Eastern Region meet Sunday 25th August - Your Pics Here!

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Eastern Region meet Sunday 25th August - Your Pics Here!

Post by James McGrath »

Maracus wrote:The funny red cheese wedge shaped car.. Funky looking dash...

I'll have you know that's an Aston Martin Lagonda to you! ;)

Great picks.
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

James McGrath wrote:
Maracus wrote:The funny red cheese wedge shaped car.. Funky looking dash...

I'll have you know that's an Aston Martin Lagonda to you! ;)

Great picks.

You knew what car I meant though haha!!
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

humbucker wrote:Just looking through these pics again and what Paul (Colorado) says rings true - there is such a brilliantly diverse collection of Cavaliers in this club, each different to the next, and Sunday's outing seemed to prove that without a shadow of a doubt - from Marcus' heavily modified Turbo through Nick's plodmobile, Rage's GLS hatch and the stock CDs... I love this forum! :lol:

Definately true, I second that ... :thumb
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Where can I get some Cav Mk3 police decals? 8-) :) Need to keep up with appearances even if my paintwork isn't up to Eastern Reg "meet" standard (yet).
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
teamSlinky

Post by teamSlinky »

Looks like I missed a corker of a day there then!

Loving the random selection of 'WTF???' cars in the museum collection. I've always said if I was ever to open a museum I would do the same thing. Mixed with some actual nice cars too of course.

Loving the Carlton GSi, Carlton's always remind me of the day my day bought home a brand new 1992 Carlton Diplomat (in champagne gold of course). It lasted two weeks before it was stolen from our driveway in Luton and kindly dismantled at a nearby garage block.

Anyway, I digress.... A cav 4x4 8v huh? Who knew they ever existed? Certainly not me!

Interestingly the number plate on this Monza (?) backwards *almost* reads 'XE YOU'. It's like an interesting subliminal suggestion from the beast as it sits angrily in your rear view mirror. I like it.

Shout out goes to the Austin Allegro in the collection for keeping things ugly too. You can't have a collection without and Allegro you know.

Good shout on the Aston Martin Lagonda @humbucker, an unusual sight for sore eyes those. It's got something quite 'Stratos Zero' about it.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I thought you were going to point out the inclusion of Monty Burns on the plate haha! XE YOU, classic! Sounds like a pathetic insult.

Aye, 8v 4x4, one of the rarest Cavaliers now, designed for a market that didn't really exist (although popular with caravanners). Huge technological advancement of Vauxhall's 4x4 system, coupled with poverty spec trim. Hmn...

Then again, they can be bought cheap and turned into superb 4x4 V6 Autocross machines ;)

NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

With these 'Dark' long days still with us... Really nice to look back at these pic's

I hope 2014 brings some good gatherings :D
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

+1 :)