Electric window battery control

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

OPCed

Electric window battery control

Post by OPCed »

Well all I am in early stages of stripping down whats left of my GSi 4x4 for the restomodification :mrgreen:

Now car is in bit of hazard and nothing working electrically as parts have been stripped prior to me purchasing car and I need to remove the electric windows from doors.

So can anyone able to poit out what colour wires do what on the motor connection so I can bring windows down using the OPC battery if its possible. i.e Brown - earth, blue - up, green - down

Or

Is there such a thing as a manual over ride so can bring motor down with out power.

Liked to get the car down to bare shell and get it soda blasted for rot inspection before end of summer.

Cheers
DRIVE A Toyota!!!!!! - that's social suicide!!!!
Sevs13

Re: Electric window battery control

Post by Sevs13 »

I've just had same problem with my parts cav I just took the door card of stuck my hand in door with a screw driver and popped the white clips off the bottom of the window glass twisted and slid it out the top I didn't need power .steven
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

This thread gives the door connector pin outs and the colours and functions for the wires.

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=6535
OPCed

Post by OPCed »

Superb stuff cheers lads.

I'd like to get it down just in case there is future issue when putting back together.

Cheers
DRIVE A Toyota!!!!!! - that's social suicide!!!!