vauxhall cavalier 4x4 turbo

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
bigmitch

Re: vauxhall cavalier 4x4 turbo

Post by bigmitch »

Gaz wrote:
bigmitch wrote:
V6power wrote:more like he was covering the fact its knackered, no wonder he swapped it for a vectra GSi.
That's what I was thinking, but if the bodys fine whats a engine rebuild
About £2000
They are not cheap cars.I have rebuild mine twice. £2000 if he replaced the engine, but this been steven he probably didn't dip it right
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

They are not cheap cars.I have rebuild mine twice. £2000 if he replaced the engine, but this been steven he probably didn't dip it right[/quote]

erm yes i did thanks and its stephen not steven

had call from second last owner
he had put new turbo on it 5-6ms ago he cut pipe as it was poping off all time so he was going to do mod ads done he thinks pipe beneth turbo might need replaced if thats whats leeking cause of pressure when i conneted pipe back up might have caused it to leek :scratch
he rebuilt head and bottom end as well be4 he sold it WOMEN i got it from

and turns out my car is meant to have preface lift lights on it as its a 1993 just on turn of change plus it had cloth seats in it he bought turbo leather in it hence why there no wires for heated seats :scratch
so now i will be on hunt for wires for heated seats

he also said its always blown hot air threw vents he thinks pipes are mixt up or 1 not coneted so dash will be getting stript back soon as well

so weekend plans will be full engine flush and hopefully oil and fliter change and hopefully buy ads catcher tank as well
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Thats not right, ALL turbo's were facelifts, only the earlier gsi's were preface. So at some point along the line the headligts have been changed , probably due to a light front end accident and they were the only ones he could get at the time.

As for the wires for the heated seats, all turbos should have the wiring there somewhere, have alook under the carpet see if its tucked away. Not sure if the clotch seats were heated or not, never had them.
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

only earlier gsi's were preface???

uum all GSI's were preface lift, ive never ever seen a gsi with face lift lights fitted

but as dans say all the cav turbo's were facelift to match the grill dude :)
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

I meant earlier as in the gsi was made before the turbos, didnt mean that there was an early and late gsi as i know there isnt.
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:They are not cheap cars.I have rebuild mine twice. £2000 if he replaced the engine, but this been steven he probably didn't dip it right

he had put new turbo on it 5-6ms ago he cut pipe as it was poping off all time so he was going to do mod ads done he thinks pipe beneth turbo might need replaced if thats whats leeking cause of pressure when i conneted pipe back up might have caused it to leek :scratch

and turns out my car is meant to have preface lift lights on it as its a 1993 just on turn of change plus it had cloth seats in it he bought turbo leather in it hence why there no wires for heated seats :scratch

he also said its always blown hot air threw vents he thinks pipes are mixt up or 1 not coneted so dash will be getting stript back soon as well

so weekend plans will be full engine flush and hopefully oil and fliter change and hopefully buy ads catcher tank as well[/quote]

Lets get some right stephen there is no f"£king way that engine would run right with that much oil in it with out
either shaking its self to death due the crank being in the oil or it was to cover for a leak which you would of noticed
there would of be aleast 1.5 litres to much oil in there if the amout on the dipstick was right .
Bud were here to help but if you wont listen whats the point of asking
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

:lol: i did wounder :lol:

but they never did a preface turbo stephen :thumb
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

bigmitch wrote:
TurboSteve wrote:They are not cheap cars.I have rebuild mine twice. £2000 if he replaced the engine, but this been steven he probably didn't dip it right

so weekend plans will be full engine flush and hopefully oil and fliter change and hopefully buy ads catcher tank as well
Lets get some right stephen there is no f"£king way that engine would run right with that much oil in it with out
either shaking its self to death due the crank being in the oil or it was to cover for a leak which you would of noticed
there would of be aleast 1.5 litres to much oil in there if the amout on the dipstick was right .
Bud were here to help but if you wont listen whats the point of asking[/quote]

i am listing to few folk sume i ant 1s thats takeing piss i just egnore i have disconetd pipe again and its driping out slowly and out pipe at bottom of turbo and i am draining rest of it the morra night when i get ramp from mate
as i said at weekend its getting engiine flush and new oile filter and fresh oil
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

gsi pie wrote::lol: i did wounder :lol:

but they never did a preface turbo stephen :thumb
well i thought that but ryan last owner is positve its meant to have preface lights on it had facelift lights on it when he bought it he changed them to prefacelift he got info of migweb :lol: :p

dan he said it had cloth seats in it and he bought switches , i thought wires be underneath carpet as they where in my old redtop gsi

as for bump it never had 1, its bonnet that diff douler as old bonnet that pie likes has been desroyed as it flipt open and bent over on its self so he bought new bonnet and as it was old paint he had to get new stlye oaint ie non water based stuff :scratch , tbh i have no idea all i knw is it past mot and when mate had bumper of he said front was straight and nothing wrong with it and it drives straight
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Fuk sake steven its not takin the piss its called "Banter". Get a grip, nobodys really that arsed at all, were trying to HELP. If you don't want to listen or can't take criticism then you really shouldnt be on any forums as thats what there all about.

I'd grow up or get off the site.
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

When shes up the ramp check the all the oil seals bud cause there something not right here cause of the pressure that amount of oil would of cause
the turbo seals to go and god nows what with the engine. Take the plugs out and check see what con there are, then check if oil water mixed
Does it smoke on startup, what colour is it if it does.
I wasn't ripping the p!"s stephen but you asked we answered
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Yeah i'd also be checking all oil seals/pipes. And as said what coulor is the smoke?
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

turbo dan mitch not talking about you two :lol:

its not garage ramps its car ramps
main thing i am going to do is ads mod and get new pipeing from autovaux

bigmitch it had full topend build and bottom end build 7ms ago have recites to prove it :D
looks like busy sunday/monday in my garage by looks of it :lol: obnly 25 days to get it ship shape
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

TurboDan wrote:Yeah i'd also be checking all oil seals/pipes. And as said what coulor is the smoke?
its just smoke from oil burning onto down pipe :cry
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Put a video up of it running as it is now under the bonnet and of the exhaust smoke whilst someone is reving it abit.
planetc

Post by planetc »

TurboSteve wrote: well i thought that but ryan last owner is positve its meant to have preface lights on it had facelift lights on it when he bought it he changed them to prefacelift he got info of migweb :lol: :p
Forget when it was registered the model year used to start before the previous year ran out. Model year is determined by the chassis no. 87N would be 92, 87P would be 93. 93 MY has facelift, 92 MY is pre.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

TurboSteve wrote:
TurboDan wrote:Yeah i'd also be checking all oil seals/pipes. And as said what coulor is the smoke?
It is possible it is just being over filled :scratch but get it drained and use a good oil. Were is the oil leaking from, the cam gasket or turbo
Does it smoke from the exhaust on start if it doesn't then you being very lucky
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

'erm yes i did thanks and its stephen not steven''

I think you'll find it's TURBO Stephen :lol:
V6power

Post by V6power »

Stoater85 wrote:'erm yes i did thanks and its stephen not steven''

I think you'll find it's TURBO Stephen :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant!!
If in Doubt.......Flat out!
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

bigmitch wrote:
TurboSteve wrote:
It is possible it is just being over filled :scratch but get it drained and use a good oil. Were is the oil leaking from, the cam gasket or turbo
Does it smoke from the exhaust on start if it doesn't then you being very lucky

Its driping from pipe beneath turbo no smoke from exhuste
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

hope you get this sorted fella :thumb
Ads

Post by Ads »

the hose below the turbo, is the turbo oil return hose, this is a special oil resitant hose, you carnt use just ant hose, i think it a dealer part, Ads
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

Ads wrote:the hose below the turbo, is the turbo oil return hose, this is a special oil resitant hose, you carnt use just ant hose, i think it a dealer part, Ads

That could be why its leeking then cheers for help ads-pie-mitch-dan
Ads

Post by Ads »

No problem Stephen, us turbo owners have to stick together to keeps these bloody cars on the road, Ads
TurboSteven77

Post by TurboSteven77 »

Ads can you pm me your pay pal info for catcher tank finaly clearded debts cheers