Electric windows

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

Electric windows

Post by FoxyCav »

Didnt know what title to use for this but here goes.

the lights on the electric window buttons used to work fine (so i could see the orange glow in the night and no where the ruddy things where blah blah)
However me being a fussy sod, i asked Gaz to change them for Blue led ones (bought a whole unit with blue bulbs already in).
Decided to change them back because they didnt work, put the old ones back in and now the bloody things wont work at all :cry: :cry:

the electric windows work ok...ish (but i used to be able to close the window for a few seconds after the ignition was off, now they wont do that (hope this makes sense)

Gaz lost patience after a few attempts at making them work again, so has anyone any idea why they now wont come on and why the window wont go up , when it used to before, its only niggly but its annoying :roll: :roll:
Rich P

Re: Electric windows

Post by Rich P »

i had this problem not so long ago.i had a few attempts at it but found the plugs were not engaging the socket properly.i removed the block or bracket that holds the plugs and manually connected the plugs myself.but even then it took me a few attempts to allign the pins correctly
Drives a 1989 Mk3 cav sri 2.0 8v SEH
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

cheers for that Rich, have to get it sorted when the weather gets bit better :mrgreen:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

FoxyCav wrote:cheers for that Rich, have to get it sorted when the weather gets bit better :mrgreen:
If you don't manage it, remind me when I finally get round to sorting your side mirrors and I'll have a peek.
Do they come on when the doors open per chance??
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

i had a simular problem when i changed mine on my Expression after i done a rear elecy window conversion, turned out to be the control unit thingy clipped on the bottom of the centre window switches

i took the controller thingy from the old 2 switch unit and soldered it to the 4 switch unit which sorted the problem

I hope you know the bit i mean :lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

dave's.cavy wrote:i had a simular problem when i changed mine on my Expression after i done a rear elecy window conversion, turned out to be the control unit thingy clipped on the bottom of the centre window switches

i took the controller thingy from the old 2 switch unit and soldered it to the 4 switch unit which sorted the problem

I hope you know the bit i mean :lol:
in laymans terms, he's saying yur switches a buggered :) soldering iron and a bit know how will fix em though
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

lol, cheers for that. they probably are bust. just bloody annoying but it isnt a priority, cheers for the answers guys :mrgreen: