wacky windows

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

Rage

wacky windows

Post by Rage »

i have a 1.8 gls with electric front windows that have an auto wind function if i hold the button. I recently disconnected the battery and alternator to do some work and on reconnecting the drivers side dropped about 2 inches. i re-set the auto wind function. And now the drivers side will stay up when i want it to but if i want it say half way then it will stop at halfway then go nearly all the way down stop then go all the way down. This is all without me pushing the button and when it is dropping it doesn't stop when i try cancelling the auto wind by pushing the button in either direction. Any ideas how to stop it having a mind of its own?
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: wacky windows

Post by Envoy CDX »

Reset it again, hold the button up while the windows closed and you'll hear it reset.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Rage

Post by Rage »

yeah tried that, still no low though. Can u actually hear it set then cos ive set them a few times now after battery removal for various work and i can't say ive ever heard them set. Do they beep or click or something then?
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

It's hard to describe the noise, bit like a click, but electronic.
If it's not setting properly, then I'd look for a spare board or a spare set of switchs and try those.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Rage

Post by Rage »

ok cheers for the advice will try disconnecting the battery then re-setting them and will listen for the noise. :cheers
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

General recommendation to reset windows, is

to hold the CLOSE or UP button pressed for about five seconds after the glass reaches the top of it's travel.
There should be a faint click-clunk noise heard and then all is set.

Even if the click-clunk is heard before the 5 secs is up, I still ensure that I count to 5.