Fitting electric sunroof

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

SRiTez

Fitting electric sunroof

Post by SRiTez »

Hi all, I have an electric sun roof out of a Cav CDX that I want to fit in my SRi. My question is the thick black wire that goes down the side of the front window, is this the power wire and can it be wired in any where else save trying to feed it down the A post. Also has anyone got any pics of one being installed?

Thanks Tez
carlos_canter

Re: Fitting electric sunroof

Post by carlos_canter »

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=823

The answers are here! For the omega roof anway, but should imagine the wiring is pretty much the same.
"Redefining success since 1981"
Greig Sri

Post by Greig Sri »

You get the new main power for the motor from a conection in the main wiring loom. You will find the conector behind the lower side kick panel on the pas side of the car. Put a fuse in the fuse box for the sunroof to find the correct conection in the multi plug on the loom. By testing for power you can find it, rember the igination needs to be turned on to feed power to the sunroof. Then run your new black wire you have up the A piller to the sunroof.

Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
SRiTez

Post by SRiTez »

Nice one, I'll have a go tomorrow weather permitting.