OFF TO CHINA JAN 2010

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

sparzzy

OFF TO CHINA JAN 2010

Post by sparzzy »

been offered a job in china for two weeks to work on a roof . all travel and hotel paid for plus large fee for 10 days work on special building . going out with my one of my old work mates and leave my son to run things here. cant say no. only prob will be weather winter out there -4 to -20 . good job its a flat roof we can keep warm on tar pot. worked on loads of famous and special roofs over last 29yrs. had to sign gagging order so cant say what it is.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Gaz

Re: OFF TO CHINA JAN 2010

Post by Gaz »

so its government work then, are you that good tim that people in far far away places know of you?
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

france ,canada, spain, florida. plus more. often get asked to go abroad as royal tunbridge wells got lots of wealthy people . thats why i move here in 87. just coz its best time to go . jan normal quite .
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Good on ya, if you can get the work and your that good/respected then its always going to a good thing.
Squig

Post by Squig »

Nice one fella, quite impressed by that :)
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

sounds great
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

enjoy your time away :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

thanks people ( just so dont say guys and offen the ladies) only thing is 10hr flight . as only sleep 3 to 4 hrs a night 10hrs sitting dont sound good. still got 10hrs to lean chinese .
andysri

Post by andysri »

good on you tim
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs
Squig

Post by Squig »

sparzzy wrote:thanks people ( just so dont say guys and offen the ladies) only thing is 10hr flight . as only sleep 3 to 4 hrs a night 10hrs sitting dont sound good. still got 10hrs to lean chinese .
It's possible you will need a longer flight... many years longer :lol:

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

Squig wrote:
sparzzy wrote:thanks people ( just so dont say guys and offen the ladies) only thing is 10hr flight . as only sleep 3 to 4 hrs a night 10hrs sitting dont sound good. still got 10hrs to lean chinese .
It's possible you will need a longer flight... many years longer :lol:
as long as i can get a beer and snake soup.( wo yao pijiu sherou tang ) i will last 10 days. already got conntact for ex pats bar etc. rather see some sights and learn something than sit in a bar all night with english. do that at home.
Squig

Post by Squig »

:lol:

sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

jan start was delayed .but be on plane to beijing china this thrs eve for 15 days. put up so pics when i get back march. tim
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

Before Christmas I was contacted by a recruitment agency looking for 10 contract manufacturing engineers for a 3 month 50+ hours a week (6 days a week) contract in China, at £33.50 an hour. They would pay one return flight and that was it. He reckoned all the contractors stayed in 5* hotels for £25 a night B&B. Putting in a new assembly line for a small van.

I decided that missing my 20th Wedding Anniversary, my wife's birthday, and my daughter's birthday, was not worth the money they were paying.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

for things like that, i guess a man's gotta keep plan-free, eh. :)
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

jacko-lah wrote:Before Christmas I was contacted by a recruitment agency looking for 10 contract manufacturing engineers for a 3 month 50+ hours a week (6 days a week) contract in China, at £33.50 an hour. They would pay one return flight and that was it. He reckoned all the contractors stayed in 5* hotels for £25 a night B&B. Putting in a new assembly line for a small van.

I decided that missing my 20th Wedding Anniversary, my wife's birthday, and my daughter's birthday, was not worth the money they were paying.
i was on fixed price for 18 days but done in 12 so got to do some site seeing. got back 1st march. 5star hotel was mint. been asked to to jamacia for 6 weeks but said no. its not allways about the money.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Any pics tim?
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

Gaz wrote:Any pics tim?
on phone and camera. put them up sunday eve. apartment is mind blowing. marble and gold (fake) everywhere.
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

having problem with photos from photobucket. got 48 but keep having to resize them . stick some on when sorted.
THIS HAS PUT LINK TO PHOTOBUCKET SO FULL OF PICS OF ME PAST AND PRESENT CARS AND VANS. WELL DONE IF YOU LOOK AT ALL 250 OF THE PICS. I GAVE UP .
Squig

Post by Squig »

It wasn't the imperial palace you were working on was it?

sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

no it was flat roof on the british embassy beijing. been asked to go to jamaica to do that one in july . but said no.money is more but you have to stay in embassy compound in bunk beds in steel container. not safe to go out down town. bit of diff to my 5 star apartment in china.
Squig

Post by Squig »

"Come repair our roof in jamacia... we'll give you loads of money, but you'll get shot." I don't see the appeal either! :lol: