Simply Vauxhall @ Beaulieu 2015 photos

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

James McGrath
Club Admin

Simply Vauxhall @ Beaulieu 2015 photos

Post by James McGrath »

I think it's safe to say that this year was a bit damp at Beaulieu.

The journey there wasn't much fun:

Though by the time we arrived the weather had cleared a little and we were able to have a good yarn and catch up with our fellow club members:

A few new additions to the collection this year.
Elvis Presley's last car:

Think I'll go here next time I need to fill up:

Some old favourites:

While we were there one of the museum custodians gave a talk about keeping the collection running and even started up this lovely 1914 Rolls-Royce Alpine Eagle:

Amazing how smooth and quiet it was, you could hardly hear it ticking over. Started up so easily too:

Takes a brave Viva indeed to venture out in this weather:

By the time we left the museum we were the last ones standing.
These two are practically twins:

Took some nice shots in the brief spell of sun we got on the way home:

Despite the weather, it was still a day well spent.
Great to see and chat to everyone who attended and a big thanks to Ian for arranging it.
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Simply Vauxhall @ Beaulieu 2015 photos

Post by humbucker »

I must get down to the next one of these events. Who is who (aka which car belongs to which forum member!) in this picture?

Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Thanks for sharing the pics James. Pity the weather was horrid and us two locals (Mike and me) had car woes that day!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

humbucker wrote:I must get down to the next one of these events. Who is who (aka which car belongs to which forum member!) in this picture?
From right to left I think it's Iangsi then corey, really sorry to whoever it was but I'm not sure about the one in the middle, and then it was Me in the Diplomat and my father Mike in the CD manual.

DiplomaXE and tonyo were there too, just not in Cavaliers.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

The modified red cav in the middle belongs to John Robinson, he's a mate of Mike. I don't think he's 'in the club' yet.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Yep middle one is Johns, he is on the forum but doesn't post much.......

Thought as only 5 managed to make it that maybe you'd take the time to say hello to others and find out their names to be honest, this was johns opinion too after the previous years where he has been on our stand and no one has bothered to say hello either, doesn't take a lot does it guys really!?

I was gutted to miss the show, I shot the input shaft on route and ended up being recovered by the Rac!! Great walk in the pouring rain for a phone signal too!!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Mikebmth wrote:Yep middle one is Johns, he is on the forum but doesn't post much.......

Thought as only 5 managed to make it that maybe you'd take the time to say hello to others and find out their names to be honest, this was johns opinion too after the previous years where he has been on our stand and no one has bothered to say hello either, doesn't take a lot does it guys really!?
I think that's a little harsh. I honestly spoke to everyone there that I saw and I'm very sorry that I missed someone.
We're all quite a friendly bunch and we'd never exclude anyone deliberately.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Well looks like it was a quiet one this time for the Mk3 line up, I guess there are less and less now out and about. I really enjoyed the 2 times that I made it, but it looks like I won't be attending ever again. Shame about the woes of the day for those who had troubles, and good work with the photos to James.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...