Hands free

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

HAIRIBO

Hands free

Post by HAIRIBO »

Just fitted a nokia Bluetooth kit. I dont want it on show. (Keep the factory look)

So at the moment I have the speaker and controler in the astray and next to the fag lighter socket. so when the lid is closed you can't see it. Any body think of somewhere better?
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Hands free

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:Just fitted a nokia Bluetooth kit. I dont want it on show. (Keep the factory look)

So at the moment I have the speaker and controler in the astray and next to the fag lighter socket. so when the lid is closed you can't see it. Any body think of somewhere better?
Aye, speaker can go in the footwell trim behind the glove box - controler I put on the centre console next to the electric window switches.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Was thinking of putting speaker behind the Fuse box. and I dont want the switch on show. When I fitted it to the avensis, I made it so it used the avensis;s speakers. put in the cav it only quietens the volume of the headunit, and I still have to use the nokia speaker.
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:Was thinking of putting speaker behind the Fuse box. and I dont want the switch on show. When I fitted it to the avensis, I made it so it used the avensis;s speakers. put in the cav it only quietens the volume of the headunit, and I still have to use the nokia speaker.
That's the problem you'll have with the button though, only so many places you can put it.
I certainly wouldn't put the speaker behind the fuse box though. last time i checked there wasn't much space behind mine.
Might be worth leaving the button where it is, or running it up the a pillar and onto the underside of the sun visor.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I was going to put the button under the steering wheel columb, but O know I'd just keep knocking is off. the speaker is ok in th astray bit. Just means I've lost my coin draw :lol: But I have a centre armrest as a cubby hole.
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:I was going to put the button under the steering wheel columb, but O know I'd just keep knocking is off. the speaker is ok in th astray bit. Just means I've lost my coin draw :lol: But I have a centre armrest as a cubby hole.
I couldn't be without my coin / loose screw draw lol. :mrgreen:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Squig

Post by Squig »

Envoy CDX wrote:
HAIRIBO wrote:I was going to put the button under the steering wheel columb, but O know I'd just keep knocking is off. the speaker is ok in th astray bit. Just means I've lost my coin draw :lol: But I have a centre armrest as a cubby hole.
don't forget the chewing gum
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Envoy CDX wrote:

:lol: taking the astray out has gotton rid of the rattle. (All the loose screws I had in)

One reason I took it out was cos of the fact my ashtray had cracked anyway, and was getting caught evertime it opened/closed.

So now my "ashtray/ ciggy lighter console" , Is my "12v socket and Handfree control unit console" :lol: How posh Am I!!!!!
C30XE
Squig

Post by Squig »

HAIRIBO wrote:
Envoy CDX wrote:

:lol: taking the astray out has gotton rid of the rattle. (All the loose screws I had in)

One reason I took it out was cos of the fact my ashtray had cracked anyway, and was getting caught evertime it opened/closed.

So now my "ashtray/ ciggy lighter console" , Is my "12v socket and Handfree control unit console" :lol: How posh Am I!!!!!
thats actually pretty cool fella :D
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome