Rolling Road Day

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

cav_2.0_gli

Re: Rolling Road Day

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

HAIRIBO wrote:Just noticed that Young Dave's Reg number looks like "Wank" :lol: thought i'd be childish and point that one out. Hope Mikes Gsi repilica's reg is a bit less offensive.

We have to do this in August! cos then we'd get a 1.8 on carbs! Thats got to be a first! And plus it will give everyone ample time to save up and get there cars sorted and running properly. and hopefully people wont drop out and or sell there car with in days of the meet! Gutted I didn't see that Lagoon blue hatch :cry:
haha, thats what Mike calls me car ' Wank', as i normally call the car but making a name from the last 3 letters of the cars reg, like my first car, and Mikes cav, the last 3 letters are YYE, so i called her Yolande.

yer, Mikes cav is a 1990 H-reg cavalier 1.8 GL, with a webber carb on it, and i ported + polished the head and inlet manifold on it. my god that thing flew when i had her still. miss that old tank. i only sold her coz i had put 3 sodding pierburg carbs on her, and the chokes packed up on all of them, so she was a nightmare to start when the engine had warmed up, and because i was doing a lot of travelling, i had to get a more reliable car. i spent 3 months trying to find a webber carb for it, and 2 weeks after i sold it to Mike, 4 of the damm things were on ebay, all brand new, all for 1.8 cavs, and all for around £30. sods law as they call it. so Mike bought one, and fitted it, and now she runs sweet as a nut and starts first time very quickly.

heres some pics of Mikes cav when i used to have her:

and then i fitted a GSI bodykit to her:

sadly she's in abit of sorry state atm, mainly due to some local ******'s breaking in her, and trying to her, then bent the crap out both of the drivers side doors, and snapped the steering wheel off!.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

just found some pics of what she looks like now:

Mike's added some Venom alloys, and a lip spoiler:

the steering wheel pictured is just a temp one, while he gets the steering coloum etc sorted out, and gets a GSI wheel for her.

still got quite abit of work to do to her. she needs a new bonnet, and both drivers side doors ideally, and the steering coloum needs sorting out. then the car needs MOT'in (cant see any work she needs), and tax'in etc. and Mike needs to pass his driving test (learning atm), so hopefully by end of July, the cav will be ready.

before the show, Mike was on about leaving her off the road for a year, and getting a corsa, as she needs too much work, after having been to the show, he wants to get her on the road asap, and do her up properly!

as for my cav, Aug would be good for me too, think im gona get a F20 for it, lightened flywheel and new clutch kit for it, and fit my ECU superchip aswell, and then give the car a good service, and probably do a few other things to get more grunt out of the engine.

so i have all of to thank for saving my old cav from rotting away!!!!
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

My god what on earth is that steering wheel off! Hope the designer is ashamed of him self and style has sleepless nights about what a horriblr horrible wheel he desingned. The car looks sweet, tho I'd stick a set of SRi springs on it at least, as at the moment it sits too high for the wheels. Isn't that engine a 1.8i as i thought the crab models dont have that standard airbox. And just to ask onec again, where will this RR-day be? that one in cheshire?
C30XE
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

HAIRIBO wrote:My god what on earth is that steering wheel off! Hope the designer is ashamed of him self and style has sleepless nights about what a horriblr horrible wheel he desingned. The car looks sweet, tho I'd stick a set of SRi springs on it at least, as at the moment it sits too high for the wheels. Isn't that engine a 1.8i as i thought the crab models dont have that standard airbox. And just to ask onec again, where will this RR-day be? that one in cheshire?
i know, that steering wheel beyond ghastly. its off a mk3 astra i broke for spares a while back.
thats exactly what i thought she was when i bought her last may, that she was a 1.8 SPI, but no, shes a carb, and by the looks of the other 1.8 carb cavs i can find on ebay, thats how they came. Mike wants to lower his cav i think.

yer same, when and where will this RR day be?
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

ya hooooooooooooooo a white Cav lol, dont think we've had one by a regular member since Rich sold his SRi :lol:

get that Cav sorted mike :P I wanna see it in the flesh. :mrgreen:

what date in August we looking at folks??? (too lazy to scroll back :lol: ) is the end of August ok?? gives me time to pm everyone again
i'll need to contact Total vaux mag, and re-contact everyone by pm to see if there still interested in attending :mrgreen:

Squig and Emma - V6 CDX Hatch
Envoy CDX - 1.8LS - providing its not in the next 4 weeks.
Hairibo - Steinmetz(ish) 3.0v6 Saloon
cav_2.0_gli - V6 CDX Hatch avec 3 litre cams. Mike might have my old cavalier 1.8 gl carb with a webber carb on it, providing he's passed his test and the cav passed her test aswell.
Foxycav -2.0.16v Ecotec (as long as it wont blow up :lol: :lol: )
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

FoxyCav wrote:ya hooooooooooooooo a white Cav lol, dont think we've had one by a regular member since Rich sold his SRi :lol:

get that Cav sorted mike :P I wanna see it in the flesh. :mrgreen:

what date in August we looking at folks??? (too lazy to scroll back :lol: ) is the end of August ok?? gives me time to pm everyone again
i'll need to contact Total vaux mag, and re-contact everyone by pm to see if there still interested in attending :mrgreen:

cav_2.0_gli - V6 CDX Hatch avec 3 litre cams. Mike might have my old cavalier 1.8 gl carb with a webber carb on it, providing he's passed his test and the cav passed her test aswell.

well thats 6 cavaliers so far!
how many cavs do you need roughly?

hopefully some more people will put their names down for it.

ive got a few mates who are well into their vauxhalls (and had theres all on show at PVS), think they are 2 mk1 astra's iirc, but they change their cars regually lol, had a vectra gsi last time i spoke to him, so if you need to get the numbers higher, im sure that my mates would be up for it.

but would be great to get an all cav turn out from club members

Dave
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

I think the general idea for this is to have an all mk3 Cavalier turn out to promote the forum in Total Vauxhall - get some publicity and hopefully some new members.
:mrgreen:

Could someone confirm this for me?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Yes matey, its Hopefully going to be a all Mk3 cav show down between the club members To promote the club in TV mag, as a bit of fun, and as our clubs 2nd official meet.
C30XE
Squig

Post by Squig »

and we shall egg the "garage" next door on account that that is the place that screwed my bodywork up!
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I would be funny if tha garage owner came out looked at Squig's car and said "Yeah I did a great job on that!"
C30XE
Squig

Post by Squig »

then I'd feel obliged to point out that the "good" job he did doesn't exist any more on account it's all being re-done, due to his "good" work is crap... and potentially dangerous.

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Squig wrote:then I'd feel obliged to point out that the "good" job he did doesn't exist any more on account it's all being re-done, due to his "good" work is crap... and potentially dangerous.

You really love him dont you!
C30XE
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Envoy CDX wrote:I think the general idea for this is to have an all mk3 Cavalier turn out to promote the forum in Total Vauxhall - get some publicity and hopefully some new members.
:mrgreen:

Could someone confirm this for me?
yup spot on, i really want it to be ONLY Cavalier mk3's.ooooooops dave got there and answered it for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Squig

Post by Squig »

HAIRIBO wrote:
Squig wrote:then I'd feel obliged to point out that the "good" job he did doesn't exist any more on account it's all being re-done, due to his "good" work is crap... and potentially dangerous.

You really love him dont you!
I love him so much I want to bury an axe in his face! :twisted:

Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

nice and subtle :lol:
Squig

Post by Squig »

Cavyman_130 wrote:nice and subtle :lol:
thats me :D
subtle as a half brick to his face!... I really don't like him... but if he'd crushed you fuel lines and replaced them with old semi perished 10mm fuel hose (miles to big, btw) and caused you to urinate fuel over the bottom of your cav (about 30 miles worth of fuel) 30 cm away from a nice hot exhaust, I think you may feel like burning his garage to the ground... don't get me wrong I know I'm bitching here but I gave him £100 for the pleasure of having to redo everything!

and I can't do anything about it as his wife is an aquaintance with my house mates wife... this wouldn't be a problem but Carrie's in the early part of her first pregancy and I don't want this idiot's missus calling and stressing her out.

Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

what a cock head! that is bad work likes.
branny361

Post by branny361 »

May well go to this to see what my engine is running like

[quote what date in August we looking at folks??? (too lazy to scroll back :lol: ) is the end of August ok?? gives me time to pm everyone again
[/quote]

branny361 2.0 XE CDX
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
GSi CavBoy

Post by GSi CavBoy »

daaaave when i get a difo steering wheel can i burn this one because i get in the car and just sit there telling it

its ugly lol
Squig

Post by Squig »

Going to relight this fire when are we doing this cause I REALLY want to find out what I'm running... Fri 22nd Aug sound ok?

Really want as many people as possible...

Foxycav -2.0.16v Ecotec (as long as it wont blow up )
branny361 2.0 XE CDX

Thats 6 again... (sorry mike as soon as you pass your test PM me and I'll change the numbers)

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

squig you wanna do a new thread as this one is a bit long
Squig

Post by Squig »

can do, do you want to remove this one as a sticky and restick the next one...?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

yea will do.

See the new thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1138