anyone fancy a club meet? camping/day on coast?

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

cav_2.0_gli

anyone fancy a club meet? camping/day on coast?

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

and i dont mean 'dogging' either!

would anyone be up for club meet, for like a day out somewhere? maybe to the coast of something?

not sure, just thought it would be a nice idea to get the club together again for some kind of day out.

or go camping somewhere for the weekend? im sure that wouldn't cost too much. about £10 per night per person at most campsites, + food + petrol. could go north wales or something like that?

could go for a drive along the coast somewhere? theres nothing better then emptying fuel tanks while admiring each others cav's and the views.

let me know if anyone would be interested in doing it. i think it would be great fun!
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
cav_2.0_gli

Re: anyone fancy a club meet? camping/day on coast?

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

my thoughts were:

1) spending a weekend in north wales, either camping or hiring out a farmhouse/challet for the weekend

there are some seriously amazing views etc in north Wales. i cant pass judgement on middle or south wales, as ive never been to any of these places, but i can vouch for the whole top coast. there is a lovely coastal drive from llandudno to the isle of anglesey we could do, i did that a few years ago as a passenger, and it was amazing.

2) spend the day on the coast somewhere ( skegness, wales, norfolk, brighton etc?)

i've worked out a rough coast for myself, if we decided to go away for a weekend to wales:

traveling costs: 150miles to llandudno from me in Bedfordshire - 300 miles in total, plus another 100 ish to go on a drive
400 miles total - cav averages 70miles to £10 - im looking at about £60 of fuel.

camping: £20 for the weekend
food: £15 for the weekend, + £15 beer lol.

so all in all, i recon it would cost about £100, for the weekend. obviously if theres more than 1 person in the car, then petrol costs can be shared

so if anyones interested, please get back to me asap.

cheers
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

You can count me in, be nice to meet up with everyone again and hopefully some new members :mrgreen:

dave will pm you later :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

FoxyCav wrote:You can count me in, be nice to meet up with everyone again and hopefully some new members :mrgreen:

dave will pm you later :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yay!

anyone else?

and does north wales sound good to you Anita?
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

right,

i think we're gona stick with wales, and either go camping, or rent a farmhouse/chalet for the weekend. i think it would be easier to go camping personally, as normally you have to book the farmhouses etc way in advance.

we would be looking to do this event in the next few weeks, probably start of August. i am free every weekend, so im totally flexible, so all i need to know is when people who are interested in this event, are free (what dates), so that we can set a date for this.

come on folks, this will be great. we can all meet up again (hopefully have new faces aswell), go on nice drives with great views, spend a weekend on different coasts/beaches in north wales, and just generally have a giggle.

so far its:

Me + Mike
Anita + Gaz

i think it will be a really good club event, and we can take some great pics of each others cavs in some beautiful backgrounds aswell.

if you're interested, reply to this topic, and let me know which weekends you would be free, as we need to set a date asap, so that i can book campsites etc.

ive got a list of all campsites + brochure of farmhouses for rent in wales from the local travel agents, which i picked up earlier, so il have a flick through and find some.

another thing i would need to know, is if anyones bringing a caravan or needs electric hook up, and i would need to find campsites with electric then.

come on folks, it'l be a great weekend away.

cheers
Squig

Post by Squig »

would suggest camping, not caravaning, for 2 reasons...
1. caravans and campers tend to get split up on campsites...
2. I'm not keeping pace with caravans on those roads, they are way too much fun! :D

Anglesey sounds good some nice views and a pleasant drive down the A55 with a tunnel halfway (listen out for the v6 convoy's moment to shine :lol: )

early august sounds good, you guys can see the new wheels in the flesh :D
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

I'd love too but costs - sorry too much at this time.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

right,

so far its:

Me + Mike
Squig + Emma
Anita + Gaz

anyone else?

it will either be the weekend of :

2nd + 3rd of August or 9th + 10th of August or 16th + 17th August

personally the 2nd n 3rd, or 16th/17th would be best for me, as i think the 9th/10th is the weekend when i need to drop off my mum at the airport as she's going away for a while.

come on folks, it will be brilliant! there will be amazing views and sights, and its guarenteed to be a right laugh aswell.
plus you get to listen to mine n Squig's cav V6's roaring thru the tunnels, that's got to be worth it alone ;) :D

i need to know ASAP who wants to come, so that i can find suitable campsites, and ring them up to make sure they are ok with us coming, and also so i can do some research into north Wales, to find any places that are worth going to, any tourist attractions etc. i know theres a really beautiful beach + cliff edges at Holyhead i think it is, but its definately on the Isle of Anglesey, and theres amazing roads to roar down on the way there aswell.

but seriously, i think this will be great fun. will be a great club event aswell. may not be anything like PVS or Billing, but its a great chance to get together as a club, have a laugh, see some amazing views, and to just generally enjoy ourselves.
oh, and see what our cavs are made of down some country lanes!! lol

we can find some good background spots, to take some club photo's of us lot and our cars aswell. il definately be taking my camera!

anyway, come on folks, it'l be a great time!
himselfunknown

Post by himselfunknown »

I'd be interested in this, depending on what dates you go for and how much it costs (I've almost bought a house so I'm not sure how finances will be over the next few months.

I'm currently free 2/3 Aug and 9/10 Aug. I'm at my sisters wedding on the 15/16 so I wouldn't be able to manage that. It would be nice to join in the fun as I'm not going to be able to afford a 'proper' holiday this year because of the house.

Plus it would be nice to add my contribution to the V6 section of the orchestra. :D
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

himselfunknown wrote:I'm currently free 2/3 Aug and 9/10 Aug.
the 2nd n 3rd is best for me aswell mate.

so by the looks of things, the date will the weekend of the 2nd n 3rd of August, which is 2 weeks time.

anyone else interested?

so far its:

Anita + Gaz
Squig + Emma
Me + Mike
and himselfunknown (possibly)

cheers
Squig

Post by Squig »

2/3rd works for me

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

Squig wrote:2/3rd works for me
alrighty,

the date is now set for the 2nd/3rd of August.

at the present minute, the people going are:

Anita + Gaz
Squig + Emma
Me + Mike
and himselfunknown (possibly)

does anyone else want to come? if so, please reply to this asap, so we can get your names down.

as i need to find suitable campsites, and arrange a time/place of meeting etc.

cheers
Dave
Squig

Post by Squig »

most southern/northern travellers would be best meeting at Queensferry services as most will probably come very close to these services.

cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

just to let people know.

ive booked the campsite now.

we will be meeting up at the 'Queensferry services' near Wrexham, at between 6-7pm ish. we shall be having our dinner there, at the little chef onsite.

from then on, we shall be departing, and heading over to the campsite on the Isle of Anglesey.
details of the campsite are as follows:

The Camp Site is in a superb location within an area of outstanding natural beauty with the highest mountain on Anglesey, Mynydd Bodafan just behind the site. There are panoramic views of the beach, countryside and the mountains of Snowdonia with many walks to suit all ages along with a nearby fishing lake

It is within easy reach of Lligwy Beach, and the local amenities of Moelfre and Benllech, Anglesey

The fields are 90% level with a number of electric hook up points, drinking water points in all fields along with disposal facilities for chemical / grey water waste

Caravan and Camping rallies are welcome - we have a large level field set aside for larger groups and rallies - this field has 8 hook ups
Male / Female toilets are provided with showers, sinks with hot and cold water, dish washing area - however we would point out that the toilet facilities are clean but basic (we are awaiting planning permission for new facilities)

We have a number of pets including donkeys, llamas, rheas, ponies, ducks, bantams, guinea fowls, cats and dogs - an added attraction for children
The large sandy beach at Lligwy is a major attraction for families with unspoilt sands and a gently sloping beach for safe bathing - Lligwy is only a couple of minutes in the car or about 15 to 20 minutes walk

so if anyone else wants to come, please PM no later than friday morning at 7.30am (when i check it before i go to work), and let me know if you are coming or not. i will PM you details of the campsite, if you wish to meet us there instead.

come on folks, it will be a right laugh!

many thanks
Dave