black stripe

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

robstoke

black stripe

Post by robstoke »

when i had my cav there was a black stripe and a silver stripe down the sides .took the silver one off and just left the black one on(like in my pics)but yesterday i took the black one off and i think it looks loads better.just need to go over the bits where i took them off with a bit of paint restorer.i took some pics 2nite but my camera is terd and you couldnt really see.so il try again later and see if they any better and put them up in the showroom.and im also gutted cuz one of my side repeater bulbs has fell off(well the orange casing)cheers :wave
Gaz

Re: black stripe

Post by Gaz »

i do think they look loads better without stripes, as for the indicators get some clear ones they are cheap enough

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-CAVALIER ... 1|294%3A50
robstoke

Post by robstoke »

yeah,seen some on e-bay for 4 quid.was deciding between clear and the smoke ones. :wave .all i need then is some red wing mirrors
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Go on treat yourself!
robstoke

Post by robstoke »

think i will treat myself.got pics up on the showroom of my stripless cav.av a look and give us your opinions.cheers fellas :wave :wave
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Regarding the mirrors dude, i think its easier and cheaper and more fun to re-spray them rather than buying new ones.(unless someone gives an enticing offer :p )
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
robstoke

Post by robstoke »

good point mate.my mirrors are black and grey.which is good for me if im spraying them cuz i can just spray the grey bit.nice idea.cheers :wave
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

No worries fella :D
As for me, when i re-sprayed mine, i was intending to just spray the outer cover, not the long triangular bit, but i kinda went over a bit with the primer :lol: But i think its better anyways, as the black/grey didnt make a good job of being pretty on the Kings Blue. But ye, black and red go really good together i think, good luck with the project fella ;) :grommit
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
RatCav

Post by RatCav »

I like the black bit to be honest. Otherwise you end up with everything a single colour. Its nice to have somethiong to break it up a little.