Alarm wiring behind glovebox

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

vauxhallnutter

Alarm wiring behind glovebox

Post by vauxhallnutter »

Fitted an aftermarket alarm to my silver Cav yesterday and i decided to use the alarm wiring behind the glove box which all went well until I came to connecting the remote central locking up. There is a brown/red for lock and a brown/white for unlock but neither of them do anything so I have had to run the wires from passenger side to drivers side and connect them in the drivers footwell near the C/L unit. This is ok but I would have much rather connected everything at the same place!

Question is are these wires for this purpose or are they for something else? I will have a study of the wiring diagrams when I get chance but wondered if anyone had a quick answer.
Mark
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club - the friendly club
http://www.vodc.co.uk
VBOA Members
planetc

Re: Alarm wiring behind glovebox

Post by planetc »

The lock and unlock are black/red, bkack/yellow. The brown ones probably feed from the central locking to arm and disarm the system as it is triggered by the locking system rather than the other way around. You will find them in the harness that runs above the glove box, because that Is where I used to fit the remote add on for the factory alarm. Probe anything black with a red or yellow trace with a test light connected to earth, when you find the right ones the locking system will cycle
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
planetc

Post by planetc »

Usually find the 3 together, black wires one with red, one yellow and one blue trace. The blue deadlocks.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
vauxhallnutter

Post by vauxhallnutter »

Ok cheers for that will take a look. I was just going on the colours that i normally connect to in the drivers foot well
Mark
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club - the friendly club
http://www.vodc.co.uk
VBOA Members