What a load of trash

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Cavalier342

What a load of trash

Post by Cavalier342 »

Lol was just browsing msn.com, and on the car section, i came across an article - Top 10 most reliable cars in the UK.
Ok fair enough i thought, have a look. as soon as i saw the cars - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What a load of TRASH!!! :lol: What they did is picked a load of brand new cars, 08-09 plates and stuck them in a photo gallery and called them the most reliable cars :lol: Why bother, i dont even know. What they clearly should do, is have the same line-up of cars, say, 20 years down the line, then see how they fare out :lol: take a look
http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_ar ... =148735398 :wave
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Colorado

Re: What a load of trash

Post by Colorado »

Hmm i see your point.
jambo_sri130

Post by jambo_sri130 »

You can rely on them costing you a fortune to fix when they go wrong
Sticking feathers up your arse does not make you a chicken!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Not only that, i've read an article somewhere on the net, that when the Prius came out, it was apparently really troublesome with electrics. Like i said, what that survey did is picked a few hondas and toyotas and made a photo gallery. Cant believe its actually got to msn.com lol. are they stupid or what. In my opinion, aside the Cavalier models, i would name another solid workhorse. The mighty Astra Mk3 estate. I see them everywhere, beat up, paint faded, hub caps missing, but i see the same ones all over again. What that survey shows us is how stupid people can be sometimes. Then again, it could just be a joke set up by a load of bored office workers on their fagbreak.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Squig

Post by Squig »

a lot of piddle.... a pile of fornicating excrement.
A car needs to last past 2 years otherwise it's simply decadent wastage and not worth the thousands spent on the vehicle. I agree that this should have been done with vehicles over 5 years old at least, but who, in the current political mindset is going to produce any document that could demostrate, say the benefits of an older car for overall "green" impact... other than those of us that possess enough marbles to understand this and not have a financial interest.

Rant over... I'd hope that cars were reliable for more than 2 years as they don't need MOT's for 3! I'd hate to think the 08 plate citroen in front is likely to fail at 70mph.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

I agree with you on that one.