Help needed with alarm installation

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

AndyMallett

Help needed with alarm installation

Post by AndyMallett »

Hi. I bought a cheap Chinese alarm (£15) that seems to have all the bells and whistles possible, the problem is that it needs about 20 connections into my 1990 Mk3 Cavalier 1.6L hatchback's wiring. I've sorted most from the wiring diagram but am having trouble with the central locking connections. Does anybody know which lead on the central locking control box is the 'lock' connection, and which is the 'unlock' connection. Also I think the central locking system is positive switched but would appreciate confirmation if you know.
The alarm comes with shock sensor and siren, closes the windows (if my Cav had electric windows), locks and unlocks the doors from the remote, isolates the ignition (simple method using relay to break power to HT coil) and can even pop the hatch from the remote (once I install a solenoid to operate the catch).
Once I get the alarm working it will bring my Cav into the age of keyless entry.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :wave