Andrei's V6 project

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Cavalier342

Re: Andrei's V6 project

Post by Cavalier342 »

Cheers mate. Ye, they came with my auto when I bought it, so I presume after 92 or 93 they had the ones you mentioned. Mine are the rubbery ones. Metal brackets are a bit annoying as they are warped and rusty, other than that they're not bad.

Had to trim the nearside one due to the size of the V6 back box!! :lol: It physically wouldn't fit otherwise!
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

All good - more thought required when it comes to prep work though Andrei
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

You're telling me! :lol:
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Cavalier342 wrote:Cheers mate. Ye, they came with my auto when I bought it, so I presume after 92 or 93 they had the ones you mentioned. Mine are the rubbery ones.

I'm not entirely sure when it happened. I think it was after the Cavalier went out of production actually. Vauxhall essentially stopped making them and started making the plastic ones instead. You can still buy the plastic ones from Vauxhall I think.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Cavalier342 wrote:You're telling me! :lol:
Yes I am :thumb
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Metallicav

Post by Metallicav »

Looks good with the mudflaps on, I might have to source a set for the L
James McGrath wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote:Cheers mate. Ye, they came with my auto when I bought it, so I presume after 92 or 93 they had the ones you mentioned. Mine are the rubbery ones.

I'm not entirely sure when it happened. I think it was after the Cavalier went out of production actually. Vauxhall essentially stopped making them and started making the plastic ones instead. You can still buy the plastic ones from Vauxhall I think.
My N reg td has the plastic ones on the front and they seem to be original to the car but I'm sure it was July or August printed on the back of the original door cards, so maybe introduced late in the cavaliers life? Although they could have been added by dealership when it was sold in (mid?) 1996.
Also the plastic ones are £64 from Vauxhall iirc
Glacier White 92 16SV Cavalier L
Glacier White 95 16V Cavalier Sri

Jungle Green Vectra b Sri Estate Daily
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Metallicav wrote:Looks good with the mudflaps on, I might have to source a set for the L
Cheers. I drove earlier when it was torrential and I saw hardly any spray out the back... Certainly does the trick. :thumb Think I got the height just right as well, in the middle where I was aiming for.
Previous:

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Laying up on the drive at the moment until I get her MOT tested... Nothing has changed with regard to cosmetic or performance stuff...
Previous:

Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Well seeing as some owners are actually getting round to posting up their progress, I thought I'd add some photos, nothing special, just had a bit of a rear-end clean up today. Lamb Of God CD in the stereo, and cracked on with it. Only a few pictures as I wasn't bothered about taking loads.

Decided to clean out the top half of the windscreen washer reservoir, didn't realize they are in 2 parts but that's what you find once you start digging. No way in hell was I going to remove the bumper and wheel arch trim to get to the bottom half, that can stay there...

Stripped the trunk out to check for any obvious water ingress/corrosion/things that shouldn't be there, etc.

All looked fairly clean and very dry.

As always, found a derelict white plug in the rear tailgate panel, with what I presume is the loom for the towbar electrics.

Usual manky shit hidden in the tail lights and the rear license plate illumination light, etc.

Gave everything a general clean up and hoover. Used an old toothbrush to scrape up the bits of dirt from the corners and edges and followed with the nozzle from the vacuum.

Gave the license plate light lens a seeing to with P2000 wet and dry, managed to get some of the yellow sun staining out, not brilliant but I'll look for a replacement anyway at some point.

Unblocked the elephant trunk as well, there was a pool of water around the heater fan cowling, luckily the seal held up and not a drop got through to the wrong side, I swiftly dealt with that, and tidied up a couple of other bits.

If or when I actually get it back on the road, there will be a massive update.
Previous:

TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Thats looking nice and rot free in there.
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote: If or when I actually get it back on the road, there will be a massive update.
Hopefully in time for Beaulieu?? If you putting it back on the road or selling her on..
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Time will tell to be fair, just have to see how things go.
Previous:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

No way in hell was I going to remove the bumper and wheel arch trim to get to the bottom half, that can stay there...
If you jack up the front nearside quarter, you can reach the bottom half of the washer bottle. It's held in place by a bracket and bolt. They're a good design. I had the two-part bottle on my CDX and on Turbo #1, whereas Turbo #2 has the single upper reservoir. Turbo #3 also had a two-part setup, and I'll be robbing that to use in Turbo #2's engine bay. Much tidier.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

humbucker wrote:
No way in hell was I going to remove the bumper and wheel arch trim to get to the bottom half, that can stay there...
If you jack up the front nearside quarter, you can reach the bottom half of the washer bottle. It's held in place by a bracket and bolt. They're a good design. I had the two-part bottle on my CDX and on Turbo #1, whereas Turbo #2 has the single upper reservoir. Turbo #3 also had a two-part setup, and I'll be robbing that to use in Turbo #2's engine bay. Much tidier.

Thanks, never thought of that... Knowing me I probably have seen it and not realized before...
Previous:

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

humbucker wrote:

:thumb
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Well she's on the way back with 5853moore, to a good home. Hopefully we'll see it under new ownership soon on here, keep an eye out.
Previous:

Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Well done on the sale and nice to see it being kept 'in the family'!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Indeed, that's all I ever wanted.
Previous:

Cavalier Superfan

Post by Cavalier Superfan »

Let's hope that Michael keeps us up to date with whatever the future may hold for the car :)
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Michael should keep you all informed, just sold him a pas pump for it
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Good stuff, I'm glad it's gone to someone who is determined to keep it alive.
Previous:

cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

That is a cracking V6 saloon, very nice, hope it stays in good nick and standard :) not slammed!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I can understand that everyone has their own view on their personal projects, but I do agree with you, she is a rare one and would be lovely if kept clean and original.
Previous:

5853moore

Post by 5853moore »

Hi all only a quick few pictures but she still very much alive.

So far ive done the following:

Complete new exhaust
Completely undersealed
Leather interior
New shocks and springs,and bushes. (not fitted)
New cambelt and waterpump
New pas pump
full service
new rocker gaskets
new wings

I have a gsi kit here for her which i will get round to sorting when funds allow.
Shes in this friday for three patches of welding and an mot i hope she passes. On the hold shes a good solid(ish) motor. She will be kept alive. I have poured easy 7/800 pound in to her so far. I still need to sort out a few bits and bobs. There's a few wiring bits i need to sort and tidy up. That's all folks:

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

The snowflakes suit it. Now you need LOWS!