Time warp mk3 cavalier l!

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Travellingchef

Time warp mk3 cavalier l!

Post by Travellingchef »

Good evening all
My first post thanku for having me!
After 5 years of BMW ownership I decided I missed my old cavalier gsi /calibra redtop and set about looking for an affordable project after my trusty 2001 5 series died.
On Sunday I spotted a remarkably tidy j reg 1.8 l on eBay with 74000 miles on clock .just up the road from me in Cambridge.
Picked it up yesterday.im astonished by how clean the old girl is and how well maintained its been.i have got 10 receipts for oil changes and every MOST dating back to 1994.it even has the original working grindig stereo and original wheel trims.the blue velour interior is also immaculate.the only marks I can see are a small scab on rear driver's arch,a tiny one on fuel filler and a all hole in headlining .
It's been owned by a lovely old chap who is something of a retro Vauxhall enthusiast and he has maintained it mechanically with an almost OCD level of care.
I'll upload some pics tomorrow.
It's not really the cav I was after.i wanted a saloon preferably an Sri but this was too good to say no!
cavalier1990

Re: Time warp mk3 cavalier l!

Post by cavalier1990 »

Sounds good, like the sound of the fastidious previous owner, looking forward to seeing pics of it :)

Andy
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Dependent upon your budget and disposition, although you cannot convert from hatch to saloon, it is possible to retro fit / convert to SRi specification parts.

Parts are getting more scarse - both new and second hand, but if you keep searching long enough, you should find most of what you need.
There are always "new old stock" parts being discovered and then sold on.

By the way - welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing what Cavalier related plans you are cooking up.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Sounds like a keeper to me, even if it's not the one you wanted.

I'm guessing that it's the carb 1.8 and not injection?
If so they are quite a bit rarer, actually a bit faster and more economical than the later fuel injected 1.8
They can also take advantage of high octane fuel via a switchable RON plug in the engine bay.
Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

Definitely a keeper I looked at 3 Cavaliers before I found a good solid one and one of them was like a swimming pool inside :o
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine