PVS 2010 yay or nay

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

PVS 2010 yay or nay

Post by FoxyCav »

Ive been given the dubious task of trying to sort out a stand for the club this year. We need at least 10 cavs on the stand to justify it. Is thee ANYONE interested in going at all?????

Id like this sorted ASAP as its not that far away now and i'll need to get my skates on to secure a place. camping tickets will be available again, for those of us brave enough to stand the mud :roll:
Ive put this in general as no one looks in th events section :thumb

If your interested please put down the following details:

Name:
Cavalier driven:
How many tickets:
Camping required Y/N
how many days required

i'll start :mrgreen:

Name: Foxycav (Anita Richardson)
Cavalier driven: 2.0 16v hatchback
How many tickets: 1
Camping required: Y
How many days required: 2
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: PVS 2010 yay or nay

Post by Envoy CDX »

For those who need to know.

Location: Santa Pod Raceway - Airfield Road, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants NN29 7XA
Dates: 12th & 13th June
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I would have loved to come, as was really looking forward to it. But its a no goer at the moment. I'm skint as anything and I'm putting in Weekend night shifts to try and replace the money that was stole out of my account, pay debt and get the car thro its MOT. I'm hoping to do Total Vauxhall live in August tho. But again depends on how I sit with the bank then. If it wasn't so far away then I'd have gone, but its too much petrol from up here, and I dont have it spare at the moment. As @I need to get the brakes etc done first. The year is just going too fast.

Sorry to let you all down a second year running :tdown
C30XE
hugobond

Post by hugobond »

I have allready ordered my tickets through another forum but if you need a cav for the stand I may be able to take mine down as well as my calibra

Gray
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Name: Vauxtillidie (Chris Chambers)
How many tickets: 1
Camping required: Y
How many days required: 2

i know i dont have a cavalier to put on the stand but just registering interest for tickets altho i will be in the astra if its welcome on the stand
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

hugobond wrote:I have allready ordered my tickets through another forum but if you need a cav for the stand I may be able to take mine down as well as my calibra

Gray

that would be fantastic Gray if you dont mind, i really want a club stand this year :thumb

chris no worries i knew you'd be coming :thumb
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

HAIRIBO wrote:I would have loved to come, as was really looking forward to it. But its a no goer at the moment. I'm skint as anything and I'm putting in Weekend night shifts to try and replace the money that was stole out of my account, pay debt and get the car thro its MOT. I'm hoping to do Total Vauxhall live in August tho. But again depends on how I sit with the bank then. If it wasn't so far away then I'd have gone, but its too much petrol from up here, and I dont have it spare at the moment. As @I need to get the brakes etc done first. The year is just going too fast.

Sorry to let you all down a second year running :tdown
no worries dave i know its a hell of hike from up your end :thumb
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Thanks Anita, Hopefully I'll be in a better sitiuation next year and can take at least one of the cav's down. I'm just going to try my hardest to get one ready for TV live. Hope you manage to get a stand this year down PVS
C30XE
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

id love to but i cant do this year, besides the cavs a bit of a mess at the moment anyway! will be off to billing with the omega though so look forward to meeting up with some of you there.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Well this isnt looking promising :cry: why when we have more members now than the first year we went to PVs are we struggling to find Cavs for the stand??????
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Let me see what im working and will get back to you asap.

Im guessing the cars dont have to be pristine? mine has a few scuffs thanks to the white vans on the street and knob heads at work.
"Redefining success since 1981"
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

anita, is it worth sending a mass pm with a link to this thread? just a thought
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Not all cars at shows are show cars. People just light to look at cars. And a cavaliers are getting rare. So as long as its clean to show it off.

You could always go for the "RAT LOOK" :thumb
C30XE
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Can i just say as Dave mentioned, your Cavalier does NOT have to be pristine, mine certainly isnt, all we ask is its clean and washed on the actual day. :thumb There are facilities at the show but if i remember last time it was a damn nightmare so a lot of people brought huge bottles of tap water to throw in a bucket.

Please dont think your car has to be immaculate to be on the stand, i mean most of the Cavs now are well over 13 years old. So dont be worried about putting your Cav on the stand folks.

Chris, yeah i think a mass pm might be in order before people book with other clubs :thumb
marcia

Post by marcia »

I will be attending PVS this year,but don't know just yet if I can do both days or not.

Is it possible to inform the club over the weekend when I will know for sure.
William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Of course William, just let me know on here, you dont have to do the 2 days its not a problem, either day is fine hun :thumb :thumb
marcia

Post by marcia »

Don't have any camping equipment at the moment but what the hell....

NAME:Marcia (William Sommerville)
CAV. DRIVEN: 2.0 16v GLS Automatic
HOW MANY TICKETS: 1
CAMPING REQUIRED: Yes
HOW MANY DAYS: 2

Looking forward to the weekend already.

William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

can get a 1 man pop up tent from decathlon for 20quid! or a 2 man for 30
Squig

Post by Squig »

Unfortunately as discussed with Gaz we are a nay again this year... if I don't see a HUGE library of pics I will be sorely disapointed.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
C4V V6

Post by C4V V6 »

I will be at the show this year all being well as our lass is due 5week after!! Going with another club though! Not sure if were still taking bookings but thought i would put a link up for anyone who is wishing to go and doesn't want to miss out due to the 10car for a stand rule!!

http://www.club-vaux.com/showthread.php?t=4614
They say your middle name says alot about you
C4VSARCASM!V6
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

well it looks like yet again we haven't got enough cars to fill a stand, no wonder Gaz refused to do it this year. I cant honestly see us being at PVS for yet another year, it really does disappoint me when the club cant even muster 10 cars together, *sigh*
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Its a nay then?

Really gutted about this, we can manage to do mini meets with at least 5 cars, but we cant pull fingers out and get enough for a stand? come on people, we all have the same interest, OUR CARS, so what better way to show it than a stand at PVS?

Fair enough if your car is in bits, you already have plans, your skint for fuel money or your at the other end of the country, thats is understandable, but there is enough of us in the surrounding areas to warrant this.

Really disappointing.
"Redefining success since 1981"
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

I agree Carl, but short of blackmail what can we do :cry
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

you still going to go down? think me and dan are still gunna camp over
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Ask mr grumpy, he doesnt wanna go :roll: :roll: