Hazard Switch

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

rustyrescue

Hazard Switch

Post by rustyrescue »

HI, I have posted in the newbie introduction section with an outline of the jobs I have on the new car. In particular now I wondered how I remove the Hazard switch on a 1995 car, first test and it now wont turn them off haha.....wedged in with card and they stay off.
vexorg

Re: Hazard Switch

Post by vexorg »

Pretty sure you pop the vents off then it just pulls out. It's been a while since changing one.
David
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

A bit of WD40 sprayed around the edge of the switch might free it off so it latches again, and save the hassle of removing it.
1993 Cavalier V6 Auto in Smoke Grey Metallic
rustyrescue

Post by rustyrescue »

already tried the WD round it which is now all over the dash haha. I will see if the vents pop off, seeing as the car had been stored for a bit I wonder if removed it may clean and start latching again before buying a new one.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

The vents will pull off - just give then a firm tug on the flap-adjuster thingy.

Then the switch will pull out of it's socket, but will be latched in place top and bottom.
Don't pull on the switch button itself, as it will simply separate from the switch body.