VBOA '08

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

Squig

VBOA '08

Post by Squig »

Pitures to be posted when I get back in bolton on tuesday and can connect the camera... but I must say I'm very disapointed.

Please bear in mind I went to look for spares and autojumble fun but after setting off at 5:15am on 3 hours sleep and travelling 140 miles approximately (Dave did silly miles with a trailer south to north to south and back again! Hairibo I've got your kerb lights with me, call me buddy as I'm off work for 2 weeks), arrived at 8:45 and, without any maps of the place offered, we were told to park "somewhere people aren't camping"... on a campsite... :?
Anyway we found somewhere, parked up, and wandered over to the autojumble to find about 20 stands, some of these the usual Autoglym/VXR/etc big company stands.
Not very impressed at this point, very little of intrest as an auto jumble from a cav standpoint so spend several hours wandering among the campsite looking for the "rest of the stands"... the 'drome wasn't even put up, due to "delays". So grabbed a bacon butty, a cup of coffee and buggered off (after sorting a subscription to TV, spotting Lynz and Dougie saying a quick hello ((sorry if I was a little vague, 3 hours sleep will do that too you :D )), what can I say I had to buy something other than a new set of SRi skirts and a corsa haynes manual). Must say big thanks to Dave and Mike for meeting me at Leceister Forest Services and the entertainment provided when they spotted the mint mk3 red cav and we attempted hot pursuit, reasoning they, of any vauxhall on the road that day, would be heading toward Billing... unfortunatley Dave's trailer outsmarted us as we couldn't go over 60...ish... D'OH!
Mike, Dave and Emma rescued me as we'd forgotten the map, directions, postcode, etc, Dave and Mike stating they thought Billing was off the A45 and Emma using the internet on her mobile (for the first ever USEFUL time) to get the postcode and then a simple matter to stick it in the only navigation oriented kit we had. The Sat-Navs! The rest was smooth and steady going.

As a social club event I reckon this would be fantasic due to good camping facilities smooth fields and plently of space, looks very family friendly and some cracking club stands with some seriously tasty vaux related motors. Saw some very pretty Opel GT's which really tempted me and the Viva Drivers Club reminded me that I'd like a XE'd Viva too :D

In all disapointed, but good fun to meet Dave and Mike again, and lets face it trailer or no, two v6 cavs cruising convoy down the M1 is still a fun day out :D
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
FoxyCav

Re: VBOA '08

Post by FoxyCav »

i swear Billing gets worse Every year. i went in 05 with a club and it was great i bloody loved it, loads of autojumble, loads of things to do etc etc. went for a day with Gaz last year and it was a total shambles, flooded feilds, crap autojumble, clubs spaced milessssssssssssssss apart. ridiculous.Suppose if you spent all weekend on the funfair it woud be great but i went for car parts and to see the old Vauxhalls. MAJOR disappointment. Considering you have to "apply" to become a VBOA member and have a stand, i can imagine some clubs there will be sorely disappointed yet again, that Billing let them down again. :| :|
cav_2.0_gli

Re: VBOA '08

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

ahhh,
ive been trying to find this thread for agggggges haha.

to be honest, i was disappointed for a show that was hyped up in mags and through work of worth, but for me, i think the highlight of the day, was seeing Squig + Emma again, because they are such a great pair, and the text Squig sent me while we were in convoy down to the show on the M1 ' you do know the legal limit while towing is 60mph mate', and the best thing was, i had to follow squig at that point as my twatnav had given up the ghost for some reason, and he doing some what more than 60, and i was just like, damm, how the hell am i ment to follow you? lol. i did love that, travelling in convoy, it was just like the way back from PVS.

one of the highlights of the day for me, was probably waking Mike up in the morn thinking ' crap we're late' chucking some clothes on, running outside and attaching the trailer back up, and then driving down the street with a nice mug of warm brown in my hand, arriving at the services, and realising that i havent set the clock on my new phone yet, and that we were an hour early haha.
and then stopping off at some services, and Squig turning to me thinking i had the postcode for billing, and i turned to him thinking he had the postcode, turned out neither of us did, and then i spotted that mint red cav SRI, and we both just jumped straight back in cavs, and roared off, wheels spinning to try and find it, presuming it was heading to billing aswell haha.

all in all, i throughly enjoyed the convoy bit, and seeing Squig + Emma again, and i even managed to get a pair of SRI end caps for £5, and a brand new drivers foglight for £10 for mine, while Mike proceeded to load my trailer + boot up with a set of calibra leather seats, so i bet he was glad i brought the trailer with me now to the show haha.

was a shame really, i felt sorry for Squig+Emma who had travelled so far down, but thanks to you 2 for meeting up with me n Mike, and letting us follow you in convoy down, while i sat at 60....ish... with the trailer. to be fair though, you can't see the trailer in any of the mirrors, and it makes no difference to the acceleration of the cav, so the amount of times i forgot it was on the back, and started doing 60.........ish ish.... or accidently cutting someone up with it, i was just like ' woops my bad' haha.

can't wait for the next cavmk3oc day. i think we should have a day out somewhere or something like that in August?

how about a day on the coast?

thanks again Squig + Emma.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!