REMEMBER DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Peanut_119

REMEMBER DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!

Post by Peanut_119 »

Saw this on another forum and thought its worth to share it

Link

Pretty well put together..................

Don't do it
mr v6

Re: REMEMBER DONT DRIVE AND DRIVE!

Post by mr v6 »

harsh reminder of how lethal cars are if not driven correctly and safetly,no point pushing your luck and definetlly dont drink and drive.
reckon that would be deemed a bit harsh for british tely myself!aussies dont mess about!
Squig

Post by Squig »

mr v6 wrote:harsh reminder of how lethal cars are if not driven correctly and safetly,no point pushing your luck and definetlly dont drink and drive.
reckon that would be deemed a bit harsh for british tely myself!aussies dont mess about!
Just watched that and personally think it would be perfect for broadcast... that gave me the chills and it's possible something that shocking might just make someone think twice, just broadcast the ad after 9pm.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

I saw a sick (Swedish I think) drink drive campaign, was a series of pictures of a drunk guy who had ran into the back of a flatbed beaver tailed transit- the back of the bed was at head level... Diagonally from the top of his left ear to the bottom right of his jaw was sliced clean off and was on the floor. They were the pictures from the RTA investigation team, and believe me, it was extremely graphic...
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

Squig wrote:
mr v6 wrote:harsh reminder of how lethal cars are if not driven correctly and safetly,no point pushing your luck and definetlly dont drink and drive.
Just watched that and personally think it would be perfect for broadcast... that gave me the chills and it's possible something that shocking might just make someone think twice, just broadcast the ad after 9pm.
also gave me the chills.. agreed stick this on after 9 even if it slows one driver down or makes someone think twice before driving after a drink its worth it

Drive safe everyone
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

That advert should do the job.

Although theres no way this soft arse country is gonna show that on tv!

TBH i don't see why anyone has a need to drink and drive, its just one of them things you should know that you just dont do it, full stop! No excuses for it really, and for anyone that does do it they deserve to crash into a tree just so long as they dont injure anyone else in the process.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Reminds me a of a story, a lad i used to go to school with was driving home hammered and took out a parked car on a corner, drove home and went to bed, half hour later there was a knock on the door.
It was the police he had left his front bumper behind with the numberplate on.....
steven240374

Post by steven240374 »

It needs something like that to shock them into thinking its more worthwhile to get a taxi home and be safe.But i don't think it will ever see british tv.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

steven240374 wrote:It needs something like that to shock them into thinking its more worthwhile to get a taxi home and be safe.But i don't think it will ever see british tv.
If British TV actually makes people suffer at watching crap like x f**tor and other crap, then they should show that to kick some sense into people. It's not worth the risk.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
planetc

Re: Re: REMEMBER DONT DRIVE AND DRIVE!

Post by planetc »

Gaz wrote:Reminds me a of a story, a lad i used to go to school with was driving home hammered and took out a parked car on a corner, drove home and went to bed, half hour later there was a knock on the door.
It was the police he had left his front bumper behind with the numberplate on.....
I have a cousin that did the same, silly fecker.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

About time they put it on our tv screens - made me shiver
" LS was MORE!! "
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

A friend of mine lost his life a couple years back on his 50th birthday to his family had planned a surprise party for when he got home unfortunately he didn't make it back :cry hit his wife an 2 son's really bad!

He was a courier driver had a transit an because of an idiot jacked up on anphetamin an canabis driving a cattle wagon collided head on, the pictures of his van are horrific it ripped it apart like it was cheese!!!

Frightening stuff
[center]Image
[/center]
mr v6

Post by mr v6 »

think the point here is it definetly should be shown on british tely as it makes you think and makes the hairs on your back go up with the thought of what happens when things go badly wrong,but it just wont get shown cos there to scared of offending people here, and alot of people here get easily offended(jeremy clarksons recent opinions for example)
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Couldn't agree more the goverments to busy pussy footing around people worried about being offensive all the time they should grow a back bone and start standing up to people! I don't get thou how they will put things on films/programmes now during the day that aren't that suitable for kids that they will possibly see yet they won't show this its a joke!
[center]Image
[/center]
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I agree that they should show this over here....

BUT

Pi55 Cans will always drink and drive...

I knew an arse a few years ago, who must have written off loads of Audi's... (he always drove Audi 80's), and then would phone the police to say his car had been stolen..

No amount of court appearances or jail stopped him from drink driving...

Not seen him for several years after he got sacked and imprisoned for embezzaling funds.

The point being - just like speed cameras and speed bumps - it only really limits / stops those who give a toss anyway.

Sorry if I am cynical, but I have met too many arses to be told different.... :wall
Peanut_119

Post by Peanut_119 »

i kinda agree. as i used to mate with a lad hu ended up killing a girl due to drink driving, and he was one of them, "o you would never catch me drink driving" tbh he is a decent bloke, but that one night changed everything and now he is serving time in jail.

i agrees with the zero tolerance. had a drink no driving... no if no buts... too many lifes are lost due to it,

but as the saying goes you can't tell people that don't want to be told!

i'm just tryin to put another message/reminder across to everyone else, its the innocent people that i feel sorry for coz the drunk driver always lives!!

BE SAFE PEOPLE AND ENJOY THE XMAS AND NEW YEAR!!! :D
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Peanut_119 wrote:i kinda agree. as i used to mate with a lad hu ended up killing a girl due to drink driving, and he was one of them, "o you would never catch me drink driving" tbh he is a decent bloke, but that one night changed everything and now he is serving time in jail.

i agrees with the zero tolerance. had a drink no driving... no if no buts... too many lifes are lost due to it,

but as the saying goes you can't tell people that don't want to be told!

i'm just tryin to put another message/reminder across to everyone else, its the innocent people that i feel sorry for coz the drunk driver always lives!!

BE SAFE PEOPLE AND ENJOY THE XMAS AND NEW YEAR!!! :D

Pretty much spot on there...
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
VauxhallGirl

Re: REMEMBER DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!

Post by VauxhallGirl »

That was horrible....am going to post it on my Facebook. If they won't show it on TV, this is another way of getting it circulated.
cavboy180

Re: REMEMBER DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!

Post by cavboy180 »

Like your style :thumb :wave
" LS was MORE!! "