Rolling Road Day

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

sparzzy

Re: Rolling Road Day

Post by sparzzy »

i am easy if it cant be april. i am at 2 local shows last 2 weekends of june. i also will be able to get a banner made i am owed a favour by one of the bussiness few doors up absolute promotions. i am also a member of lions international . and we have pop up or pole type gazeboes for our fund raising days. so i can use one of them .10 by 10 or 10 by 20. if one of you can let me know what and how the banner will look like i will sort it. tim.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Squig

Post by Squig »

how complicated can they print? i.e. could they do the cav in the banner on the sign or is that to complicated?
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

sparzzy wrote:i am easy if it cant be april. i am at 2 local shows last 2 weekends of june. i also will be able to get a banner made i am owed a favour by one of the bussiness few doors up absolute promotions. i am also a member of lions international . and we have pop up or pole type gazeboes for our fund raising days. so i can use one of them .10 by 10 or 10 by 20. if one of you can let me know what and how the banner will look like i will sort it. tim.
What a fantastic contribution mate, that would truly help us out 8-)
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Cavyman_130 wrote:
sparzzy wrote:i am easy if it cant be april. i am at 2 local shows last 2 weekends of june. i also will be able to get a banner made i am owed a favour by one of the bussiness few doors up absolute promotions. i am also a member of lions international . and we have pop up or pole type gazeboes for our fund raising days. so i can use one of them .10 by 10 or 10 by 20. if one of you can let me know what and how the banner will look like i will sort it. tim.
What a fantastic contribution mate, that would truly help us out 8-)
Ditto'd
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

re banner. i need to get hold of high resolution pic of the cav in the club heading. as they looked at the site and said it would not scale up to be copied. so not a problem having a copy of site header just need it how it was set up . assume gaz done it. so can you sent it some how . pm me to sort it. tim also do i take it the rr session in april is now canceled.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

tim can you see what image type he needs id assume they would need a png or some sort of quality losless image

i'll knock up somthing up, if someone else wants to make a banner version we can put it to the vote?

It looks like its been put on hold for now, its not cancelled just posponed
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

Gaz wrote:tim can you see what image type he needs id assume they would need a png or some sort of quality losless image

i'll knock up somthing up, if someone else wants to make a banner version we can put it to the vote?

It looks like its been put on hold for now, its not cancelled just posponed
answer is yes gaz. thanks tim
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

The RR is postponed until we get more members on the list (looking promising for after PVS)

I want the Club to be featured in TV's RR section and ideally we could do with about 15-20 Cavs.

Dont worry folks this WILL go ahead, just PVS is taking a bit of a front seat at the minute :mrgreen:
cav-v6-24v

Post by cav-v6-24v »

well im defently in for the action and it is far for me but hey it would be a good day out and get in tv so you can tressure that mag for the rest of your life lol
do you know on the price for the rr session or is it just big disscount and we pay certain amount cheers
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

If we get enough members mat, should be around £20 :mrgreen:

this is deffo still going ahead peeps so if you no anyone who wants to put there cars on please let me no ( doesnt have to be only Cav, just Vauxhalls only please) :mrgreen:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well, dont know which cav i will be having soon, but Im up for it please, and can take better half too with her non-Cav vaux :mrgreen:
L reg Cav V6 in Lagoon Blue - will be kept and turned back to shape!
L reg Frontera 2.0i 8v in Flame Red - weekend Green Laning toy..

ɯnɹoɟ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ɯoɹɟ slɥʇ ǝloʇs l
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Good man Paul :mrgreen:
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

im not going to promise anything but im now interested, ill see what i can do after Pvs :D
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

No worries hun, just dont want it full of Gaz's vectra mates :lol: :lol: :lol:
cav-v6-24v

Post by cav-v6-24v »

well i was disapointed to see vectras on cavaliers rolling road day and even a few astras i mean ok sure its for vauxhalls in genreal but surely a cav should be the main car at a cav website rr day!!
Squig

Post by Squig »

Without wanting to stick my neck out, I think priority will be given to cavmk3oc members before mates and so on

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

i am extremely interested in a RR day. I would love to wack my V6 on it, and see what she chucks out.

put me down. i have finished my A-levels now, so im extremely flexible with dates & times too.

if my mate has passed his driving test by then, and his cav is road legal then, then i will get him to come with me and bring his cav (which is my old cavalier, a 1990 H-reg cavalier 1.8 GL carb saloon), and he's the lad im bringing with me to PVS too. he would come with me anyway to the RR day.

would be brilliant if you could get a Total Vaux feature on their RR section aswell! that would help the club no end, and be good for current club members to get their motors in the mag!

i just need a few weeks notice for this, so that i can save up some money for petrol etc, as bolton is 175miles, and 3 and a half hours of driving from me each way, and in a V6, would cost a fair amount to do. might be able to combine it with collection/delivery of something ive bought/sold on ebay.

but like i say, im definately interested in a RR day!

Dave.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Right, this is now going to be OUR next CLUB event. we should get enough Cavalier mk3's to justify a proper feature in Total Vauxhall. Can we now please have an Updated list ASAP and get this show on the road :mrgreen:
Squig

Post by Squig »

Squig and Emma - V6 CDX Hatch

Bring on the Rolling Road! When are we thinking because I really want to do VBOA, and I need some new alloys, mine are knackered :(

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Envoy CDX - 1.8LS - providing its not in the next 4 weeks.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Hairibo - Steinmetz(ish) 3.0v6 Saloon

Reet Where are we having this RR day? I'll be there as long as i have prior notice to the date. Also as long as i can squeez another 450miles in before this date hopefully I'll go on the road. Not taking it on with less than 1000miles, but i'll attend anyways just to see you lot again. Tho to be honest I hope to have the remap done on may car buy the end of July at the latest. As I plan on taking the car on many many weekend trips out. I've spend the time and money, I now want to enjoy her :-)

And yeah it would be nice to get purely cavs on the rollers.

I'd better start looking for a decent airfilter and cold air feed ;)
C30XE
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

Hairibo - Steinmetz(ish) 3.0v6 Saloon

cav_2.0_gli - V6 CDX Hatch avec 3 litre cams. Mike might have my old cavalier 1.8 gl carb with a webber carb on it, providing he's passed his test and the cav passed her test aswell.

any idea when and where the RR day will be? as i need to save some money up lol. August maybe the best time for me, as if im going VBOA, il end up spending all my money on that lol, as im sure il find bits i want there. plus michael wants a pair of drivers side doors for his cav (after some twats tried to break into her), and a bonnet i think, which will be interesting to fit in my cav, think il have to gaffa tape it to my roof! but i am completely flexible with times and dates etc. also, if it is in August, Mike will have his cav on the road by then, so that would be another cav for the day.

Dave
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Just noticed that Young Dave's Reg number looks like "Wank" :lol: thought i'd be childish and point that one out. Hope Mikes Gsi repilica's reg is a bit less offensive.

We have to do this in August! cos then we'd get a 1.8 on carbs! Thats got to be a first! And plus it will give everyone ample time to save up and get there cars sorted and running properly. and hopefully people wont drop out and or sell there car with in days of the meet! Gutted I didn't see that Lagoon blue hatch :cry:
C30XE
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

ha ha brilliant

well as always I would be up for this, dont expect to see huge figures on the 8v but hey ho :lol: where about will this be?
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Cavyman_130 wrote:ha ha brilliant

well as always I would be up for this, dont expect to see huge figures on the 8v but hey ho :lol: where about will this be?
hoping for 110+ from mine.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index