PVS 2008

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

Cavyman_130

Re: PVS 2008

Post by Cavyman_130 »

Anita what time are we expected to there on the sunday morning? as my plans are to drive down friday night, stay over in manchester, then leave early doors to come to santa pod in the morning, just to make a weekend of it :D
Squig

Post by Squig »

yeah let's get a meet sorted for saturday morning... not too early ;)
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

8 cars is better than none!
C30XE
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

FoxyCav wrote:Right, all the mods have gotten back to me, so thanks for your quick replies guys.

Basically i was asking if its worth us attending PV this year with ONLY 8 Cars. I had a convo with Gaz last night, and he thought it not worth while unless we had at least double figures. I personally DONT agree with him. Thsi Club is NOT well known and as ive said before is a Niche' market, catering only for the MK3 Cavalier. We are never going to attract more members by not attending shows and hoping it picks up by internet word of mouth only.

We have 8 Cavs going and some bloody good examples of the marque will be on our stand, ok the stand may be low in numbers THIS year, but who knows about next year. I think its not just us who struggle for people to attend shows etc. i think most one marque only clubs will. Except if you own a Nova Gaz :P :P

Right i'm going to post this off next monday so This club will be going to PVS 2008 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
good, ive just sorted my windscreen today for pvs :D
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

payment sent through paypal for 2 more tickets 8-)
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Np. this is going off first thing monday so if you WANT to be on the STAND. PLEASE we require payment immediately or before Monday at least :mrgreen:

If its anything like previous shows ive been to (bear in mind not been to pvs before) like Billing, we were up and about around 7.30am sorting the stand. But i'd like ALL cars there by 9.30-10ish please. We havent been given a set time for show cars to be there by pvs, so i'm guessing. I know its early for peeps travelling, but as long as your there by 10ish at latest sure we can manage :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

I hope thats for Saturday

for us coming up on the sunday, it'll be an early one, it was last year with vxon anyway

is there any idea what time we can start coming in on the sunday?? im sure it was something like 7.30 Am, i know the gates for joe public open at 8 am

also

the 8 cars that are to be on the stand, are you still doing a small goodie bag?? :D
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

so really in the gates are open to public all cars for the satnd should be there for half 7 then? will need to get the cav buffed up and what not 8-)

andh what goodie bag is this likes? :lol:
keke

Post by keke »

Ive been to pvs the last 4 years and put my cars on stands and ive always got there about 7.30 - 8.00 which gives you plenty of time to get on the stand and to give the car a quick polish.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Or in Craig's case a full valet :P :P :P just kidding hun :mrgreen:

cheers for that, gives you guys an idea of what times we need to get ourselves on the stand
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

oh it will be gettign a full valet, you guys are about to see something realllllll special :lol:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

if i park next to you, i can get the shine off your cav onto mine :lol: :lol:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

aye iv got some special polish/wax for the shows so it will be highly buffed, though I have no problem at all with helping out others with their cars 8-) its not a chore to me, I enjoy it :lol:
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

Ive found the opening times

Gates are open to the public from 12pm
Saturday and 9am Sunday.

last year i turned up at the gates at 8 am on the sunday, after waiting in a massive queue for half an hour i managed to get in just by showing my pass (which we should get in the post with the tickets)

all details to the event are here....

http://www.performancevauxhallshow.co.uk/faqs.html
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

cant be worse than me dave

few years ago when i ran a pug club, had some gorgeous pics taken of the gti's, drove towards entrance and the bastard french turd died, i got TOWED in!!!!!!!!!

worst of it was, it was all caught by official photographer and platered everywhere, boo hoooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats what i get for driving a piece of french crap :lol: :lol:

i'm REALLY looking forward to this, and the convoy down folks. wooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mrgreen:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

ha ha ha ha brilliant.

is there a convoy on the sunday?
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

No idea tbh Craig,

gary's coming down Sunday morning, but as far as i know thats it. All the southerners are woosey and not camping :P :P :mrgreen:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

ok cavalier people, i need some reg numbers............for show passes (its not compulsary, just for club accounts and details held of people who support the club) PM ONLY though reg numbers please

i NEED though amount of Club passes wanted (please dont be silly with extra mates abusing our club discount or we wont get another stand next year)
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

FoxyCav wrote:No idea tbh Craig,

gary's coming down Sunday morning, but as far as i know thats it. All the southerners are woosey and not camping :P :P :mrgreen:
YOU INCLUDING ME IN THAT ANITA. I AM CAMPING IN THE GAZEEBO !
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

lmao your a "true" southerner hun you like camping :P

all the wimps have decided to come sunday or been a big girl like craig and gone to a inn :lol:

be 6 of us camping from what i see, but hopefully craig and his missus will pop over
dave's.veccy

Post by dave's.veccy »

I would camp if i could but i cant :lol:

you have Pm Anita
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

hehe We will be stopping over in manchester for a night, then driving down in the morning, yeah we will need an early start but im game for it :D
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Can i just clear summat up.....if you are NOT on the club stand and have your reg number pm'd to me. you WONT get a club pass.

ive had peeps asking me for extra club passes, i gather to get there mates on for half price :roll:

you Will NOT be allocated a club pass UNLESS i have your full reg number and i know your going on the clubs stand.
Sorry but im getting a bit pissed off with it all tbh. I feel like packing it in and handing the club over to gaz..........but then i always feel like that when peeps try to take advantage. :P
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

as said in my PM anita, you do a great job of running the site, just try not to let the chancers put you down........................and plus Gaz is a grumpy sh*te :lol: just kidding mate.
cav-v6-24v

Post by cav-v6-24v »

am i to late to pay for pvs?? if i am looks like in paying on the gatre

also is ppl on the stand camping the night??? cheers mat