Just got a ticket

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

Just got a ticket

Post by FoxyCav »

and i'm bloody livid :evil:
woke up this morning to find that the police had put a fixed penalty ticket on my Cav. It was for my number plates, not been standard. Now i'm not complaining about that as i know they arent standard and you take your chances (they are readable unlike some i've seen)

No the reason i'm so mad is that the ticket was issued outside my house at 1.20am!!!!!!!!!! Havent they got any bloody criminals to catch????? Ive changed them over now cos knowing those sneaky bastards they'll come back and re-ticket it. Never mind the moron over the road is driving around with NO TAX. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry i had to have a rant, as theyve been on my car for 3 years with no problems whatsoever, and if they had pulled me over to tell me then fair enough, BUT noooooooooo outside my house in the middle of the soddin night :evil: :evil:

i'm off for a cup of tea to try and calm down :evil: :evil:
k1ngy

Re: Just got a ticket

Post by k1ngy »

there has been a purge on in our area on people with aftermarkeet plates, i think as long as your plates are readable then they shouldn't be able to fine you for them.
as for slapping a ticket on your car that late at night......why wernt they out catching crooks, surely the crime rate hasn't dropped that much that they have to resort to penalising people for number plates.

your neighbours car can be reported here :D

http://dvla.gov.uk/onlineservices/repor ... spx?ext=dg
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

i didnt think they could do that, sneaky wee sh*ts, bout time they went out and did something useful instead of targeting motorists.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

neither did i Craig. friend of mine got pulled over at the side of the road for the same thing and all they asked him to do was change them over. i'm bloody fuming tbh, can only assume they've been told to go out and get some fine money in. Wouldnt have bothered me as much if it wasn't at 1.20 am!!! No wonder the average motorist can't stand the police, i'm beginning to feel that way myself :evil:

i've wrote a nice snotty letter to go in with payment of the fine, something with regards to haven't you got anything better to do at 1.20 in the morning and mentioning the idiot with no tax over the road. Not that it'll make a jot of difference, they just want the money :roll:
Rich P

Post by Rich P »

i would complain if i were you,they should have given you the chance to change them first as other people are having this chance
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

im pretty sure they cant do anything without consulting you first regarding it, fair enough a ticket if you are present at the car but if the owner isnt there? id have a look into that one anita.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

I've never heard of anyone being ticketed at 1.20 in the morning outside there own house either.
Anyone got any idea who or where to go regarding finding out whether the police can do that, without even giving them the chance to swop them back. My original plates where in the boot of my car so it wouldnt have been a problem to change them if i'd been bloody consulted first :evil:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

not sure who you could contact anita, must be someone though?
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Just been on the plods website, looks like it doesnt bloody matter when they do it, so guess i'll have to pay it :roll: :evil: :evil:
Oh and whilst looking out the window last night seen a fooking cop car outside, bastards where probably coming back to re-ticket the Cav. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Go do some proper work you lazy t*ats :twisted:

On a brighter note i have just reported my neighbour with no tax :lol: :lol:

I am going to get a nice set of plates though as the reason i took the originals off was theyre all battered and aweful. Will make sure they are all spaced correctly just so the sneaky bastards cant give me another ticket :lol: :mrgreen:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

they are sneaky shits likes, but good on you reporting the guy across the street :lol:
branny361

Post by branny361 »

contest the ticket, the car wasnt being used and as the plates were only temporary until you had new ones made ... better to have a reg plate than leaving the car with none :roll:
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

From what i've heard Mark, it's a waste of time contesting it. Spoke to a lad i know last night, his mate contested a ticket and ended up forking out £400 by the time he'd gone to court, and in the end he didnt win :shock: :evil: