cdx bosch keyfob query

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

humbucker
Club Admin

cdx bosch keyfob query

Post by humbucker »

got the cav but only have one keyfob for immobiliser. its the standard fit, and its a bosch rk113 unit, same as in pic below.
these keyfobs were also used on ford models, probes and the like, but the model was rk112 there. they look identical in every way and i wondered if one can be used/programmed to work alongside the other on the cdx? maybe the model number just referred to manufacturer of the vehicle?

you advice greatly appreciated

Gaz

Re: cdx bosch keyfob query

Post by Gaz »

the answer is probably, its one of those things that are probably going to be more effort than they are worth
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

the problem is that i dont seem able to turn off the immobiliser with the key alone. its the standard bosch fit, but unless im missing some trick or another i can only turn off the immobiliser with the key fob :( is there another way of switching it off?
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Unfortunately that'll be an after market kit most likely and won't have anything to do with the key at all.
Only thing you can do is contact the kit's manufacturer and give them the serial number and see if they can get the fob coded for you that way.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Envoy CDX wrote:Unfortunately that'll be an after market kit most likely and won't have anything to do with the key at all.
Only thing you can do is contact the kit's manufacturer and give them the serial number and see if they can get the fob coded for you that way.
this bosch unit was fitted to cav cdx's '94 / '95 and then the key with buttons was introduced. sadly it means that the fob and key are separate on the models from this 12 month period. it was a factory option as far as i know, not fitted after sale, but made way for a different type of immobiliser from 95 onwards, hence keyfobs being quite rare.

i read elsewhere that the identical ford probe ones cant be programmed to be used with the cav and vice versa which sucks cos there are quite a few probe ones floating about and no cav ones! if i lose my immobiliser fob (or the battery runs out) i'm stuffed!!! i think there's another way of turning it off with the key alone, i think i'll have to dig a bit deeper...
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

post up the details from the other forum and we'll see if we can help? :mrgreen:
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ok so i've been doing some investigation and heres the upshot; you cant start the car without immobiliser fob unless you bypass immobiliser. however, there IS a way of adding new keyfob and pairing it the existing one quite easily:

This is for the CDX model

You must have at least one working fob. A maximum of four fobs may exist for one vehicle

1. Alarm Imobiliser
2. Press button of existing immobiliser , immobiliser disarmed

Note: Steps 3 - 6 must be performed within 30 seconds

3. Ignition ON, LED illuminates for 5 seconds then extinguishes
4. Actuate horn and hold down until step 6 has been reached
5. Ignition OFF-ON-OFF
6. Release horn, actuate,release. LED flashes slowly

Note: Step 7 must be performed within 60 seconds

7. Press button on new fob, LED flashes rapidly
8. Ignition ON