Al Murrays multiple personality disorder.

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

3cav3

Al Murrays multiple personality disorder.

Post by 3cav3 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=udIpFTXFy ... lzb3JkZXIg

I have always liked Al Murray, but had never seen or heard of the above programe. Some of the sketches had my literally crying with laughter. Cant believe id never even seen it before.

WARNING DONT WATCH IF YOURE PART OF THE MODERN WOKE CULTURE.
cavalier1990

Re: Al Murrays multiple personality disorder.

Post by cavalier1990 »

I remember him doing the Geordie whale song, had a good laugh at that so I did!
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

I heard him on radio 4 once talking about stuff, the pub landlord was deliberately made to appeal to the lower classes, and to mock them without realising it. When they asked if he was worried they'd find out the reply was well they are not the kind of people that would ever listen to radio 4.
David
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Other than that video clip, I have never watched him on TV.
He just never appealed to me.

Most TV comedians generally don't float my boat.
I did see adverts for the pub landlord series, and never gave them a second thought.

I also saw adverts for "why does everyone hate the British".
Hmm, I think anyone with an ounce of brain knows that answer anyway.

I could watch his series in the video quite comfortably.

Not 100% pc, but then it is a million miles from the likes of Alf Garnett. - Now that is offensive... and not just by modern standards. That does make me wince in discomfort.

And American p¡$$-take comedians just make me glad I am not American.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

I always thought of Alf Garnet being a bit like Eddie in Love Thy Neighbour, the joke was you were actually laughing at how narrow minded and racist they were being, not at the racism itself. Although I can totally understand why people would take offence at both programs, a lot of it was quite extreme. What gets me though is people seem to still be able to take the mick out of the Welsh. I'm a Taffy born and bread, and am amazed at how many shows make references to sheep etc.
vexorg

Post by vexorg »

Alf is another prime example, it would appeal to that older generation with that kind of view, in a "right on" kind of way, but whatever the previous generation expression was for that.

My grandparent on one side were like that Alf mentality, not stupid, just jst very racist in private. Refused to eat that "chinky muck", or on a medical form fill out the doctor that saw him as "some paki doctor". Just they way they were back then as working class upbringing.
David