Wow - JUST WOW

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

carlos_canter

Wow - JUST WOW

Post by carlos_canter »

So missus was off for a scan this morning, the doppler to be precise, this measures what baby is getting from mum. Unfortunatley, I didnt get to sleep till 5 am and missed the chance as the missus also got up late!

Any way, 1o'clock and she is admitted because they werent happy, shes been in and out as the little one and her was misbehaving, mainly mums blood pressure, but as soon as there in hospital for a couple of hours, everything is fine and dandy, so I thought today was no different.

HOW WRONG WAS I

There was talk at around 7 oclock of the baby getting delivered in the next 2 weeks as he was showing signs of stress and not enough nutrients feeding him.
Thought 2 weeks aint bad and we can prepare for that, no problem.

Then the plan changed, we were going to be transfered to wythenshawe hospital which supposedly has the best baby unit in europe(dont quote me on that), then decided baby would be delivered TONIGHT.

My arse fell out.

Wandering around trying to sort things out, work had to be told, had to ring a mate to come get house keys, feed cat and come back, get anything missus needed and magic a pack of fags to calm me down!

Any who, I was with missus while she had surgery(C-section) as she was concious and bricking it(so was I!), 20 minutes later at 20:57 weighing 2lb 1oz George arrived:

He wasnt due till end of jan and is 28 weeks, both him and mum are doing fine although she will be sore for the next few days.
He has a little bit of fluid on his lungs and there a little small, as to be expected, but he has made great progress so far although in a few days he will begin to get tired. He has the pipe for oxygen, but so far isnt needing it.

Im absolutley over the moon but petrified at the same time!
"Redefining success since 1981"
Peanut_119

Re: Wow - JUST WOW

Post by Peanut_119 »

such a shame being soo small but a massive congrats pal! and hope all is fine!!
linley85

Post by linley85 »

congrats mate remember stock up on fags and energy drink thats what kept me calm
and again congrats
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Congratulations, its amazing how small he is.
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

Oh congratulations - he is lovely!! :wave
" LS was MORE!! "
planetc

Post by planetc »

Shocked! I wasn't expecting that yet! Congratulations fella, I hope George doesn't have it too tough over the coming days. I was born 2 months premature 40 odd years ago....I'm sure with today's technology it's even less of a problem than it was then. Wish your missus all the best from me too, and tell her well done!

Remember to get a picture of a Cavalier hanging up above his cot, get the image imprinted in his mind early, lol.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

wow, congratulations on the new arrival, even if he was a little unexpected! hoping you have a calm and pleasant few weeks while the little fella gets to grips with his surroundings :)
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Wow hes tiny! Congratulations :D
marcia

Post by marcia »

Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of wee George, wow.
William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hey congrats mate!

One of my friends recently was in the same situation with a kid being born much earlier than expected, but I am glad to say she is now doing well despite the need for some extra care.

Best wishes 2 you and the Mrs
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Squig

Post by Squig »

Congratulations fella!
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Thanks Everyone!

To be expected he is quite poorly and is needing a bit of help with various drips and machines, currently on a ventilator and has had a blood transfusion and lumbar puncture to releave pressure on his lungs he also gets quite grumpy at times(to be expected!).

Babs is home tonight although George is still in hospital and will be for a while, she is finding it quite an emotional rollercoaster as am I. We both need to rest and get our energy levels back so we can look after him, no good having 2 burnt out parents but breaks our hearts being away.

After the puncture his O2 levels have improved as well as his blood gas levels and the doctors are pleased with his progress and very re assuring, the nurses are fantastic aswell despite him peeing on them quite often.

Am sure it goes without saying, and I dont like asking, but we both would appreciate it if everyone could put him in your prayers(if you are religous) or even just think about him once or twice, am sure plenty more good vibes will help him.

Will try and keep this post updated, if no one objects, but bear with us as sometimes its difficult to put things into words with out blubbing like a big girls blouse.

Once again, many thanks.
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Congratulations to you both, hope all is well
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Well this time last week the docs were concerned for George and we had to go through some not very nice options.

Fortunatley since then he has steadily been on the up, with no need for any choices being made, he made his own!

Saturday he had a cuddle with mum, then same with me on Sunday, Monday he decided to block his ventilator so the docs removed it and gave him the "snorkel" that sits on his nose again, seems to be holding up well on that and everything holding steady.

Last night he got put down mums top for some skin to skin contact and he happily snoozed for around an hour and a half.

He definatley holding his own!
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

Congrats bud enjoy the time, cause soon enough you have prize him off the x-box just do something,
Coming from someone knows one day they are gooing and aaning, next they are kicking your a"£e on modern warfare 2
on split screen
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

Nice one - my niece was just the same... enjoy ;)
" LS was MORE!! "
cavy130sri

Post by cavy130sri »

congrats on ur new arrival mate, same to ur mrs. I'm not religious but I'll say a little prayer for little George and keep him in my thoughts. I reckon he will pull through and be OK.

Best of luck.
I now have an ebook, of my own creation, to download to your ereader. ipad, iphone, ipod touch and the kindle. check out my website at http://www.charlesfbond.com for more details.
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

cavy130sri wrote:congrats on ur new arrival mate, same to ur mrs. I'm not religious but I'll say a little prayer for little George and keep him in my thoughts. I reckon he will pull through and be OK.

Best of luck.
Thanks, to be honest, Im not 100% religous either, but in times of desperation its amazing what you will do or ask for help.

I had him on me tonight, underneath my fleece, didnt think he liked my hairy chest that much though, but was amazing to sit with him while he snoozed away quite happily!

Also got a pic of him with my 1:87 Cavalier model, had to place it on top of him, but will give it a wipe and maybe get him to hold it and snap a pic!
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

He's so small! Congratulations to you and your wife, I hope you manage to relax a bit now and that George grow from strength to strength. All the best.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
jazzfunkster

Post by jazzfunkster »

What a lovely picture, congratuations to you and your wife on the birth of son George, these are moments to savour and a experience you will remember for the rest of your life. :)
Rage

Post by Rage »

Congrats. I've been through much the same with both of mine just without the early birth situation i know how hard and emotional it is but hang in there everything will go fine eventually
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Cavalier-C20LET

Post by Cavalier-C20LET »

congrats man

glad he is doing well, amazing how tiny he is,

my old boss had his little boy and was less than a bag of sugar , amazing really

enjoy fatherhood mate theres nothing like it :pram :cheers
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

concrats mate :thumb :cool
VauxhallGirl

Post by VauxhallGirl »

Congratulations on the arrival of wee George. He really is tiny! But these days they can do wonders, and these premature babies soon catch up once they get over the shock of birth.

Will send up healing thoughts for his continued progress. Keep us posted. :)
carl dineley

Post by carl dineley »

awwww how is he now mate hope all is good