no power to the coil

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

crunk 09

no power to the coil

Post by crunk 09 »

]I think my 1.7 diesel will be a poor cousin to you 2 litre + and V6 peeps - but any way. I 've had it a month - seems all in good nick well looked after .. 93K - yesterday drove for 30 miles stopped (for school Xmas bazaar) so 2 hours later tried to drive home...nothing - tried again a few times called RAC - says no supply to coil as he could start it with a direct wire from the battery. I have the fitted immobiliser thats a liitle rectangular fob with three contacts. That does what it did before - I put it in the light goes off - key in - dash lights etc on - but nothing on III at all... Any ideas? Even for a temporary fix? Thanks Crunk
Gaz

Re: no power to the coil

Post by Gaz »

if you need to take it out its just a case of finding the box, its normally behind the glovebox and tracing the wires back and rejoining them where they cut them
crunk 09

Post by crunk 09 »

Gaz - who cut what - not sure - the RAC didn't cut any wires - do you mean a wire that was cut to fit the immobiliser? And when the RAC man said 'coil' what did he mean? The black box behind the glove box is this accessible without taking the whole fascia off ? (etc) I don't have a manual (yet) so I'm in the dark about the layout...well everything! thanks - Crunk
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I mean youve got an aftermarket immobiliserits probably cutting power to the coil from where the coil fed from inside the car.

the rac guy made a new live feed to get you going. what your trying to do is make the original live feed work by removing the immobiliser, there wont the any info in a haynes manual its just a case of spending time working out where the aftermarket kit has been installed and removing it so the car is back to standard wiring.
crunk 09

Post by crunk 09 »

Thanks Gaz - you were right - I just didn't have the time (get to work, boy!) so paid to have it removed - ta Crunk