P-reg...

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Cavalier342

P-reg...

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hey all :wave I know that the Cavalier production was halted in 1995 sometime, but i heard somewhere that apparently after the veccy was launched, there were a few Cavaliers still put out, under a p-reg. Driving about today, on the way home i spotted a Kings Blue saloon, which i normally see, except this time i saw the license plate, and :shock: :scratch P*** *** :o
Lol i was like proper staring several times, and it was definitely a P. lol. Wooo i've seen one of the latest off the production line :D except the state of it looked as if it was twice its age :( :cry
Still.. never thought i'd see a P-reg Cav :D
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
robstoke

Re: P-reg...

Post by robstoke »

be strange to see a P reg one.i remember seeing a new plated transit van,saw the front expectin it to be the new shape and it wasnt,it was the old shape tranny.i was told that they still put the old shape out with a new plate(must be either you can choose to have the old shape-or they are trying to get rid of surplus old shape trannys)shame you couldnt do that with cavs.maybe somewhere there is a lock up full of immaculate cavs that evryone has forgot about,and one day there will be 09 cavs on the road.haha.a lovely thought :wave :wave
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

oOh how cool would that be :shock: Hell ye 8-) MY09 CAV :D
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

theres an "S" reg knocking about somewhere. ive got a picture of it, will try to dig it out.

anita

ETA: hope this picture works lol
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

how?! can't be personalised plates 'cos you can't have a plate that makes the car look newer...
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

i cant remember the full story but apparently it had been stored in Northern Ireland and not registered until 1999
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Wow :o
I think the S-reg definitely suits the Cavalier, as the car doesnt look like an old design. Such a shame they stopped production :cry
Previous:

robstoke

Post by robstoke »

thats mad that is...a S reg cav.haha.nice to see though.theres gotta be more around :wave :wave
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

i wonder if they get pulled over a lot by some keen eyed cav-aware traffic cops...?!

ah no, of course not, silly me, we don't have traffic cops anymore, we have speed/safety cameras. hmmmn...
DiplomaXE

Post by DiplomaXE »

P reg blue hatch near me in Totton, Hampshire i see occasionally. think its a TD gls or cdx, beautiful condition too.

read somwhere the mini cab boys lapped up the last TD ones as they preferred them to the new fangled vectras (as we do of course)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

:D totally agree buddy
Just imagine how much more popular the Cavalier could have been with a station wagon version :shock: Goodbye veccy i think :lol:
Previous:

Colorado

Post by Colorado »

An S reg Cavalier that must be the last one registered-Awesome!
andysri

Post by andysri »

ive never seen any later than an 'N' on the road. i'll be keeping an eye out now
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs