Am I a...

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Am I a b*****d?

Yes, your actions brand you're a complete prat...
13%
Yes, but it's still funny.
25%
No that was a good decision.
63%

Total votes: 8

Squig

Am I a...

Post by Squig »

...complete b*****d, read on and judge... poll included :lol:

First a principle; If you need to have a phone conversation whilst you're driving either a) PULL OVER, b) invest in a bluetooth stereo/handsfree kit, or c)if you don't own a bluetooth phone see option a.
I've, living near Manchester, seen more bad driving while the drivers on the phone than I care to remember...

Now why the question; I was driving to New Mills this morning and spotted a little Beford rascal size camper van driving a bit erratically coming close to kerbs on straight roads and driving slowly... a badly maintained vehicle with poor tracking could explain it but when I pulled up next to her I noticed she was involved in a conversation on her mobile... :x
Now today was a fantastically sunny day so my windows were down and the stereo was on low (audible over wind-noise at 40 but not loud). Now disappointed at the stupidity of certain members of the human species, I decided to stage a mini protest at her actions.
So the stereo went up to full and I sat revving up to 5000-6000 rpm, as the lights went to green I drove off sedately and without a hint of wheelspin :lol:

Now am I b*****d, or was my not-so-silent protest justified :D

(I was going to shout over that she was an inconsiderate road-user but Emma wasn't so keen and told me not to as I stopped :lol: )
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
rp9524

Re: Am I a...

Post by rp9524 »

I got 3 points for that the day it changed to points and a fine :no

Im a changed man now, and i like to tell people what i think of there actions, me and the lady where neerly hit by a driver on there phone while taking the baby for a stroll.

So you did good, make life hell for them!
(Sold) 1991 Vauxhall Cavalier L 1.6 8v
(Sold) 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 2.0i 8v
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Sod em. They are in the wrong.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Colorado, you are totally right here! I hate drivers who use phones at the wheel. I see many about, mainly either overpriced sports cars or vans. Either one, i always pick out at least 5 mistakes when i watch them. mirrors, signals, brakes, road awareness, road signs, speed limits, etc.
Really pees me off.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I casnt say i dont drive on the phone but its normally "hang on im pulling over" these people who talk for ages should be shot.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

very true :) I mean if its an urgent call, then yes, quite right, some sort of short message should be returned on the call, but unfortunately i just see drivers on the phone for a while, with a :) face on, and there's me going :wall
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

If they are not aware of what is around them thats bad. You get people start driving up the back of people because they havnt seen them stop which is what happened to me a year or so back when i was driving my Turbo to work.