Mikes 2.0 Gls

Show off your pride and joy! All Mk3 Cavaliers are welcome (please post only one thread per car)
Mikebmth

Re: Mikes 2.0 Gls

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote:You could sell me back the fog lights :D
Sell it not break it Chris.....

Still have your crossdrilled disks around here somewhere though if you wanna fit them on yours??
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Mikebmth wrote:
Hayward691 wrote:You could sell me back the fog lights :D
Sell it not break it Chris.....

Still have your crossdrilled disks around here somewhere though if you wanna fit them on yours??
Sounds good to me :)
If you decide your front fogs aren't needed... lol
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Still getting on with jobs the car needs whilst I try to decide whether to sell it or not......Just dont want anymore debt than I can handle as just cleared most of what I owed so more money to plow into other things.....

Seriously considering a second car, something stupid to play with at weekends and some safe dry parking for my Cavalier (easy as I work for a large parking company)..lol

So here we go again, popped over the see Andrei yesterday for a bit and foolishly he decided to show me how he had re-chromed his bumper strips so with some bartering ( :cheers ) :lol: he also sorted mine out..........They do still look a bit light and need another coat of the stuff he used but they are much better than the flaky bits that were left.

Before:

After:

Looks much better than it did and now had a good wash and waxing session, next job will be to hoover it out and get it in some sort of condition ready for Beaulieu Vauxhall Show

The car is still suffering issues and I dont believe the tracking has helped much so going to take it back in once I get a few free hours which I now have not got as working for next 11 days straight...
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Might be wheel balance.. do you have spiggot rings in your alloys?
Are you missing the rubber under your headlights?
I Got a spare set :)

Let me take if for a spin... I'll tell you what's broke :P
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

The headlamp seals aren't missing on his, they're just pushed in because of the lenses sticking out so far. On facelift lenses, those seals are useless, they only fit the earlier lenses in my opinion.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote:Might be wheel balance.. do you have spiggot rings in your alloys?
Are you missing the rubber under your headlights?
I Got a spare set :)

Let me take if for a spin... I'll tell you what's broke :P

Alloys are Vauxhall fitment buddy so no need for spigot rings, besides been fine up until the past week or so....Have a horrible feeling I have killed the n/s shock which is a bitch to change as they are inserts...

Headlight rubbers are giving the spiders somewhere to live in the inner wings....Bloody things never stay in place however hard you try to make them....

As for letting you take it for a spin, I may.....Very fussy who drives my cars after a mate years ago killed the springs in the clutch on my Gti and cost me £300 to put it right!!
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

I'm the same mate!!! After the other half drove through a flood and killed the engine... After I told her to avoid them!!!

Shame my dad doesn't live down here... He can do them in record time... Lol
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote: Shame my dad doesn't live down here... He can do them in record time... Lol
Road trip? :lol:

Swindon aint that far :lol:
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Well its been in the garage again!!! Had the tracking reset that apparently was miles off according to Kwik fit and now it still handles like a hippo on rollerskates and thats being polite for a change...

I reckon something is either very loose, bent or n/s gas shock has died already but no access to a ramp ect I just cannot get my head around it, same old issue it had before the front n/s wheel seems as if it aint there or feels loose constantly so bearings? had new Cv not to long back and lower arms etc unless I have bent one hitting the sunk drain I struck at 60mph.....Fed up of it, any advice or offers of looking at it or having a drive of it welcome as seems fu*ked to me.

So I am now 100% this time considering cutting my loses and either breaking her for parts or chucking onto ebay and see what I get back, really have lost all patience with this car now and run out of money to constantly have to keep fixing it.
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Will have a chat with my dad and see what he can think of... There will be loads of Vaux people at beaulie or however its spelt... :)
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote:Will have a chat with my dad and see what he can think of... There will be loads of Vaux people at beaulie or however its spelt... :)
Ta mate, wondering if its the same issue andrei is having with a damaged hub....Fecking nightmare it is and just waiting on sumin to go bang or snap (crackle or pop) and that will be the last of the Cav as I won't repair it if something major goes it will be scrapped..

Wheres all the boffs on this site gone, help!!!
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Quick update......

Been to my exceptionally helpful mechanic and he drove it only to come back 5 minutes later and say "Trackings fu*ked mate" so tomorrow I need to find a reasonable garage that can handle setting up a lowered car properly.

Seems to reckon this will sort it but he doesnt do tracking etc only mechanical repairs etc, stay tuned for more news.

If it aint this he said they will have it in and strip it until they find the issue so happy days thanks to John, just ask andrei as he also now does his repairs if we cannot handle them...Respect fella!!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye they do know what they're talking about.. Very good lads, good service.
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Well taken my mechanics advice and its booked in to Tyreland in charminastan (charminster in plain english) for friday after work, told me all checks are 100% free but if adjustment has to be made then its chargeable which is fine by me..

I just want to find out if Kwikfit did indeed feck it up, if so won't be using them again anytime soon..

Fingers crossed.... :|
CavNoirDip

Post by CavNoirDip »

That'll be Kwikfeckup that you used then Mike!! To be avoided at all costs. CU next Sunday.
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Thanks Brian, wish I had known how sh*te they were before I parted with 60 notes...FFS

Anyway

Been over to Tyre Land this afternoon who I was told are a proper outfit with all the right gear in their work shops, Cav rolled in and 5 minutes later the mechanic / technician walked into waiting room shaking his head, only words first off were your Cav, who f*cking tracked that last time mate?

Told him Kwikfit and he nearly died laughing, tracking was out by nearly 6mm all round so explains the handling issues...

Waited literally half an hour and he had it sorted, bunch of pikeys running the place but they know their stuff and one turns out to be a proper vaux nut with a drift omega at home he showed me pics of!!

Well worth a look if they have one around your way believe me, charged me £38 to correct everything and do checks on bushes and steering gear so well worth it.....

Seemed a much much better drive on the way home so will wait and see what happens in coming days, all in all I may have recommended Kwikfit before but now I see they are a bunch of.....well I'll let you decide huh
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

did you get an invoice?
Should of got this new place to invoice you and write down all corrections...
Then gone into kwikshit and claimed a refund!!!

Hopefully your problems are now solved and you can get back to breaking a different part of her :P
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote: Hopefully your problems are now solved and you can get back to breaking a different part of her :P
What??? You on the crack again Chris... :lol:

Don't wanna break anything, costs me enough feckin money as it is pal....
Hayward691

Post by Hayward691 »

Sleep deprivation mate :P
Been up since 7.30am.... Working from 10pm until 7am then moving house tomorrow....
So I'm a bit fecked atm... lol

In all honesty... I have never known such a problem filled Cav :S
But I salute you sir!!!
I prob would of thrown in the towel and after the first 100pound repair bill... LOL
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Hayward691 wrote: I prob would of thrown in the towel and after the first 100pound repair bill... LOL
You know what I probably should have done, this car should be virtually showroom condition with all the money I have spent and to be honest I did want rid of it but no one will pay what I want.

This car including purchase price owes me getting on for £1500 now, posted it at £750 and not one bite so going to keep it and once funds allow it will be my weekday car as I plan to have something a bit silly for weekends sooner or later.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hayward691 wrote: I prob would of thrown in the towel and after the first 100pound repair bill... LOL

So you bought 2 fiats??? :lol:
Previous:

Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Well seems like this car has it in for me again.... :lol:

Beaulieu on sunday was a great day out but to finish the day off the Cav managed to split the expansion tank bottle which must have been weakened by the high pressure and heat of the HG failure, Andrei came to the rescue though with a spare from his garage so cheers buddy.

Refilled system and found more airlock issues which we have now put down to the heater matrix as this caused issues last time too, waiting on payday then got to tax her and buy a new matrix which weather permitting will go on this weekend as Andrei has offered to help out there as he has done his cars before.

Anyway Beaulieu....Great day out and loads of properly nicely looked after Vauxhalls in attendance but a few shitters as well...Not mine I hasten to add... :lol:

Pic of her sat at the show courtesy of Lowrider Dave....Ta buddy
Attachments
DKCAV.jpg
jb1kenoby

Post by jb1kenoby »

Mikebmth wrote:Thanks Brian, wish I had known how sh*te they were before I parted with 60 notes...FFS

Anyway

Been over to Tyre Land this afternoon who I was told are a proper outfit with all the right gear in their work shops, Cav rolled in and 5 minutes later the mechanic / technician walked into waiting room shaking his head, only words first off were your Cav, who f*cking tracked that last time mate?

Told him Kwikfit and he nearly died laughing, tracking was out by nearly 6mm all round so explains the handling issues...

Waited literally half an hour and he had it sorted, bunch of pikeys running the place but they know their stuff and one turns out to be a proper vaux nut with a drift omega at home he showed me pics of!!

Well worth a look if they have one around your way believe me, charged me £38 to correct everything and do checks on bushes and steering gear so well worth it.....

Seemed a much much better drive on the way home so will wait and see what happens in coming days, all in all I may have recommended Kwikfit before but now I see they are a bunch of.....well I'll let you decide huh

Only ever use this tyreland as had the cobra there recently for getting the wheels balanced and dan the manager gives me great prices

Plus sounds like Colin did the job for u who has done lots on all of my old cars
Born in Luton - Refined in Bournemouth
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

jb1kenoby wrote: Only ever use this tyreland as had the cobra there recently for getting the wheels balanced and dan the manager gives me great prices

Plus sounds like Colin did the job for u who has done lots on all of my old cars

Aye not bad lad, recommended them to a few friends who need tracking etc doing....Good bunch of lads really.....

Got a new present arrive for the car today in the form of a new heater matrix as keep getting airlocks down in the matrix area thought the £30 it cost me is well worth it.

Now to fit the exceptionally awkwardly placed matrix, especially with my car being lower than normal too...

Pics at the weekend when Andrei has offered to tackle the job as he has done his own a couple of times..
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Mikebmth wrote:
jb1kenoby wrote: Only ever use this tyreland as had the cobra there recently for getting the wheels balanced and dan the manager gives me great prices

Aye not bad lad, recommended them to a few friends who need tracking etc doing....Good bunch of lads really.....

Got a new present arrive for the car today in the form of a new heater matrix as keep getting airlocks down in the matrix area thought the £30 it cost me is well worth it.

Now to fit the exceptionally awkwardly placed matrix, especially with my car being lower than normal too...

Pics at the weekend when Andrei has offered to tackle the job as he has done his own a couple of times..

Just make sure there's beer in it for yours truly ;)
Previous: