Re: Vectra-B Remote Central Locking - Discussion

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Re: Vectra-B Remote Central Locking - Discussion

Post by Robsey »

I draped the loom across the front of the Cavalier yesterday.
I noticed the same smell in the car that my Mk2 had 15 years ago.
Brought memories flooding back.

More luck than judgement, but my loom fitted virtually perfectly dimensionally.
Not bad for guess work.

So measures are as follows:-

Starting at the Alarm module mounting location on the left wing next to the glove-box - and heading across the dash following the undulating route of the main loom - and down to the central locking module in the right side footwell kick panel.

Cav Alarm box to "T" junction for the relay spur = 32cm

Cav Alarm box to relay cluster = 74cm, although 55cm would be enough.

Cav Alarm box to dash switch termination = 146cm

Cav Alarm box to Central Locking Module = 302cm

So approx. 3 metres overall.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

As reported in another thread,
I have had a test run of the loom today.

Some success, and some "more thought needed"

I have updated the Megamos Remote Locking with ATWS thread to explain the changes so far.

Successes - :thumb
The indicators flash once on the lock and unlock signal, and also flash quickly when the alarm is triggered.
(Once I re-jigged the flasher relay pins- see updates in red on the thread).

The battery live feed from the alarm powered the ATWS fine so that the remote locking works okay.
But it should be noted that both power feeds to the Cavalier are direct feeds, not fused.
One battery live.
One ignition live.

Need more thought.... :roll:

Power sounder return wire is NOT connected to the horn relay ground pin (terminal 85) in my car - so confirms Haynes comment of "Switzerland only".

No harm in wiring directly from ATWS pin 19 to the horn relay ground pin.
Or
Fitting and connecting up a proper Vectra-B sounder to the plug in the engine bay.

The boot light trigger does not appear to be connected.

And I have no bonnet switch yet either.

Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I have done a partial re-jig of the pins in the Cavalier connector.

Disconnected the wire for the hatch light from the connector. (Cav pin 4)
Plan is to run a wire from boot light (after the bulb, but before the switch) to the passenger door light switch.

Then from the passenger door light switch direct to pin 16 or 17 of the Vectra-B ATWS 28-pin connector.
Completely bypassing Cav pins 3 and 4, which didn't work on my car anyway.

Originally, I had linked ATWS pins 15 and 16, but have now split off pin 16 so that only pin 15 triggers the interior lights via the drivers dip switch.

Also - to test the full closure function, I have added a wire to Cavalier plug pin 15 (lock signal wire).
The other end, I will try on pins 1 and 24 (separately) of the ATWS module.
Pin 1 is lock.
Pin 24 is full-closure.

For info Pin 2 (ATWS) is for unlock signal and would go to Cav pin 11.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I can confirm that linking ATWS pin 19 to the 85 (ground terminal) of the horn relay does work very well. :thumb
I cannot work out why it is a Switzerland only wiring scheme.
It sure saves buying a separate power sounder.

Just make sure you link to the correct relay pin (and not terminal 86 - live feed) like I did.
You'll find fuse 20 goes pop....resulting in no horns at all.
Don't ask how I know. :oops:

Had I gone from the terminal side, I would have known which pin had the brown wire connected... but I fed a wire in from the front to save faffing with pulling forward the fusebox to access the wiring.
Simply pull out the relay - insert wire in the top left vertical slot of the bottom relay and re-insert the relay.
Obviously this was a brief test, not a permanent fixture just yet.

Strangely my indicators did not flash this time, so I probably got confused with the pin polarities on the yellow relay again. :scratch
Doesn't take much to confuse an old fool like me, even if you are convinced that it should be right.
So I have made a little adaptation that means I can swap polarities in a more accessible way. :)
Crude but safe and simple.

By the way - the yellow male spade covers are not part of a yellow fettish. They were left over from my campervan wiring conversions / upgrades.
If you look on my van thread, you will see loads of these little yellow blighters at the back of the fusebox.
TTT

Post by TTT »

I’ve found this topic with google. Wanted to say I decoded the eeprom of the megamos unit, for the security code. I also confirmed that manually changing this value to some other number seem to work and accepted by tech2. Is there any interest in these units being decoded? If anyone wants, I can help.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I thought that I had replied to this, but apparently not.

The only time this would really be necessary is if someone retro-fitted a Vectra-B engine and ECU to their Cavalier.

I have been dealing with two cars with retro-fitted Vectra-B X20XEV engines and ECU's recently, but none with the central locking and anti-theft warning system.

As it happens, neither owner ever got their cars to run due to ECU failure and / or wiring issues.

From memory, I think mine is the only Cavalier (on this forum) with a megamos ATWS unit fit.
But it retains a Cavalier C20NE and ECU.

Knowing which two pairs of digits in the hex dump actually represent the security would be very interesting, but there probably isn't much call for it.

TTT

Post by TTT »

With the CG unit I am not familiar, I understand from above that this is CDL only. Is that an 93LC48B eeprom next to the MCU? I dare to say security code is 2001, but are these CDL only units security coded?
LE: I indicated I might help with megamos units, so disregard above, that is not a megamos in the picture.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

No worries, I was only posting up a hex dump from my early threads...
The Kiekert unit now resides happily in Egypt of all places.

20 01 eh?...
I can see them listed twice, so that narrows the field.

From my understanding, the CDL (Kiekert) unit does not request a code on OpCom / VauxCom or AutoScanner, but the unit identified above was received as part of a kit along with immobiliser ring, remote key and engine ECU.

Incidentally, the Megamos unit does request a code with OpCom / VauxCom but not with AutoScanner.
But you are able to pair up remote keys without a code with AutoScanner.

This forum only supports Cavalier mk3's (Vectra-A), so there will not be much Vectra-B / Omega-B traffic passing through.

VxON will probably have more scope for your service if you have not tried there already.
TTT

Re: Vectra-B Remote Central Locking - Discussion

Post by TTT »

Thats fine, I though as well that CDLs are not coded. I'm not offering a service for money btw. Anyhow, nice to see this forum.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Thank you,
It is nice to have you onboard,

Forums are not very common these days, because it is cheaper to run a group on facebook. :roll:

Unfortunately these groups are only for quick-fire questions and sales ads, that only last as long as the last ten messages.
Then they get pushed out into the ether. Forgotten or lost forever. :|

At least any info shared here can be found by new members later. :thumb
The whole point of a forum.

Please feel free to join in. We welcome your input. :cheers