need to pay for a car pass - so it sort of pays for itself.
Again - I would consider joining either VxON or one of the Corsa forums and asking for assistance from members in your area.
There were lots of OpCom users a while ago - sadly the Opcom forum closed in March. Taking with it a central hub of members and information.

Any car key supplier will charge a small fortune for a transponder key and programming.
A dealer will be dearer still.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

The problem is, like many forums, they are dead, the corsa-c forum has very few posts and active members. The corsa c is a cheap car not worth the effort to repair to most. In reality, you could buy another corsa c for what a dealer would take to fix the problem.

I wouldn't recomend vxon, but I am biased as the previous owners had issues with opinions outside of their little clique's narrow view. You might have more luck than me.
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

So,can I reprogram a key fob (not the key) without the car pass,if I have Opcom?.. bc Im aware you can get car pass with Opcom v1.39,which I've read they don't make v1.39 anymore.

Is Vauxcom and Opcom one fault reader/programmer or are they two different fault code/programmers?

I don't want to buy anything,until I have eliminated all the possible problems that may cause the key fob not to work the central locking.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

VauxCom is the "official" tool from Ilexa and would cost in excess of £500 to buy.
OpCom was the original mainland Europe version from 3M in Hungary...(about €700)
But....

The Opcom that everyone discusses are cheap chinese copies (clones) and typically cost between £20 to £30.
In recent years the chinese copies have used updated circuit boards and fake internal chips. (PICs)
These are supplied in a later software and firmware configuration - the firmware cannot be changed otherwise it kills the PIC.

Early boards used genuine chips, and could be reprogrammed to accept various firmware configurations. To suit the needs of each vehicle.

There was a chap called Mandarin on Opcomusers who could test and supply cloned units. He would have been great to sort you out with a unit... but alas I have no idea where he is now. (Other than in south Wales).

So - before shelling out your hard earned cash on an interface - message a few sellers saying you have a Corsa-C and that you specifically want V1.39 or a PIC that can be "rolled back" safely.

Software wise, I have about 20 different version between 2007 and 2016... maybe even 2019... I would need to check.

My favourite version is 2011 advanced. Works great on my Vectra-C.

As you correctly suggest -
If you have firmware V1.39 and software 100219a (or 082010b) then you will be able to read the code from the IPC (instrument cluster).

You fit the transponder parts to your current key fob, so that everything is in one package.

Programming wise.
It is a matter of programming the immobiliser with a "new transponder key".
It is a lengthy procedure but easy to do.

There are plenty of guides about - the key programming guide has been available online since day one, back in 2007 / 8
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

On vxon, manderin is "koicarpkeeper", but mark152 is the guy you want to get it all working.

I've got a strange opcom version, sw is 120309a+131223d, and fw is 1.59, yet it seems to work with everything on corsa and meriva, even things it shouldn't
David
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

vexorg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:41 pm I wouldn't recomend vxon, but I am biased as the previous owners had issues with opinions outside of their little clique's narrow view. You might have more luck than me.
I've joined voxon and you were right about the forum. :o

I will let you know the cause of the problem,once I've got the key fob to work the CL. :thumb
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

Just had a peek, that's fairly mild
David
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

vexorg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:51 pm On vxon, manderin is "koicarpkeeper", but mark152 is the guy you want to get it all working.
I agree, Mark was the genius of the old OpCom forum.
He lives in Liverpool and so just at the end of the M62 from you.
He was also a Corsa-C owner himself.
So if you could meet up with him, I am sure he could get you going.
blowfelt

Post by blowfelt »

Tested signal on remote fob and no signal,so might want reprogramming or is the remote fob buggered and I need a new fob.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

If it is a new key, it will need programming in the immobiliser.
Otherwise the key will not be recognised by the car.