our camping trip to Wales!

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

cav_2.0_gli

our camping trip to Wales!

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

howdo,

Squig, Emma, Me, Mike + Mikes mate went on friday night, until today, on a camping trip to the isle of Anglesey, Wales.

firstly, i would like to give a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to Squig + Emma, for being absolute legends this weekend, i had an absolute blast, and can't wait to go camping again!!

i set off from work at 3pm, and arrived at the campsite at 10pm. total of 290miles there, and 260 back (to my house, and not from my work)

i absolutely loved the drive down, went through the derby countryside, and then into wales. i got lost due to a road closure in derby, and some crazy lady, who gave me directions, said, and i quote' oh im a crazy lady in my PJ's picking blackberries at 8pm'. made me LOL haha. we enjoyed singing to what ever crap was on the radio at the time lol.

we met up with Squig + Emma at aroudn 8.30pm at the Queensferry services, and then we headed over to Wales, and towards our campsite.

all i can say is, i was absolutely gobsmacked at how beautiful Wales was, i had completely forgotten just how gorgous the views were along the A55. absolutely stunning!!!!

anyway, heres a few pics of my cav on the way there, and of the derbyshire countryside:

heres some pics of the cars at the campsite, and the views from the campsite itself, which may i add, were also stunning, as we were overlooking the beach + local villages/hills:

here's my cav, and Emma's Tigra at the campsite:

and heres us lot at the campsite:

Squig attacking me with his bacon:

the weather on Saturday was lovely, really sunny + hot, just what we needed really. we went to some sort of nature reserve on the south coast part of Anglesey, which i'd been to before, and it was beautiful. after that, we drove over to a 'viking' event, which i will let Squig explain, as he know's more about it than me lol.

for the majority of the weekend, i had constant moist feet, due to my shoes absorbing the dampness of grass in the morning, like a sheet of bounty, which annoyed me., oh, and me and Emma developed a fondness of the word 'Moist' which i proceeded to use at every possible time lol.

here's a few pics of us driving back today:

the only time it rained, was thankfully on the way home today, which was good, as it gave my cav a wash lol.

anyway, i shall wait for Squig's write up of the trip, along with his pics, as theres quite a few times where i forgot my camera :( lol. we are planning to do more events like this, as its bloody good fun, and not to expensive on the pocket either, i did a total of something like 650miles, and i spent a total of £100 on petrol, £27 on the camping for the weekend, and then about £10 on food, which was split between me n Mike, so roughly £65 for the weekend each, and it was worth every penny!

sorry for a pants write up, i am shattered today, i have been driving pretty much straight since about 9.30am til 5.30pm, so il add bits below once ive had a good nights kip! all in all though, it was an excellent weekend, and i had an amazing time, and seriously can't wait til the next cavmk3oc event!

and once again, i seriously can't thank you Squig + Emma enough for such a brilliant weekend, you 2 are an absolute pair of legends!

enjoy.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
branny361

Re: our camping trip to Wales!

Post by branny361 »

good write up and cool pics

great place wales, even though a lot take the mick out of it , where did you stay on anglesea? and did you visit the track the "fifth gear team use?"
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
Squig

Post by Squig »

Never mind thanks to us you guys were great, and cheers for letting me drive your cav on Saturday, Dave. :D

Costs £130; fuel £40, camping £27 (priced per pitch for two nights), £13 on the Viking Festival and the Nature Reserve Beach (more later on that), £37 on food, odds and sods, and a can opener (then we found all the tins had ring pulls, D'oh!), and £13 on brekkie at Little Chef on the way home. :D

After meeting Dave, Mike and Badger (other Dave) at Chester services (thankfully the local landfill was upwind and the wait for Dave et al to arrive was pleasant... except two idiots in corsas, titting about in the car park), we jumped on the motorway and cruised on to Wales, Anglesey, and our campsite...

Dave's V6 eating the miles - foglights are on for the picture only :D

Again in artsy-farsty version

Love the fact you can clearly make out the tigga, we like shiney

I love starting these trips :P

Some of the views along the way

On arrival all was well and the donuts went around

After a late night, mainly due to gabbing, we jumped up at 8:30am and breakfasted, then, after a hunt for milk and other necessaries, and a chat to our neighbours (who tipped us off as to the things going on) we went to the beach, me driving and man it felt good to be in a cav again (cheers again Dave), we loitered in the sun for a few hours then pottered to the Amlswch Viking Festival...

The view on exiting the tent in the morning

How low does this look :D

The tigga in all it's glory

Hey a guy taking a picture of a guy taking a picture ;)

The beach, it was sunnier than this, generally, but we had a few cloudy moments

I call this "The Ramblers"

Windswept Emma

Windswept Dave

Yes we found it, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogeryychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch... and breathe...

When we arrived at the festival we found a fairly large crowd and a period tent village, with several examples of things being made the old ways we got there as the mock battle was starting and stayed to watch, there was a boat burning and fireworks later too but we got hungry so we wandered back, proper all day out fun...

Nothing like watching grown men bash the stuffing out of one another :D

The campsite had Llamas and Donkeys and other animals :? , not sure why but it was cool :D ...

Llama-face, llama-face

Meanwhile back at the camp...

Burning my eyes!!!
Face-pulling moment :)

Emma being disgusting :lol:

The next morning as Dave said the weather started cloudy and proceeded directly to rain...

Some on the return

The weather for the most part

Retro cool...

Just very, very, very cool...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Squig

Post by Squig »

No Branny we didn't... they had a race on, have to leave something for next time :D
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

ooooh,
found all these pics i'd forgotten i'd taken lol:

boshank.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!