The scottish car show, ingliston, this sunday

Invite fellow members and their Mk3 Cavaliers to forthcoming events. Place your event photos here!

Moderator: James McGrath

ilovedmymantas

The scottish car show, ingliston, this sunday

Post by ilovedmymantas »

http://www.scottishcarshow.com/

Open to single entrants too, anyone going/showing?
I'll be visiting this time, not been for a few years
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
ilovedmymantas

Re: The scottish car show, ingliston, this sunday

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Just me then :lol:

It's been a while but the show's changed. No cage ball with motorbikes, no big movie props (vehicle from judge Dredd last time, land speeder this time).
With VBOA vaux/opels were scarce to the point of no existence!
The pics were from my phone, I charged 2 batteries for the camcorder so I could take vid and stills then forgot to lift it :roll:

A mk2 cavalier calibre - *snap* :lol:

A nice astra gte

I ignored the modern stuff on the Vauxhall stand because I spotted a couple of cavalier rears across the pitch, or was I wrong?

Turns out they're both cavs badged as opels. I'll say no more.

Mods & sods later......

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

A couple of nice clean examples.
Funny how all Mk2 Cavalier Calibras appear to be the same combination of red and black. :P

Amazing the difference between standard and GSi Cavaliers when they are sat side by side. Although yours are both variations on the GSi theme.
I had one photo on my VBOA post with two burgundy cavs together. They look like two totally different beasts.

Not always a fan of the bonnet-up shots as you cannot see the car in a nice clean profile.

Credit to those for the engine detailing, but it ruins the shot in my uneducated opinion.

Nice to see some cars with indeviduality and personality.
Dread to think what car shows will be like in 20 years, with row upon row of bland plastic encased, electric powered euro-boxes. :roll:

I have to confess that when I read the title a week or so ago, I thought it said Islington (as in the London borough).
Completely screwed my head up wondering why you would have a Scottish car show in London. :scratch

Blimey I am daft sometimes, ha ha. :lol:

Preparing myself for the "mods" pictures.
I have a feeling these are may not be subtle...
hopefully not to the grotesque carved up levels of the drift style, body kit heavy, Japanese concoctions of the 80s and 90s.

As for sods... well not an issue.
Looking forward to the pictures. :thumb
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

You're right! I've never seen a mk2 calibra in anything but red & black.

I see what you mean about the differences, I noticed it a bit when I was selling my sri and parked the new :scratch & old together

Bonnet down every time for me, much more pleasing to the eye.
If an engine's that clean it's not being driven enough. Where's the enjoyment in that :lol:

I like that " little bit different", It's natural to personalise your car :scratch

20 years time? Maybe by then some diehard will have saved enough to buy a 1st generation electric car complete with killer auto-drive, and re-shell it as a cav :lol:

I was blind to most of the modern cars and japanese (apart from 1 I didn't recognise, thought in was a cube), must be getting old!

In no particular order....
1928 ford roadster

buick

Toyota steering wheel, not familiar with the badge

interesting cooling method

a few rods
a couple of minis

and finally, a morris minor wrapped round a corvette engine

I wonder how much original car you need to keep the vin plate :scratch

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

The box like blue car is a Toyota BB Sport.
It can have three or four different badges depending which country it is built for.

A bit like our cars bearing the Vauxhall griffin... in other countries it could be badged with the Opel flash, the Holden lion or GMC / GM / Chevrolet or even Cadillac (in the case of the Omega) in the Americas.

The red mini thing is just vile, but hey ho it is their car to modify to their own taste.
(Or lack of taste) :roll:

And that Minor like car has the front end of one of those Indian car manufacturer's type jalopies.