Petition To Save Carrie!!!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

CarriesGirl

Petition To Save Carrie!!!

Post by CarriesGirl »

This is a Petition on behalf of my Cavalier MK3 2.0 CDi who had an accident on 31 Jan 2010!! She suffered Damage to her O/S/F Wing, her Drivers Door, the Rear Passenger Door as well as a bit of a dent on her R Quarter Panel! The 'Assessor' wants to write her off because she is nearly 18 Years Old! Hence This Petition!!I have replaced the wing and drivers door, which leaves me with just the passenger door and quarter panel to do, as well as painting the white panels black. However, they will not agree to a possible reduction of the Cat B to a Cat C (which she should have been in in the first place!) Until she is looking as good as she was Before the accident!!?!! For further info and pics please see my WIP!

Please add your names below in Support of Repairing and NOT Scrapping:

CarriesGirl - Anji Kellett
Cavalier342

Re: Petition To Save Carrie!!!

Post by Cavalier342 »

This is a Petition on behalf of my Cavalier MK3 2.0 CDi who had an accident on 31 Jan 2010!! She suffered Damage to her O/S/F Wing, her Drivers Door, the Rear Passenger Door as well as a bit of a dent on her R Quarter Panel! The 'Assessor' wants to write her off because she is nearly 18 Years Old! Hence This Petition!!I have replaced the wing and drivers door, which leaves me with just the passenger door and quarter panel to do, as well as painting the white panels black. However, they will not agree to a possible reduction of the Cat B to a Cat C (which she should have been in in the first place!) Until she is looking as good as she was Before the accident!!?!! For further info and pics please see my WIP!

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
C30XE
Squig

Post by Squig »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Squig

Post by Squig »

stickied

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

Squig wrote:stickied
Thanks, can I get one?
Squig

Post by Squig »

CarriesGirl wrote:
Thanks, can I get one?
PM gaz regarding stickers...

CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

Squig wrote:
CarriesGirl wrote:
Thanks, can I get one?
PM gaz regarding stickers...
Thank you I will! Thanks again. :D :cheers
Bull

Post by Bull »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Vehicles I Run
94 Cavalier LS 1.7TD own since 11/09 Also: 95 Yamaha XJ6S Diversion

Previously owned
93 Astra LS 1.4 04/06-06/09, 90 Fiat Tipo 1.4 (Feb-Nov 05),89 Nissan Micra 1.0 LS (04-05), 92 Seat Ibiza 1.2 (03-04)
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

Just to let you guys and gals know, Carrie has been a part of my family now for nearly ten years so she is like a member of my family!! :love :love She is just too good to put down and I owe her More than she owes me!!

Thanks to all of you who have already shown their support in helping me keep my girl on the road!! :cheers
branny361

Post by branny361 »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Branny361 - Mark Branscombe
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Jacko-Lah - Mark F Jackson http://www.linkedin.com/in/logicalimprovementprojects

Note, There is no fundamental reason why they shouldn't make it a Cat D, other than sheer bloody mindedness.

The Value of a decent mk3 cav CDi is what ? £700 to £1000 ?

The repairs you describe done at an insurance approved repairer, would come to 3 times that (and the rest), but that doesn't mean it can't be safely repaired with second hand and pattern parts at a fraction of the cost.

They should be offering you £800 minus your excess and then allow you to buy it back for approx £80.

One way might be to call their bluff. Tell them you will not make a claim and you'll have the car back as it is, and claim privately off the 3rd party. If a 3rd part is responsible, then by law they are legally obliged to make good the damage, all this sh1t about unecconomical repair is just insurance companies trying to collectively minimise their costs.

Also NAME and SHAME !!!
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

jacko-lah wrote:Note, There is no fundamental reason why they shouldn't make it a Cat D, other than sheer bloody mindedness.

The Value of a decent mk3 cav CDi is what ? £700 to £1000 ?

The repairs you describe done at an insurance approved repairer, would come to 3 times that (and the rest), but that doesn't mean it can't be safely repaired with second hand and pattern parts at a fraction of the cost.

They should be offering you £800 minus your excess and then allow you to buy it back for approx £80.

One way might be to call their bluff. Tell them you will not make a claim and you'll have the car back as it is, and claim privately off the 3rd party. If a 3rd part is responsible, then by law they are legally obliged to make good the damage, all this sh1t about unecconomical repair is just insurance companies trying to collectively minimise their costs.

Also NAME and SHAME !!!
Thank you for adding your name to my petition, it is very kind of you. However, I feel I must point out that the Assessors are the one's who have put her as a Cat B and not the insurance company. Yes JG (authorised repairers) quoted £2,462.39 - my excess of £150 = £2,312.39!! I am being offered £300 - £150 = £150. The 2 company's who recovered her have both said she is in very good nick for her age and worth repairing. I just wish I could speak to the 2 assessors in order for them to see what a good car she really is disregarding the panel damage. I know I can get her repaired and back on the road (including Yet another MOT) for about £200, if not less! There was no 3rd party unless you count the nasty black ice which took her??!! :evil: :lol: Luckily enough my insurance company agrees with us and they are fighting to get her reduced to a Cat C. I also agree with you that she should be a Cat D anyway!! We have already repaired half of her and they still want to see her fully repaired before anyone changes their mind!!

Thank you for your support!! :thumb :D To be honest the only other CDi's I have found in the last 18 months are both being scrapped due to a couple of bits of welding needed!! Not found one for sale yet!! I guess the owners are holding onto them!! :lol: ;)

I need more people to put their names down though!!!
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Jacko-Lah - Mark F Jackson
Robsey - Rob Swindells
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Robsey wrote:This is a Petition on behalf of my Cavalier MK3 2.0 CDi who had an accident on 31 Jan 2010!! She suffered Damage to her O/S/F Wing, her Drivers Door, the Rear Passenger Door as well as a bit of a dent on her R Quarter Panel! The 'Assessor' wants to write her off because she is nearly 18 Years Old! Hence This Petition!!I have replaced the wing and drivers door, which leaves me with just the passenger door and quarter panel to do, as well as painting the white panels black. However, they will not agree to a possible reduction of the Cat B to a Cat C (which she should have been in in the first place!) Until she is looking as good as she was Before the accident!!?!! For further info and pics please see my WIP!

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Colorado - Paul Moore
Robsey - Rob Swindells

Definatly a Good cause. I am in
shuviteer

Post by shuviteer »

Just Pm'd you, and guess what..........I've found it.
Look on here. Hope it helps in your fight. :)

http://www.insurancewriteoff.co.uk/
shuviteer

Post by shuviteer »

Robsey wrote:This is a Petition on behalf of my Cavalier MK3 2.0 CDi who had an accident on 31 Jan 2010!! She suffered Damage to her O/S/F Wing, her Drivers Door, the Rear Passenger Door as well as a bit of a dent on her R Quarter Panel! The 'Assessor' wants to write her off because she is nearly 18 Years Old! Hence This Petition!!I have replaced the wing and drivers door, which leaves me with just the passenger door and quarter panel to do, as well as painting the white panels black. However, they will not agree to a possible reduction of the Cat B to a Cat C (which she should have been in in the first place!) Until she is looking as good as she was Before the accident!!?!! For further info and pics please see my WIP!

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Robsey - Rob Swindells

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Robsey - Rob Swindells
Shuviteer - Steve Manby
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

shuviteer wrote:Just Pm'd you, and guess what..........I've found it.
Look on here. Hope it helps in your fight. :)

http://www.insurancewriteoff.co.uk/
Just checked out the site and I still feel she should be a Cat C!! To repair her with brand new parts is beyond her worth but she is repairable!! As I am proving!! lol :D Thank you for the pointing this site out to me!! :cheers
phalinmegob

Post by phalinmegob »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Robsey - Rob Swindells
Shuviteer - Steve Manby
phalinmegob - Andrew Edwards
Last edited by Squig on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quotes within quotes... damn you
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

[quote="Bull"]This is a Petition on behalf of my Cavalier MK3 2.0 CDi who had an accident on 31 Jan 2010!! She suffered Damage to her O/S/F Wing, her Drivers Door, the Rear Passenger Door as well as a bit of a dent on her R Quarter Panel! The 'Assessor' wants to write her off because she is nearly 18 Years Old! Hence This Petition!!I have replaced the wing and drivers door, which leaves me with just the passenger door and quarter panel to do, as well as painting the white panels black. However, they will not agree to a possible reduction of the Cat B to a Cat C (which she should have been in in the first place!) Until she is looking as good as she was Before the accident!!?!! For further info and pics please see my WIP!

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

Cavalier342 - Andrei
Hairibo - Dave Bowes
Squig - Daniel Crookes
Sphinx - Emma Maude
Bull - James Williams
Robsey - Rob Swindells
Shuviteer - Steve Manby
phalinmegob - Andrew Edwards
sparzzy- tim sparshott
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

CarriesGirl wrote:
Thank you for adding your name to my petition, it is very kind of you. However, I feel I must point out that the Assessors are the one's who have put her as a Cat B and not the insurance company. Yes JG (authorised repairers) quoted £2,462.39 - my excess of £150 = £2,312.39!! I am being offered £300 - £150 = £150. The 2 company's who recovered her have both said she is in very good nick for her age and worth repairing. I just wish I could speak to the 2 assessors in order for them to see what a good car she really is disregarding the panel damage. I know I can get her repaired and back on the road (including Yet another MOT) for about £200, if not less! There was no 3rd party unless you count the nasty black ice which took her??!! :evil: :lol: Luckily enough my insurance company agrees with us and they are fighting to get her reduced to a Cat C. I also agree with you that she should be a Cat D anyway!! We have already repaired half of her and they still want to see her fully repaired before anyone changes their mind!!

Thank you for your support!! :thumb :D To be honest the only other CDi's I have found in the last 18 months are both being scrapped due to a couple of bits of welding needed!! Not found one for sale yet!! I guess the owners are holding onto them!! :lol: ;)

I need more people to put their names down though!!!

1) The Assessors work for the Insurance company. They may not be directly employed by them but they are working for them.
2) The Valuation of £300 is BULLCRAP - This is typical of all insurnance claims. I wrote off an astra and they tried to value it at £600. After negotiation they revalued it at £1350. It's a game they play. Pick every advert of every cav and print off a copy, then pick the 20 adverts most in your favour and plot some graphs.
3) If the value of the claim to you is only £150 after the excess and you can repair it for £200, tell them to stuff it, you'll not make a claim and you'll have the car back. If they are not paying out then they can't classify it at all.
4) Pay Hardball with these wrist jockies, they ain't interested in anything other than reducing the lose that they are about to suffer. That's why they have LOSS ADJUSTERS. Threaten to sue them if they attempt to make it even a Cat D.
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

1) The Assessors work for the Insurance company. They may not be directly employed by them but they are working for them.
2) The Valuation of £300 is BULLCRAP - This is typical of all insurnance claims. I wrote off an astra and they tried to value it at £600. After negotiation they revalued it at £1350. It's a game they play. Pick every advert of every cav and print off a copy, then pick the 20 adverts most in your favour and plot some graphs.
3) If the value of the claim to you is only £150 after the excess and you can repair it for £200, tell them to stuff it, you'll not make a claim and you'll have the car back. If they are not paying out then they can't classify it at all.
4) Pay Hardball with these wrist jockies, they ain't interested in anything other than reducing the lose that they are about to suffer. That's why they have LOSS ADJUSTERS. Threaten to sue them if they attempt to make it even a Cat D.[/quote]

Unfortunately I have not seen another Auto CDi for sale, although I have been watching a few GLS's etc on the 'bay! Even the non MOTers are going for more than £300!! I do have my baby sat outside my front door and have had her back for at least 2 weeks now! :thumb I thought 'we', my daughter mostly, were only claiming for 2 lots of recovery and storage and not for the damage to my car or for the car! However, my daughter now tells me that 'we' are claiming for everything. She is as stubborn as they are and will fight until they give in!!! :lol: I don't think they will reduce her to a Cat D but I do feel they could reduce her to a Cat C!! I am still paying her insurance too (£11.25 pr mth)!!!! :? :?:

What a good idea regarding printing off Cav's for sale and then making a graph!! I hadn't thought of that one! :cheers
jacko-lah

Post by jacko-lah »

On my graphs for the astra, admittedly there were more for sale, but I plotted Age Vs value with 3 different lines showing different specs, Miles vs value aghain with 3 lines with different specs
The same again with engine size. And then the same again with private vs retail. Note that retail price is what they SHOULD pay because the general public can not be expected to use their money to buy anything sold as seen.

I'll start you off :

£995 : All lower luxury levels without the CD features

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-VAUXHALL-CAV ... 563a66f4d3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VAUXHALL-CAV ... 2eab6a6787

£800: All lower luxury levels without the CD features

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-VAUXHALL-CAV ... 2305c86054

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-VAUXHALL-CAV ... 3a589f2702

£700 but with a smaller engine and lower spec

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Vauxhall-Ope ... 3a56b6411a

£700 with lower spec

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CAVALIER ... 45f00f45b0

and with less performance still £700

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-VAUXHALL-CAV ... 20ae800e9b

£1750 plus the ferry :

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1550603.htm

£650 but very unecconomical V6 which is why it's cheap

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1546015.htm

£2250 and this one actually sold

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1462633.htm

£1.55K

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1464560.htm

An 8V

For over a grand http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1537361.htm

a GLS auto 8V £600http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1548905.htm
£500 2.0 GLS
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

£900 for an auto with LOWER SPEC than yours in a dealers : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

£1000 for a 1.8 FFS IN A DEALERS http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

£1000 for a low powered low spec deisel and not even an auto But it is retail.

I've missed a few for sale, but basically you are looking for lower spec cars with higher mileage that are more expensive than you've been offered. If you can't justify £1200 as a starting point for negotiation then I'd be surprised.
CarriesGirl

Post by CarriesGirl »

WoW!!! Thank you. :thumb I am currently watching a couple of GSi's and LS's on 'bay and there is one which was registered in 1991 currently going for £2,500 (approx) , admittedly it is a GLS 16v with 82k miles!! I have posted a link in the e-bay links post. Also the ones I am watching are higher mileage and looking for £500+! So I can see your point and I shall use your links to batter insurance company!! lol :cheers

Feeling less like I am :wall now. :D Thank you all so much for your support. :) :)