Tcut clay bar kit.

The dark art of car cleaning... discuss!
3cav3

Tcut clay bar kit.

Post by 3cav3 »

Just purchased one these kits. Got to admit the results are amazing.
Getting really peed off though as in 12 months I've owned the car it's picked up a lot of little car park type dents and marks,even though I'm very careful where I park. Why can't people just eff off and leave our cars alone?
On a positive note this has removed about 99% of them.
I'll post some pics once I've done the roof and bumpers.
Cavalier342

Re: Tcut clay bar kit.

Post by Cavalier342 »

The biggest thing that boiled my blood when I was driving my old cars which I cherished was when I'd get to a supermarket or some large car park, find a gap of about 20-30 empty spaces, go right in the middle with nobody near me, go and do my shopping, come back, to find some piece of plastic parked right next to me. I mean... REALLY!!!
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Cavalier342 wrote:The biggest thing that boiled my blood when I was driving my old cars which I cherished was when I'd get to a supermarket or some large car park, find a gap of about 20-30 empty spaces, go right in the middle with nobody near me, go and do my shopping, come back, to find some piece of plastic parked right next to me. I mean... REALLY!!!
Yes THAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!! Why??? Ive even tried parking right at the end of the store carpark and people still do it. My wife uses the Green Cav to go to college on Monday nights (until she qualifies and gets a job I cant really justify the cost of yet another car for her) and makes the effort to park in the empty bottom carpark and when she comes back theres usually some idiot parked next to her! In fact its go so bad with dings appearing that now ive resorted to running her in and waiting for her.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

It's some part of the human brain which obviously isn't compatible with the bodies that the brain is attached to. When I used to turn up at a car park and see tidy classic cars in a car park in a huge gap, doing exactly what I did, even if I really liked the car, I wouldn't park right next to them because in my mind, I know that I would go mental if someone who A) wasn't driving a cavalier or B) wasn't a friend of mine parked right next to me. If the car park is full, then there's no problem, but in a massive empty gap, if someone quite clearly loves their car too much to park next to blind/stupid people in plastic European cars who don't care about them or what is around them, then the message should be clear enough. My car is parked in a gap because isn't a guide or a cone to park next to, it's in the massive gap for a bloody good reason!

Unfortunately people these days are too brain dead to realize these things, hence why they choose to drive blatantly boring Euroboxes and not have any awareness of who or what is around them. And folks like you and I end up spending half the afternoon polishing/filling the scratches and dents which are caused because of this.

Makes me glad I don't drive any more, it's just too stressful, I really didn't want to snap and do something I'd regret.
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I like to park next to the nicest cars I can find as I know they are less likely to bang my doors.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

If only it worked like that, you obviously haven't lived around here James. My preference is to stay as far away as possible from morons in general. Just raises the stress levels up too much.
Previous:

Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I am scrupulously careful where I park,
but there are still numpties out there who cannot park,
or simply just fling their doors open when getting in and out without any concern when there is a dink sound as your car is forced to wear some of their door paint.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Heres the product, the paint is like a mirror now. Hard work but definatley worth it.
After morons the second biggest problem Ive got is the woman who lives next door to me keeps encouraging the birds by putting loads of food out, the result? Loads of crap continuously on my car. Ive mentioned this to her politely and the response was she would do what she liked in her garden. No problem, guess where my dog was sent to do its business last night and this morning?
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I like the dog part.

Looks good. Nice and shiny.
Previous:

James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I do like clay barring.
One of those rare detailing jobs that is fairly easy to do and gives great results.

Good work! :thumb
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

...of course, after clay barring, you then apply a polish which will help protect the paintwork against bird dropping and road dirt until you next wash the car.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

That I did, I then put 2 layers of colour magic on top aswell. Hope it lasts a while as the birds have already crapped all over it!