vauxhall cavalier 4x4 turbo

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
bigmitch

Re: vauxhall cavalier 4x4 turbo

Post by bigmitch »

look after the tyres steven rotate them every 1500 mies or the hydraulics will get you. keep the tyres pressures right
SteLowis

vauxhall cavalier 4x4 turbo

Post by SteLowis »

Looking good mate.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

bigmitch wrote:look after the tyres steven rotate them every 1500 mies or the hydraulics will get you. keep the tyres pressures right
cheers mate its going for 4 wheel aliment when i pay sume bills :cry and health check

guy that did cv boots for me said it was very clean cavalier cleanst he seen for while
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

SteLowis wrote:Looking good mate.
cheers :cool
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:
bigmitch wrote:look after the tyres steven rotate them every 1500 mies or the hydraulics will get you. keep the tyres pressures right
cheers mate its going for 4 wheel aliment when i pay sume bills :cry and health check

guy that did cv boots for me said it was very clean cavalier cleanst he seen for while
Watch those two wires at the back of the hydraulic unit .The pressure sender, they are pain for shuttng
down the 4x4 due slightest bump or water getting on them due heavy rain,s"£t when you trying get away
from juction in the wet.
Get the transfer fliud changed as well ,rear diff ,these cars are not the run of the mill do need to be looked after
but enjoy her
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

thats plan after mot full service for him/her and get box lockt
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:thats plan after mot full service for him/her and get box lockt
Good move. I wish I did the same five years ago save alot of grief but does change the car
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

lol yip seen 1 on gumtree just need to get sume cash together
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:lol yip seen 1 on gumtree just need to get sume cash together
Not buyng another one steven
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

transfer box not cav

plus i swapt gsi to get turbo so it dont owe me a lot tbh :lol: and as sumeone said on fb they only going up in price :p
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Obviously pleased for you, looks nice. Not keen on the red coolant bottle, I imagine the paint will flake off of that easily enough too, but overall looks really nice. Has it had front end damage at some point? The bonnet/grille/headlights don't look very well aligned, you might want to straighten them out a bit.

Good work though, look forward to progress. What are the alloy centre caps by the way? Couldn't make them out?
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

humbucker wrote:Obviously pleased for you, looks nice. Not keen on the red coolant bottle, I imagine the paint will flake off of that easily enough too, but overall looks really nice. Has it had front end damage at some point? The bonnet/grille/headlights don't look very well aligned, you might want to straighten them out a bit.

Good work though, look forward to progress. What are the alloy centre caps by the way? Couldn't make them out?
i was wondering the same as on one of the photos the drivers wing looks different shade from door? (you can tell with how shine/reflection differs where the door meets the wing?..)

I think it looks great tho, and the red is ok - be boring if we were all the same! :thumb
Cavalier-C20LET

Post by Cavalier-C20LET »

looks great steven , shame they let a monkey do the brake pipes tho lol , again reds not too my taste, but lucky its not ma car eh lol

defo had paint on the front drivers wing, but youll be hard pushed to find a cavalier these days that hasnt got damage or paint ect , good work,, stay the fk away from shat vectras now ;)
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

humbucker wrote:Obviously pleased for you, looks nice. Not keen on the red coolant bottle, I imagine the paint will flake off of that easily enough too, but overall looks really nice. Has it had front end damage at some point? The bonnet/grille/headlights don't look very well aligned, you might want to straighten them out a bit.

not as far as i am awear came up clean on dvla check 1 of the bits on lights snapt off plus preface lift on facelift

its the bonnet thats slitly diff couler cause it had this minging bonnet on it

its heat restistent paint on bottel only on it till i get a metal 1 i know of for sale :cool

plus i like it red lot better than it uset to look forgot to take pic of inside as well as hes cover the wood effect as well most folk prob not like it but i do so i am very happy with it and at end of day thats all that counts :thumb
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:

not as far as i am awear came up clean on dvla check 1 of the bits on lights snapt off plus preface lift on facelift

its the bonnet thats slitly diff couler cause it had this minging bonnet on it

its heat restistent paint on bottel only on it till i get a metal 1 i know of for sale :cool

plus i like it red lot better than it uset to look forgot to take pic of inside as well as hes cover the wood effect as well most folk prob not like it but i do so i am very happy with it and at end of day thats all that counts :thumb
I like the bonnet that does have a hardcore look to it .The heat they produce has to got somewhere
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

nah i like plain bonnet guy over on migweb has it i am ust happy hes fixt bumper and also mean i can get bigger intercooler and not need to chenge number plate to daft wee squre 1 :thumb
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

i liked the bonnet :)

i got 2 promo motorsport header tanks pm a offer befor it hits the big bad ebay :lol:
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

you got pic of them mate ?

send on here of faceake if you want
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

there you go mate

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ah ok just standard ones, looked like a different logo but must have been the discolouring.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

no probs :cool

prob look in to getting new 1s
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Its not the bonnet thats the problem its the drivers front wing, its to dark, even on that pic above you can tell. It needs the wing painting again and blending into the door, wud look spot on then.
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

its just pic mate as its bonnet thats wrong couler slightly off couler
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Been spraying cars for along time, its the wing trust me.