Mikes 2.0 Gls

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
vauxhallnutter

Re: Mikes 2.0 Gls

Post by vauxhallnutter »

Looks good from the pics mike, a lot cheaper than having the roof painted. It goes nice with the colour of the car.
Mark
Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club - the friendly club
http://www.vodc.co.uk
VBOA Members
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

vauxhallnutter wrote:Looks good from the pics mike, a lot cheaper than having the roof painted. It goes nice with the colour of the car.
Thanks, still getting used to it but once smoked deflectors are on it should look pretty cool I reckon, now just to sort the alloys and the ever growing list of jobs I want to finish.... :lol:
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Having now seen it in the flesh, I can say it looks ok, matches the rear panel and the dark colour of the car itself.. Also I must have a magic touch or something but as we were looking over the car, Mike suddenly realized that his map lights started working again...... Something about that motor is out of this world.... :lol:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Looks good :) get some pics of the edges up :)
Who done it?
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote:Looks good :) get some pics of the edges up :)
Who done it?
Edges are properly tucked pal behind seals etc, really is a decent job...

Done by R&A Custom Wraps in Southbourne

Link: https://www.facebook.com/rrandaacustoms/timeline

More pics on their Facebook page of my car pre and post wrap...
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote: Also I must have a magic touch or something but as we were looking over the car, Mike suddenly realized that his map lights started working again...... Something about that motor is out of this world.... :lol:
Nope knew they were working a week or two ago pal, you're just as ordinary as the rest of us im afraid....Just about anyway :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's ok, I placed something inside your trunk before you left anyway, see if you can guess what it is :p
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:That's ok, I placed something inside your trunk before you left anyway, see if you can guess what it is :p
Know its not the exhaust gasket... :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Keep guessing.....
Previous:

iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Mikebmth wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote:That's ok, I placed something inside your trunk before you left anyway, see if you can guess what it is :p
Know its not the exhaust gasket... :lol:

Something that's going to smell rely bad in a couple of days :sick
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

iangsi wrote: Something that's going to smell rely bad in a couple of days :sick
Knowing Andrei it would not surprise me.....Had a butchers though and cannot find anything!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mikebmth wrote:
iangsi wrote: Something that's going to smell rely bad in a couple of days :sick
Knowing Andrei it would not surprise me.....Had a butchers though and cannot find anything!!

Sorry I didn't mean trunk, I meant rear seat.
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote: Sorry I didn't mean trunk, I meant rear seat.
Nevermind huh, had the car valeted on Thursday so all nastys gone...

Meant to do the deflectors etc this weekend but just cannot be bothered, such a rubbish week at work I need some rest..
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Well its been a while huh....

Have not really been around due to ill health I have been trying to keep busy with other things and have just got back from a chillax down in sunny Cornwall for a few days, unfortunately the car has suffered from not spending any time on her but as the old ugly problems rear their head I am out of funds so just trying to hold her together for the time being.

I have a knocking issue now especially on a right hand turn which I first was aware of on route to the Beaulieu Simply Vauxhall show with the Cavmk3oc convoy, since then I had a blat up to Surrey too and something just does not feel right as the handling is not what it was and I actually backed off on the motorways which is rare for me as do have a lead right foot!!

Exhaust is still knackered and still need to get around to crawling under it at some point very soon but time is not my friend of late due to work and personal issues.

Also just noticed I had not updated this in ages and also just realised I have not pics taken either bar one taken by Dave (lowriderdave) at Beaulieu this year so will add that and get some more pics soon..

Still not got around to fitting my 16" imolas yet either and with current suspension related issues think they'll be sitting in my garage at work for a while yet as also not 100% sure they'll give the look I want on the car.

Lots still to do but lacking enthusiasm and money at the moment so just driving as and when required and hoping something doesnt go bang soon!
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Get your balls checked... Got a lower ball joint you can have...
My list is building up aswel... You will never own a car that doesn't need something.... Lol

Need to have a meet and fix to get people motivated...
And some work done lol

Looking good in pics though mate :)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Yes! Many hands and suddenly no project is too big! I still have a ball joint that you gave me Chris, believe it will fit all Cavaliers.
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote:Get your balls checked...
Done, doctor said I am fine.... :lol:

Hayward691 wrote:Need to have a meet and fix to get people motivated...And some work done lol

Agreed mate, got to be done soon! Maybe a Sunday thing but not at bloody Seaview!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mikebmth wrote:
Hayward691 wrote:Get your balls checked...
Done, doctor said I am fine.... :lol:

Hayward691 wrote:Need to have a meet and fix to get people motivated...And some work done lol

Agreed mate, got to be done soon! Maybe a Sunday thing but not at bloody Seaview!!

Why not? It's perfect, it's local, get the work done on your motors, get a bacon roll, and go dogging all in one afternoon....
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:

Its local for you, im 6 miles away and Chris is even further!!

Plan of action I think is too replace Track rod ends and front shocks along with lower arms and any bushes that seem past their best, just have to try and find the money to get the bits together!!

Took some pics yesterday, oooooo shiny!!

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Mini update as just ordered some parts from Vaux Spares......

So:
  • N/s wishbone as reckon its knackered after hitting a sunk drain ages ago at about 60mph
    Track Rod ends both sides
    Top Mounts
They didn't have any Cv joints and last Anti Roll Bar links I bought online were wrong so local motor factors will be used if it needs them, plan on striping out the Kyb shocks as one is proper knackered as suspension doesnt even move if you try to bounce it, replacing with G-max short shocks and same springs so should be around -40mm give or take.

Can't really afford it but hey, needs doing and not enjoying the drive at the moment and have had some fun in this car so not going to give up yet!!

Oh near forgot to mention I span it 2 weeks ago in the wet pushing too hard, near shat myself to be honest!! Cavs and wet weather just don't mix!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Done that before! :lol: Scary init! Had the old blue hatchback going sideways across 2 lanes once on approach to a roundabout at 50 ish when some door knob driver decided to fly around the roundabout at the very last second.... Still don't know how I didn't hit anything.....
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:Done that before! :lol: Scary init! Had the old blue hatchback going sideways across 2 lanes once on approach to a roundabout at 50 ish when some door knob driver decided to fly around the roundabout at the very last second.... Still don't know how I didn't hit anything.....
Yep it was very much like.....

Ooooooooh sh*t here comes the Armco!!

Nope got it!!

Oh no I haven't, big ditch coming on opposite side of the road!!

Managed to catch it briefly then span it ending up facing oncoming traffic outside of the pub we have the regional meet at on that big left hander!!

Learnt my lesson now....

Vauxhall Cavalier + Water on the road = Bloody Lethal!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Spinning your car outside a pub doesn't look very good!!
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Spinning your car outside a pub doesn't look very good!!
Well if the police had of turned up I could of said I didn't even make it to the pubs access road....Lmfao :lol:
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

I span my first cav into a barrier at 65... No problemo :)

I've used gmax many times on cavs... Loved the ride!!!