1990 gsi alarm

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

beermonsterblack

1990 gsi alarm

Post by beermonsterblack »

the standared Vaux alarm has never worked correctly so can I just remove the alarm ecu and fit an aftermarket alarm
Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: 1990 gsi alarm

Post by iangsi »

I think you can just unplug it & then you can splice into the cabling where needed or just install new.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I think you are right.

Just check for any wires that look like they have been cut into.

All later alarms and immobilisers are usually cut into the wiring in the passenger foot well near the big X6 connector.
beermonsterblack

its a factory fit with the big yellow plug behind the glove box I have no chip in the key so assume its alarm only I belive its dead as I try to code read it and the red led just freezes
Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

On my 91 GSI the alarm sets when you use the key to deadlock the car. No chips in the keys for immobiliser, works of the alarm ecu. My 90 car has no factory alarm.
beermonsterblack

its just getting replaced with a modern aftermarket system at least then it will be remote central locking