Heater fan motor cure...

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

carlos_canter

Heater fan motor cure...

Post by carlos_canter »

...ish!

Andrew Page a are a vehicle parts supplier as some will know, they have depots as west as Warrington, right across to the east coast, as far north as Newcastle and as south as Peterborough.

They can supply you with a new fan motor and the resistor to go with it, with the dreaded VAT, its around £186 for both parts.

Not cheap I know but the motor from vauxhall is £220 and resistors are around £45.

So there is a considerable saving to be had, I personally am getting tired of changing the resistor pack in mine every time the motor starts to screech, and have completely cleared my local scrapyard of parts.
Dont think there is many company's supplying these, or even reconditioned motors, there a pain to open up especially as the rotor gets stuck on with the rust on the shaft.

http://andrewpage.com/depot-details
"Redefining success since 1981"
TurboDan

Re: Heater fan motor cure...

Post by TurboDan »

Use the mk3 astra motors/resistors. I have both out of a astra mk3 in mine and its fine. Was in mint condition too as the astra isn't half as old as the cavs.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Looking at upgrading past the astras too at some point. Tigra's and corsa's are up on the pillage list soon.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

There is always that way round the problem.

Ive looked at corsa's and tigra's, ive never found one with a similar setup to the cavalier, they always have the resistor on the back of the switch panel although it does depend on what we get in at the time.
"Redefining success since 1981"