waterless washing

The dark art of car cleaning... discuss!
solaris

waterless washing

Post by solaris »

hi, i recommend waterless car wash products they really do work, my cavs never seen a bucket of water , plus cavs a re renound for rust .

try: www.go-waterless.co.uk

ive been using this for ages its good stuff, as long as your cars not all covered in mud ect, just give the car a going over couple of times a week and it will gleam.
vauxtillidie

Re: waterless washing

Post by vauxtillidie »

lad i worked with had a waterless mobile valeting company using these products, he swore by them too
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
solaris

Post by solaris »

yeah good stuff, and quicker than a bucket and sponge, worth the cost aswell longterm. cheers :D
blaqkaudio009

Post by blaqkaudio009 »

wow ive never heard of this before, but as most people sware by it ill have to give it a go!
george
piercedrab

Post by piercedrab »

i tried this but not the product shown and was very pleased with the resuilts the one i got was from ebay i was sceptical and the car hadnt been washed in a week or so so thought why not

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Robert-in-Notts

Post by Robert-in-Notts »

hmmm, so it doesent exactly wash any dirt away? never tried it myself but id be wanting to give the car a good claying session after. suppose it works well if the car is reasnably clean, id still feel like im rubbing the dirt in though myself. mite give it a go though.
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

I didn't realise there was such a thing or that Cavaliers were renowned for rust.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

The major rust areas for Mk3 Cavaliers were the rear arches and generally under the rear chassis. Providing the car has been looked after and cleaned and undersealed, there won't be a problem. But those are the main areas to watch for. Rear suspension area, etc.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

It surely scratches your paint as all your doing is wiping dirt and grit into it
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Deeksin wrote:It surely scratches your paint as all your doing is wiping dirt and grit into it
I have tried "Showroom Shine" as advertised on the tv..

It is said that there is a chemical within the solution that wraps around the grit and dirt particles, and stops them from scratching the surface.

The best dry wash systems contain Canauba Wax... good stuff.

Ideally, you should get your car as clean as possible, T-Cut as many scratches out as possible, and then use the dry wash system.

I found that the dry wash system litterally just takes the dirt off, and leaves a protective wax coating on the paintwork. But you can still see surface inperfections - scratches and marks... hence why I mentioned washing and T-cutting first.

The coating works well, and is most noticeable after rain... the water droplets show as beads on the panels and a good level of shine is achieved.
planetc

Post by planetc »

Anyone found a product that doesn't involve any physical interaction? All this wiping lark is still effort whether it involves water or not surely?
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Well.. there was this thing I knew of once where you drove up to it, paid a quarter, and using an automated system of brushes, water and shampoo, followed by dryers, it cleaned the car for you while you sat inside all comfy. Other than that, I can only look at 2015, where maybe, just maybe there is an alternative solution :D
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
planetc

Re: Re: waterless washing

Post by planetc »

Cavalier342 wrote:Well.. there was this thing I knew of once where you drove up to it, payed a quarter, and using an automated system of brushes, water and shampoo, followed by dryers, it cleaned the car for you while you sat inside all comfy. Other than that, I can only look at 2015, where maybe, just maybe there is an alternative solution :D
Doesn't that rip mirrors off though I seem to remember ? I want the whole cake!
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

planetc wrote:Anyone found a product that doesn't involve any physical interaction? All this wiping lark is still effort whether it involves water or not surely?
I have away it,s called my son I just say that I will take his xbox of him
works every time :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

planetc wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote:Well.. there was this thing I knew of once where you drove up to it, payed a quarter, and using an automated system of brushes, water and shampoo, followed by dryers, it cleaned the car for you while you sat inside all comfy. Other than that, I can only look at 2015, where maybe, just maybe there is an alternative solution :D
If your name is Mike and you happen to fall unlucky yes. Otherwise, it's basically what you want, right?
Previous:

Martin_TD

Post by Martin_TD »

It cuts out the need to wet the car but you still mix it with water and is great for anyone that lives in a flat btw...

You still need to clay/polish/wax or seal the car after.

The B&Q grout sponges are meant to be shit hot with waterless washing.

This stuff is gets amazing reviews:

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/product.php ... NORINSE-32
Cavalier 1.7TD CDX and Cavalier 1.7TD LS
planetc

Re: Re: Re: waterless washing

Post by planetc »

Cavalier342 wrote:
planetc wrote:
If your name is Mike and you happen to fall unlucky yes. Otherwise, it's basically what you want, right?
Like mitch's suggestion better, I have a daughter of car washing age :-)
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Re: Re: Re: waterless washing

Post by Lowrider Dave »

planetc wrote:Like mitch's suggestion better, I have a daughter of car washing age :-)
Sorry, I had a completely wrong mental image.... :oops:

Back on track, never tried the waterless wash. I alway pre-wash, wash, blade off, shammy, clay and wax about 2/3 times a year, general washes are pre-wash, wash, blade off, shammy paying attention to the sill edges to stop it collecting there.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
jazzfunkster

Post by jazzfunkster »

I too swear by Showroom Shine and a microfibre cloth, doesn't scratch your paintwork and polishes up a treat, you cannot beat it. :cool
Dieselicious

Post by Dieselicious »

planetc wrote:
You and cake! :roll:

I just leave mine out in the rain :thumb
From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter
Some day I intend reading it
'95 TD LS
'85 Monza GSE
'92 Senator 12v Auto
'99 Omega 3.0 MV6
'99 Omega 3.0 MV6 (Ex-Polizei)
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

jazzfunkster wrote:I too swear by Showroom Shine and a microfibre cloth, doesn't scratch your paintwork and polishes up a treat, you cannot beat it. :cool
:thumb greased lightenings got sone awesome products coming onto the Market. Showroom Shine kicks ass but so long you use DECENT QUALITY microfibres and turn and shake regularly you can't go wrong.

I recently tried the JML version, ummm, mantis shine I think it's called, thought it was good until I'd used SS twice then tried the jml again, and it made me cringe to use it! And it don't go as far.
:D reccomended
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha
Nova_Tek

Post by Nova_Tek »

If that's the result in the pictures of your Cav then that's impressive. I've always been an old school guy when it comes to washing cars. Always hand wash and polish/wax. Dubious of these wipe n go products as if they're sh*t then scratched paintwork you'll get, one thing I really don't want espescially after two of the cars having full resprays.

One thing I hate is washing cars in winter as it's just too cold so I am interested in this. Prices look very reasonable so may have to try it.
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

Nova_Tek wrote:If that's the result in the pictures of your Cav then that's impressive. I've always been an old school guy when it comes to washing cars. Always hand wash and polish/wax. Dubious of these wipe n go products as if they're sh*t then scratched paintwork you'll get, one thing I really don't want espescially after two of the cars having full resprays.

One thing I hate is washing cars in winter as it's just too cold so I am interested in this. Prices look very reasonable so may have to try it.

Lol no that was after a session with the pressure washer, mitt, tfr, polish and wax, that dodo juice stuff is awesome! I use the showroom shine for the quick clean experience inbetween the occasional heavy clean. That way I can be arsed to do a proper job when I do!
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha