Mikes 2.0 Gls

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Cavalier342

Re: Mikes 2.0 Gls

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mikebmth wrote:I can start spending some money on other bits I want for the car!!
Petrol :lol:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote: Petrol :lol:
True mate, very true :thumb
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mike, those alloys that you gave me, I cleaned one of them today, on the inside of the rim, found the word Mangels. So it looks like that's the name of the company that made them. Tried browsing everywhere, couldn't find them anywhere. I was mainly searching for the center cap. Found loads of other Mangels wheels, but they were mostly 15"'s and up. Gonna have a heck of a time finding it :lol:
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:Mike, those alloys that you gave me, I cleaned one of them today, on the inside of the rim, found the word Mangels. So it looks like that's the name of the company that made them. Tried browsing everywhere, couldn't find them anywhere. I was mainly searching for the center cap. Found loads of other Mangels wheels, but they were mostly 15"'s and up. Gonna have a heck of a time finding it :lol:
Why do you think I got rid of them :lol:

Bar them shattering my knuckle and causing me agony ever since :cry:

Maybe look up the manufacturer and send them a pic of the alloy and centre cap, a lot of those kinda companies carry back stock for years, or find a 15" one and modify the centre cap to fit???
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye might do that mate. To be honest 15" and 14" wheels might even have the same caps, it's only the spokes that are longer. :scratch
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Weee mini update with a few pics...Lol

First off I fecking hate alloy wheels!!!!!!

Yes me being the complete technical nonce at times I decided to try and roll a wheel off of my back seat slamming my hand against the door card I think, things went a little black and cant remember..

All I know is PAIN, been to hospital and have deep bruising of the bone and a shattered knuckle...This definetly means I wont be painting my new rims as dont trust them trying to kill me secretly.. :lol:

Anywho, not much done really but Andrei was kind enough to debadge the front wings for me while I wandered around general moaning that my hand hurt pretty bad......Pics of debaged car not my hand!!

And a arty ish job as needed a new progress pic...Lol :lol:

The car has also been to a local welders (mucho respecto Justin!) for an inspection as the MOT is in November, unfortunetly who ever welded it last time was a complete PLEBITE!!

It now needs a plate in each front inner arch, o/s rear part of sill and inner arch, floor pan by fuel tank and patch near front of floor pan..Also got to replace CV boot again as apparently it is leaking slightly but as it was a quick job and a split boot I am not surprised.

All in all though Justin quoted me £200 to get it basically Mot ready which is basically half what most garages would be charging so will be going in for some surgery soon!

Thats about it really, didnt do much else bar go to the pub :cheers

Did however take my mind off of my hand for a while.......... :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Pint of Speckled Hen please :D

Good work on the pics mate. was a bit unlucky about the hand injury. Was funny in a way though.. Putting a wheel away in my garage, tucking it to the side.... all i hear is AAAHHHHHH!!!! :lol: Sorry mate. lol.

Anyway Cav looks much better now semi-de badged. This definitely is an active WIP :thumb
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Cavalier342 wrote:This definitely is an active WIP :thumb
Sure is buddy unlike my other one on the other site I joined that I wont mention on here...

Besides its Sh*te, this is my new home while I have the Cav anyhow which should be quite a while as kinda fallen in love with the old girl now..
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mikebmth wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote:This definitely is an active WIP :thumb
Sure is buddy unlike my other one on the other site I joined that I wont mention on here...

Besides its Sh*te, this is my new home while I have the Cav anyhow which should be quite a while as kinda fallen in love with the old girl now..
That's Cavaliers for you. Just something about these cars that want you to look after them and cherish them for eternity:D
Previous:

jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Nice progress mate looks much better now :cool just trying to decide what to do badge wise on mine :? :lol:

Unlucky with the hand injury though! Hope all is better soon! ;)

Liking the idea of oem+ that's what I'm going for with mine once I eventually get started lol :lol:
[center]Image
[/center]
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

jimmy wrote:Liking the idea of oem+ that's what I'm going for with mine once I eventually get started lol :lol:
Nice one Jimmy :thumb

Will be watching yours with interest then! Love that Mk2 pic you have on your posts buddy..

Have a soft spot for nicely modded mk2's
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Mini update...Not the BMW kind either :sick

Bought a set of Gsi rear clusters of of Kevwaggy! Cheers bud, but fitted one and dont like how they look as wanted to keep the plastic strip across the top.. :roll:

Heres a piccy

So decided to sell them on, see for sale section for my ad with some bits...

In the process of taking my old cluster off though I found it pretty well stuck on so decided to give it a punch from the inside, that would have been fine apart from the fact I wasnt holding it from the outside.. :wall

One cracked cluster!! YAY!!

Fortunetly found one on the Ebay and the guy was only over in Weymouth so me ad Andrei decided to go have a mini road trip to collect it, £7 later it was mine and another 7 quid later I felt fat and tired after fish n chips on the beach... :lol:

Anyway many thanks to Andrei for use of his garage and his spraying skills as we masked and resprayed the rear lights or should I say Andrei retinted my rear clusters for me before he says it.. :lol: ...Do think they look much better now..

Boot full of tools, washing fodder and junk comes as standard with all my cars... :lol:

And to top it off I should be saving money to get the welding done but I have just purchased a set of lowering springs online so waiting for those to arrive and hopefully I can twist our mate Justins arm to fit them for me whilst he does the welding..

Of course I am attending the Rownhams meet next sunday so hope to get some decent pics up then!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Good work on the pics mate. It was getting dark but that wasn't gonna stop us :thumb
Fish & Chips were great :D Good trip bar the return leg traffic...
Looking forward to catching up Wednesday mate :thumb
Previous:

planetc

Re: Re: Mikes 2.0 Gls

Post by planetc »

Cavalier342 wrote: Fish & Chips were great :D
We too have had fish and chips on the beach today..... don't you just love living near the sea!
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Oh ye, it's great... if you can find a spot to park at on a good day...
Previous:

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I had curry and chips in a massive council estate......
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

:lol:
Previous:

Mikebmth

Re: Re: Mikes 2.0 Gls

Post by Mikebmth »

planetc wrote:
Cavalier342 wrote: Fish & Chips were great :D
We too have had fish and chips on the beach today..... don't you just love living near the sea!
Indeedy... Really shouldnt of have, driving all day at work and eating on the go makes me fat..

Fat = Girlfriend moaning at me to loose weight :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

That's why I insisted on walking further down on the seafront to find a spot to sit and eat at, instead of perking down on a bench next to some stranger, next to a garbage bin :lol: But no, it's Mike's way :lol:
Previous:

Squig

Post by Squig »

Sorry guys but it's all about the Pizza!
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

I took them off because I put my standard bootlid back on and wanted the plastic strip to match up! :roll:
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Kevwaggy wrote:I took them off because I put my standard bootlid back on and wanted the plastic strip to match up! :roll:
Off of food now then guys... :lol:

Yeah same as Kev, considered finding a blank panel etc but just like mine as is I think so sticking with it for the time being anyway..
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Mikebmth wrote:
jimmy wrote:Liking the idea of oem+ that's what I'm going for with mine once I eventually get started lol :lol:
Nice one Jimmy :thumb

Will be watching yours with interest then! Love that Mk2 pic you have on your posts buddy..

Have a soft spot for nicely modded mk2's

Thanks mate :thumb ;) it was my pride an joy went through a fair few changes had an 18SE engine running 121BHP :cool was pretty good just took an awful lot of maintaining!! I have to say I'm glad I sold it an have bought a mk3 I think cause its a torquey'er engine an a CR box its quicker drives better much more comfy to :D that pic is from a convoy to trax last year.

What colour is your interior mike? I want rear headrests in mine ;)
[center]Image
[/center]
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

jimmy wrote: What colour is your interior mike? I want rear headrests in mine ;)
Its a very dark grey with little flecks on, just looked at your and main issue is the rear headrests plug into the shelf not the seats themselves.

Ok if you could find a shelf but they are rare as rocking horse poo mate..

Did make me think though, and upon checking I had no interior pics so here goes:

Kevwaggy

Post by Kevwaggy »

Mikebmth wrote:
jimmy wrote: What colour is your interior mike? I want rear headrests in mine ;)
Ok if you could find a shelf but they are rare as rocking horse poo mate..
Really? I think I have a spare one in the garage!
"You offer someone a sincere compliment on their moustache and suddenly she's not your friend anymore"

I've decided I would really like a sex change, preferably from 'none' to 'absolutely shitloads'