Eastern Region meet Sunday 6th Oct North Norfolk coastal run

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

Rage

Re: Eastern Region meet Sunday 6th Oct North Norfolk coastal

Post by Rage »

just had a look it's going to cost me £40 round trip in fuel plus food drinks and entry might be a bit tight for me my nova needs tax at the end of oct i'll see what wages i get so i have a rough idea of what funds im now getting (payrise :) ) and i'll work it out and hopefully see you there
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavalier342 wrote:I'm a possible, Humbucker. Just found out I've still got a months MOT left on the V6. (previous owner said it ran out this month). It's a week after next payday so chances are I should make it, but I'll confirm nearer the time. Snettisham would be ok for me, looks like it'll be M27, M3, and a fly past of Cambridge ;) 220 miles one way for me :thumb Possibility of meeting some of you en-route. Anyway I'll see how things go with finance and the V6, and will confirm if I'm definitely coming.
Nice one Andrei, you'd be more than welcome and you'd earn at least 1000 forum points for making the trip up! :lol: As you say, there are quite a few of us en-route, so hooking up as the procession gathers sounds like a good plan. The V6 will provide a nice cruise as well.
Rage wrote:just had a look it's going to cost me £40 round trip in fuel plus food drinks and entry might be a bit tight for me my nova needs tax at the end of oct i'll see what wages i get so i have a rough idea of what funds im now getting (payrise :) ) and i'll work it out and hopefully see you there
Understood fella, hope you can make it but keep us posted either way ;)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

humbucker wrote:The V6 will provide a nice cruise as well.
If I can get it tracked, replace track rod ends, brake fluid changed, and sort out the radiator fan all within a week, yes it will :D
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Rage

Post by Rage »

:wall looks like i'll be missing this one my novavan needs attention thanks to the cam pulley bolts working loose and destroying the head this morning my money now needs to go into my van to get it back on the road :wall

anyone know where i can get a replacement head for a 4ec1 1.5 diesel engine from?
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

I don't think I'll be talking the Diplomat now as it's booked in on the 3rd of October to have it's cracked windscreen and headlining sorted and don't know how long it's going to take.

I'll be there in one of them anyway.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavalier342 wrote:If I can get it tracked, replace track rod ends, brake fluid changed, and sort out the radiator fan all within a week, yes it will :D
Sounds like a challenge. Go!
Rage wrote::wall looks like i'll be missing this one my novavan needs attention thanks to the cam pulley bolts working loose and destroying the head this morning my money now needs to go into my van to get it back on the road :wall anyone know where i can get a replacement head for a 4ec1 1.5 diesel engine from?
Oh no! Perhaps a scrappy is your best bet, or you might find it easier to source a complete engine?
James McGrath wrote:I don't think I'll be talking the Diplomat now as it's booked in on the 3rd of October to have it's cracked windscreen and headlining sorted and don't know how long it's going to take. I'll be there in one of them anyway.
Good man!
Rage

Post by Rage »

well i've got the head off it now and ive got 4 bent valves and 2 smashed cam followers. going to an engine rebuild place in a minute to see what they say about it
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Unfortunately I can't make this one :tdown

Still have to get the MOT out of the way and a few other niggles, so gonna have to pass this one... Maybe another time.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Cavalier342 wrote:Unfortunately I can't make this one :tdown

Still have to get the MOT out of the way and a few other niggles, so gonna have to pass this one... Maybe another time.
Sorry to hear that Andrei, better luck next time. I might not be in the Turbo after all following this week's series of disasters on that front. We'll see!

So, confirmed list so far, for next Sunday's North Norfolk Coastal Run:

1) humbucker (Cavalier Turbo)
2) James McGrath (Cavalier Diplomat)
3) Maracus & Mrs Maracus (Cavalier Turbo)
4) NickSRi (Police spec Cavalier SRi)
5) Colorado & Mrs Colorado & Colorado Jnr (Cavalier CD)

Add your name to the list if you're coming!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I guess the order of distance and crossing each others paths is James McGrath and Nick SRi heading South East/West across towards Huntingdon then past Maracus then past me on to Snettisham. I think Paul Colorado might also be a 'meet there' kinda guy based on his location, but will let him declare his intention on that one. The museum is open 10am - 5pm with last admission at 4pm, so I guess we would want to be there 2/2.30ish? So perhaps if we all met around 10.30 at Snettisham then on to Hunstanton for a cuppa/ice cream, and take a leisurely cruise across to Wells for a spot of fish and chips by the seafront, then on to the museum? Something like that? Let me know what you think.

Unless I'm much mistaken, it might be sensible for James to head to Huntingdon and meet Nick SRi at Brampton Hut A14 services, then up the A141 to Warboys to meet Maracus, then continue up the A141/A47 and I can meet you all near Wisbech, then we carry on up the A47/A17 to Snettisham to meet Paul?

I'll put the feelers out now to see if anyone else is making the trip with us...
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

I'm nearly between a rock and a hard place getting my cavalier MOT ready, hoping to get it through this week but I'm being plagued with a management light issue and a wideband issue (still) I'm about to go out there and attack it one more time to try and get it ready for a test tomorrow afternoon but there's a possibility I might have to bring the Astra. (Boooooooo!!) it's got a turbo and so has the cav so on that basis its the closest thing I have lol
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

We're destined to fail Marcus haha! Turbo ownership and this meet don't seem to go hand in hand atm!

Looks like the weather is gonna be ace for SUNDAY though, sunshine and a light breeze forecast all day. Bingo by jingo!
planetc

Post by planetc »

humbucker wrote:We're destined to fail Marcus haha! Turbo ownership and this meet don't seem to go hand in hand atm
What you need is a nice cheap 1.8LS auto, lol
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

humbucker wrote:
Looks like the weather is gonna be ace for Saturday though, sunshine and a light breeze forecast all day. Bingo by jingo!

Don't you mean.. Sunday ? Has the day changed...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

No no you're quite right, Sunday, typo on my part! :oops:
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

original post updated and fired out to regional members. please spread the word to any cavalier owners in case i've missed them off of the distribution list.

Add your details to the following confirmed list if you're planning to join us: :)

1) humbucker (Cavalier Turbo)
2) James McGrath (Cavalier Diplomat)
3) Maracus & Mrs Maracus (Cavalier Turbo)
4) NickSRi (Police spec Cavalier SRi)
5) Colorado & Mrs Colorado & Colorado Jnr (Cavalier CD)
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I can't make it ad I will be in Kidderminster that day. But, I look forwards to the photos - have a good time y'all!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Maracus

Post by Maracus »

My cavalier is almost definitely not going to be ready now.. Just not enough hours in the day to begin with, now I'm having phone troubles which needs to take priority as I cannot call, text or use Internet. And yes the bills been paid lol! Either 02 have had a system meltdown, or I have a hardware problem! So now I've gotta spend the rest of forever rocking in the corner of a dark room as my phones nackered!

But on the plus side, ill be bringing my Astra.. Nothing fancy in that, but ill have some 5 ltr pots of gm's "opticlean" rolling about in the boot.. So if anyone wants one, ill be selling one or two pots.. Ill also have a GM 10w40 semi 5 ltr with be as well (again lol)
Don't eat too many mushrooms... Else you won't have 'mush-room' for anything else!!! Hahahaha
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Hoorah! Propshaft removed from my car, and therefore the knackered centre bearing removed. We're up and running again (albeit in front-wheel drive mode!). I'm so pleased as Mrs Humbucker is away this weekend meaning that I would have had no car to bring with me at all and potentially no way of getting to the meet point. Problem solved!

Anyway, is there a convoy? I was thinking Huntingdon > Wisbech > Snettisham depending on who is going to be arriving from which direction? My logic suggests A1/A14 Brampton Hut for NickSRi and anyone coming from the South / South West, then along the A141 to Warboys-ish to add Marcus and Tina to the crew, then continue along the A141/A47 and I'll drive down to Wisbech to meet you, then we head on to Snettisham? Am really excited about this one, despite the fact that some of our dedicated contingent have had to pull out (you'll be missed Mr Rage / IanGSi).

Whassssa plan? James, where does your route take you?
NickSRi

Post by NickSRi »

I can meet at Brampton Hut... Will be 9am though. I can't get away any earlier than 8.30am from Home
Rage

Post by Rage »

ahhh feel all smooshy now lol.

i'm sure you guys will be thinking of me slaving on my nova, possibly fabricating the exhaust thanks to cr@p suppliers, while you have you fish and chips :cry might have to bring the nova to a meet lol that will be a random one
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Well the Diplomat is all ready thankfully, this will be it's first club meet!

My route takes me along the A21 > M25 > M11 > A11 > A14 > A142 > A10

I probably go fairly close to your house Dan if you want to go in convoy from there.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

James McGrath wrote:Well the Diplomat is all ready thankfully, this will be it's first club meet!

My route takes me along the A21 > M25 > M11 > A11 > A14 > A142 > A10

I probably go fairly close to your house Dan if you want to go in convoy from there.
Hmmn. Just a thought, but if you carry on up the M11 (drive past the A11 exit), drive straight over the Cloverleaf interchange at Girton (J14 where the M11 ends and automatically becomes the A14), you're only about two junctions from the Spittals Interchange exit at Huntingdon, which is two miles on from Nick SRi's suggestion of Brampton Hut. In this instance you could meet Nick at the Shell garage at Huntingdon (exit Spittals on to the A141 signposted March) instead of Brampton Hut and then join Marcus and Tina, and in turn me, on the suggested route? Not sure if that would be many more miles but would almost certainly be faster roads (A14 and M11 being dual carriageway). Then again, if I'm wildly out, you could stick to your route, head up the A10 to where the A149/A10/A47 meet and we could meet you at one of the retail parks on that roundabout? You are, of course, more than welcome to drive direct to me and enjoy a cuppa while we wait for the others if you wanna get here early haha!
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

humbucker wrote:Hmmn. Just a thought, but if you carry on up the M11 (drive past the A11 exit), drive straight over the Cloverleaf interchange at Girton (J14 where the M11 ends and automatically becomes the A14), you're only about two junctions from the Spittals Interchange exit at Huntingdon, which is two miles on from Nick SRi's suggestion of Brampton Hut. In this instance you could meet Nick at the Shell garage at Huntingdon (exit Spittals on to the A141 signposted March) instead of Brampton Hut and then join Marcus and Tina, and in turn me, on the suggested route? Not sure if that would be many more miles but would almost certainly be faster roads (A14 and M11 being dual carriageway).

It adds an extra 30 miles and 40 minuets but it may be the best opinion.
humbucker wrote:You are, of course, more than welcome to drive direct to me and enjoy a cuppa while we wait for the others if you wanna get here early haha!
Where is your house in relation to my route? Might be easier for me.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

James McGrath wrote:It adds an extra 30 miles and 40 minutes but it may be the best opinion.

Where is your house in relation to my route? Might be easier for me.
Ah in that case perhaps I shouldn't have meddled and your original route might be best if my suggestion adds 40 mins on to your journey. Meeting at the A10/A149/A47 junction might be the best bet. I will text you my postcode to see if you wanna head here first anyway.