help window advice needed

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

davidfox280585

help window advice needed

Post by davidfox280585 »

firstly my cavalier hasnt got electric windows BUT has central locking,
i popped the rubber blank where the switches go and there is a white plug with 4 wires, anyone know what this is for?,
also what do i need from the breakers to fit these to my car as i will be going wednesday,
also i have full turbo leather to fit and i am very eager to fit it but i tell myself no wait till the windows are in,im not bothered about rear electrics just front cheers
Gaz

Re: help window advice needed

Post by Gaz »

sounds like trip computer or the leccy window wiring is it a big horizontal block across the width of the hole or a smallish ish one about 2cm long?
can you get a picture?

To fit the turbo leather you will need the frames off your current seats (if they are fresh out of a turbo) as the floors are different on the 4x4 cars 4 13mm bolts under the seat its an easy job

To fit leccy windows it depends if you have the wiring in the car
if you have its probably a case of a set of door looms motors and some switches,

does sound like the car isnt wired for them if it isnt your probably best to get the body loom and while you have the seatsout run the wiring for the windows.

Ive never come across a cav without leccy windows, i know they exist.
davidfox280585

Re: help window advice needed

Post by davidfox280585 »

Gaz wrote:sounds like trip computer or the leccy window wiring is it a big horizontal block across the width of the hole or a smallish ish one about 2cm long?
can you get a picture?

To fit the turbo leather you will need the frames off your current seats (if they are fresh out of a turbo) as the floors are different on the 4x4 cars 4 13mm bolts under the seat its an easy job

To fit leccy windows it depends if you have the wiring in the car
if you have its probably a case of a set of door looms motors and some switches,

does sound like the car isnt wired for them if it isnt your probably best to get the body loom and while you have the seatsout run the wiring for the windows.

Ive never come across a cav without leccy windows, i know they exist.
will get a pic though its a white plug about 2 cm long,i have emailed a guy about all 4 motors and wiring from his cavalier that hes breaking so will get all the wiring needed from that, is it a case of the body loom plugging into the fuse box,and the motors and wiring is from a diesel too,
i beleive the seats were from a sri as the rear bench has been scalped to fit a hatch
many thanks for the help much appreciated