alarm!!!!!!

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

andysri

alarm!!!!!!

Post by andysri »

the cav has the standard built-in alarm immobiliser dead-lock system and just recently the alarm keeps going off for what appears to be no reason. i suspected voltage drop in the battery so i put a good spare on and is was fine for 4 days and now its started going off again.

has anyone got anyother ideas on what could be causing it? also it only normally goes off shortly after the car has been used
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs
Squig

Re: alarm!!!!!!

Post by Squig »

I've had the factory immobiliser thrown up fault codes with a low/dead battery, it could be something draining the battery and hence causing alarm issues? Have you checked the battery levels on either battery?
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

could be the interior sensors, try putting some tape over them see if it solves it.
andysri

Post by andysri »

Squig wrote:I've had the factory immobiliser thrown up fault codes with a low/dead battery, it could be something draining the battery and hence causing alarm issues? Have you checked the battery levels on either battery?
i did wonder if there was something draining it but if it is it can only be a very small amount. the battery i had on it seemed to be playing up, the voltage level rose and fell really really slowly which i guessed the alarm would sence when the car gets locked up after use and so i changed it for another. i will check the level in the morning and see how it looks which may give me a clue.
Gaz wrote:could be the interior sensors, try putting some tape over them see if it solves it.
i think i turned them off as they kept setting it off about this time last year but i cant remember if i turned them back on and i cant remember how you switch them on/off. however i will tape them over to eliminate them and see what happens.

cheers muchly :D
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs