Hairibo's PVS2008 Reright up..... ish!

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

HAIRIBO

Hairibo's PVS2008 Reright up..... ish!

Post by HAIRIBO »

Can I start of to give my Best wishes to Gaz and Anita and her Dad, hope all is well.

Well I finally got down there at about 6pm on the saturadayt after having to waste 60miles going to pick up my tickets as I forgot them when I first set up. Many thanks to the people camping near us playing that hardcore jungle Shite loadly. all night, oh and for the car alarm going off just at the point I was dropping off, but at least I got 4hours sleep. ;)

I came back after going to get my Entery photo picked up, and look what I found.....

My car all alone :cry:

So I went to sleep for anhour then set off. at this point the show was over and it was a steddy 5miles an hr out of the car park lol, so not like when I last saw Craig and his lot.15minutes to travel 10metres. Pretty good going fellas! I didnt trust my thirsty v6 to get me out at that kinda pace, thats why I waited. But I did get a free copy of Fastcar, as they where handing them out to everycar as the drove out. Passed some poor lads with their cav on a jack, there back tyre was a gonna, I'f only I had a 5stud I could have sold my spare for a lot of money lol.

Just out side Doncaster on the A1 the north bound lane suddenly stopped, I was gutted, till I realised we were just rubbernecking a fantastic site! I ford pickup on its roof facing the wrong way on the southbound lane! You gotta put some effort in to manage that kinda crash! Well done lads, hope ya ok.

I was abit upset at the standard of the cars at the show. Too many nice ones and hardly any BarryBoy Speicals. Some nice looking cavs on the Cav crazy stand, and few nice ones spotted about. Saw a mint Red Prefacelift SRi tucked away. and a Gorgeous Carlton estate, with Lotus kit and wheels. (Well tastey)

Was really good meeting everyone.

And Dave's mate Mike Gota great bargin off me withe the Gearknob, hand brake handle and light switch. I saw the same Isotta gear knob on sale in the stalls for £31.99.

Was tempted to do a smash a garb with Tim's RC Cavalier Touring car, he left so temptingly on the Dashboard. :lol: Great little model there, I was talking to his son on the Astra Mk2 stand, and he told me that Sparzzy once drove all the way to scotland for a limegreen cav!!!! I want to see photo's of this please :D

Well here's some more photos of our stand.

Sorry,,,,, But I gotta say I love Magic Grey in the summer......
C30XE
FoxyCav

Re: Hairibo's PVS2008 Reright up..... ish!

Post by FoxyCav »

Sorry you came back to find yourself alone Dave, squig, slapped wrists, you have daves number somewhere dont you? :P

thanks for asking bout my dad, im afriad hes in a bad way, hes in the critical care unit (old intensive care ) he cant breathe on his own, and has pnemonia(sp). his doctor said he looks better than yesterday so im hoping he'll pick up again. Hes pining after his cars though lol.

good pics there Dave, your cav drew alot of attention as did Keke's but the whole stand got a lot of attention tbh, and loads of flyers, and forms where taken. i'm pleased with the stand and everyone, you lot are fantastic :mrgreen:

the campsite was a total shambles mainly due to the toss pot nova/corsa idiots with their air horns and certain idiots who Gaz went out to bollock at 3am :lol: :lol:
it looks like Billing had a "family" only campsite, maybe thats a plan for next year, everything closed about 12am

thanks for my goodies made my weekend and i'll sor the cash out on wednesday if thats ok, be with you by weekend anyway. :mrgreen:

will keep everyone posted on my dad and thanks for kind thoughts
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

dave you said you would like to see it. flew up on easyjet and 10 hour drive back august 2004. its now in ireland
lots more pics but only to order (some members dont like her)
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Ha ha thanks Tim, Not keen on th red mesh. But looks really tidy and well made. Glad you decided to have your current car tho, Love that GSi with the touring car style wheels.

And Anita I knew everyone was going hun, Squig even offered to stop around for me.... I told them all to go. No point stoppin waitin for me. Anyways I had a really nice drive home. The 3 1/2 hours flew buy. Had the muisic pumping and made good use of the V6's huge torque. slowing down then booting it in 5th gear. and I'd go down to 3rd when ever I left roadworks and really went for it! She finally has power I happy with, great for slip lanes and pulling alone side ppl on the motorway doing 80. then just booting it and leaving them for dead, childish?...... yes. graet fun?...... Oh yes!

She isn't too bad on fuel. better than my Toyota 2litre believe it or not. But need to get my rev counter sorted and my trip computer chipped. As It says I managed an average of 37MPG LMAO and I can rev to well over 9k. and 70mph in fith is 5k even tho the engine is hardly ticking over. Hopefully I'll get all the niggles you get with an engine conversion sorted out.

Thanks again everyone for great day! And it's nice to have a good mix of ppl. From Dads with Gsi's (Tim), Freindly couples with Show cars (Keke), to young 17-18 year olds just getting into the scene (Dave and Mike) and everyone inbetween.

Would have been great to have had that standard SRi on our stand.

And thanks Keke for bringing the car which drew in the crowds to our stand.

Cant wait for our next meet.
C30XE
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

HAIRIBO wrote:And Anita I knew everyone was going hun, Squig even offered to stop around for me.... I told them all to go. No point stoppin waitin for me. Anyways I had a really nice drive home. The 3 1/2 hours flew buy. Had the muisic pumping and made good use of the V6's huge torque. slowing down then booting it in 5th gear. and I'd go down to 3rd when ever I left roadworks and really went for it! She finally has power I happy with, great for slip lanes and pulling alone side ppl on the motorway doing 80. then just booting it and leaving them for dead, childish?...... yes. graet fun?...... Oh yes!

And thanks Keke for bringing the car which drew in the crowds to our stand.

poor Squiggy sat outside for over an hour waiting for me! i thought leaving when i did was a good idea. i sat stationary near the strip enterance for 45mins!! thats where you saw me parked up. it was alright once everyone started moving, was able to sit at a steady 5mph aswell.

i was doing the same on the way there, racing others. mines not quite as fast as yours, but people seem to think its a 1.8 cav lol. i was enjoying trying to keep up Squig on the M1 too, would have been ok if mine would stay in 3rd gear, instead i had to keep high revving it in 2nd, and put it in 4th and wait for it to pick up lol.

but once again, i would like to say thanks to all the members at the show. you really all are a lovely bunch of people, and made me and mike feel very welcome. i really appreciate that, and i too cant wait for the next show, and aslong as i have enough jungle juice ching, then i shall be attending it aswell.

hopefully, mike will have my old cav (yolande), on the road before the RR day, and then we can have another cav for that. its 180miles from me to Bolton, but im not bothered, as its nothing compared to what the chap from scotland drove in the preface cav to get to PVS, and its good to see support like that!

oh, and first thing mike did was fit that handbrake + gearknob to his cav when we got home to his house lol.

thanks again to all of you for an amazing day!
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
Squig

Post by Squig »

HAIRIBO wrote:Squig even offered to stop around for me.... I told them all to go.
That's cos I'm great :D
HAIRIBO wrote:She isn't too bad on fuel. better than my Toyota 2litre believe it or not. But need to get my rev counter sorted and my trip computer chipped. As It says I managed an average of 37MPG LMAO and I can rev to well over 9k. and 70mph in fith is 5k even tho the engine is hardly ticking over. Hopefully I'll get all the niggles you get with an engine conversion sorted out.
I managed 39.5mpg, :D again...
HAIRIBO wrote:And thanks Keke for bringing the car which drew in the crowds to our stand.

Damn straight fella cheers Keke, you own an impressive motor mate ;)
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
sparzzy

Post by sparzzy »

because my wheels are not balanced. had to do 60 or over 90 so round trip of 280 miles trip showed average of 36.7 mpg. not bad at 90 mph with chipped ecu running let fuel rail on blues. will be doing my local BROMLEY PAGENT OF MOTORING this sunday .will take some flyers and hope to find some new members. will post some pics next tues. bye for now.
DRIVES 1990 CAV GSI also CARLTON GSI ,1960 thames pick up truck and works trucks and vans.
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

yeah I stayed still for a long time also, just decided to push the cav cause we were going that slow :lol:

Aye it was a heck of a drive but like iv said it was worth it, everyone was friendly etc. and some of you's managed to pick up my words from the accent :lol:

according to the trip computer I got 52.8mpg up the road :D gotta love cavaliers!
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I could understand you no probelm, the stupid young girl at the fish and chip stall had no idea what I was saying.

Me, "Hi can I have fishcake and chips please"

Her, "1 fish and chips"

Me, "no fish CAKE and chips"

her, "Wats one of them"

me, "fish cake, like you have advertised on that sign"

her, "fish Kay'ake?"

me, " yes fish cake"

her, "never heard of that"

me (pointing at them) "fish cakes!!!!!!!!!!!"

her, "ooooooooooooh, Fish Ca'hake!"

me, "yes fish cake!"

me under my breathe, ",,,,,,, You stupid ginger bitch,,,,,,,,,,!"
C30XE
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

lmfao classic :lol: i could understand you fine hun, what was wrong with the daft cow. Craig was harder to understand but i eventually i picked up his accent too. least it isnt as bad as mine, big scouse accent shouting when my ears popped listening to the jet car...........my god that hurt :lol: :lol:
Paul

Post by Paul »

But hey, where are both Daves cavs? :roll: :)
L reg Cav V6 in Lagoon Blue - will be kept and turned back to shape!
L reg Frontera 2.0i 8v in Flame Red - weekend Green Laning toy..

ɯnɹoɟ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ɯoɹɟ slɥʇ ǝloʇs l