heated seats

Post queries regarding your Mk3 Cavalier's ICE and electrical components (head units, wiring, retro-fit toys, upgrades etc.) here

Moderator: Robsey

marcia

heated seats

Post by marcia »

Tried to wire up the heated front seats on the Cavalier today,but could only find the green connector (behind dash) for the passenger seat.
Can't find other connector at all,removed radio and ashtray but no joy,need help/advice on this please.
William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
Gaz

Re: heated seats

Post by Gaz »

if the green one is there then the black one should be. it will probably be taped up. might be worth removing the bit that holds the radio.
planetc

Post by planetc »

unless some bright spark chopped it off and used the wiring for something else at some point, lol.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I hate that, i make up connectors for everything to plug into factory sockets, my car has no cut looms. plus it makes it a lot easier for fault finding.

Makes me sound really anal lol,
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Unsurprisingly, it will be taped / tied up on the drivers side of the centre dash panel (to the right of the radio) approx where the main loom comes down.

The green plug should have been taped to the left hand vertical run of the main loom.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Gaz wrote:I hate that, i make up connectors for everything to plug into factory sockets, my car has no cut looms. plus it makes it a lot easier for fault finding.

Makes me sound really anal lol,
Not at all, otherwise it would make me anal too.... So far, any "joined wires" have been done on my additional looms rather than cutting into existing factory loom - though I've not modded this cav for some reason and now its bugging me (when its cold.. damn it..)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
marcia

Post by marcia »

Finally managed to find the other electrical plug this morning,took out the ashtray and radio put my hand up the back of the console and within about a minute it just seemed to jump into my fingers.
Done all this the last time and could not locate plug for love nor money,now have to heated seats.
William
PRESENT CAR;1995(N) Vauxhall Cavalier GLS, 2.0 litre, 16 Valve Automatic in Smoke Grey.
Owned since August 2006
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Excellent news - :thumb

Glad it's all sorted, just in time for those frosty mornings :cool